• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Rousey - Tate.

I've actually excited for this fight.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
If Tate gets armbarred, she deserves to lose.

"Indian's upstart Super Fight League today announced the signing of former UFC fighter Todd Duffee to a four fight contract"

So Fedor will have to find a different can to crush?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Looking at the new TUF cast now. I've seen Chris Tickle fight a few times. He's a good striker and a weak wrestler. His last fight was on a show I judged and he beat TUF vet Brian Geraghty.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jeremy Stephens is going to be replacing Yves Edwards against Cowboy Cerrone.

That should make for an interesting fight. I think Cerrone's striking is far more dynamic then Stephens, so he should take it, but hey Stephens might land that hail mary bomb and put Cerrone to sleep.

Balehead

FTFY

come at me bro

12judo01_650.jpg

How about Travis Browne? He's 4-0 in the UFC. Russow or BC would be good though .. although BC doesn't really deserve Hunt at this point. Which I can't believe I'd be saying if you asked me that a year or two ago.

How about Travis Browne? He's 4-0 in the UFC. Russow or BC would be good though .. although BC doesn't really deserve Hunt at this point. Which I can't believe I'd be saying if you asked me that a year or two ago.
Browne is fighting Griggs next, the guy who beat Valentin in the Strikeforce GP reserves. Seems like they are letting him build up slow, which is good.

Having a feel for how the UFC does its matchmaking, I have a feeling we will be seeing Top 10 UFC Heavyweight Mark Hunt against Homer Simpson aka Mike Russow.

@FrontRowBrian
Bad news... @kingmofh had a major setback. Infection came back. Had another surgery. 6 surgeries in 1 month pic

@FrontRowBrian
@KingMoFH is attached to a tube for antibiotics 24 hrs/day. He's not in grave condition but it's very serious. Could use thoughts/prayers

Damn son

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBA LAMPS

Shit sucks, brother had a the same infection in his leg after a reconstruction. Spent a week or so in hospital getting pumped full of drugs and getting drained.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I remember it all, but Mark Hunt was the moment of the night for sure. I see an inevitable fight with Russow or Big Country next.

Both fights would be a major step back for Hunt. If anything, Kongo should fight one of those guys.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mir or Bigfoot or Carwin.

This. Mark Hunt's too old and too established now to need any more build-up fights. I'm pretty sure he could easily KO Carwin and Bigfoot.

Couldn't help myself ...

iYOqDZZoswudG.gif

I was about to make this myself, but was too tired. The look on his face is perfect.

Both fights would be a major step back for Hunt. If anything, Kongo should fight one of those guys.
Russow hasn't lost a fight since '07 and it was his only loss. I'm pretty sure that's who Hunt's next opponent will be. If they're smart, they will keep Werdum way the fuck away from him.

Noway should Hunt fight the guy the got KTFO by the guy he just beat. I say give him a big fight with Cain, Carwin or Mir. I think he can beat anyone of those guys. Its looking like hes taking the same path to the title as Cain so they will probably give him Nog when he returns.

Good fights for Hunt
Mir
Cain
Carwin

Bad fights
Werdum
Nog

Hunt vs Carwin would be my first choice. That fight has the potential for some serious fireworks and a potential high light reel KO. If the fight remains standing than Hunt will K Carwin TFO.

Also if that fight happened Hunt will be the obvious underdog so I would put a buck down on him. Easy money.

the masochist in me wants to see Hunt fight Roy Nelson to see if Roy's chin really is indestructable.

edit: actually fuck that, Hunt would get Kimura'd

Heel

I love Hunto and all, but I don't think there's anyone above him in the rankings that would have trouble taking him down. Bigfoot, Mir and Nog are slow enough to get their heads knocked off, though.

the masochist in me wants to see Hunt fight Roy Nelson to see if Roy's chin really is indestructable.

edit: actually fuck that, Hunt would get Kimura'd

I like this fight too but it does nothing for Hunto. He needs somebody further up the ladder. His quick dispose of Kongo solidified that.

Top Bottom