• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What is the point of having an interim champion if he won't even defend his title against the top guys in the division? Ellenberger should have called his ass out in Omaha. (I'm from Omaha and big Jake fan /biased).
That's a valid line of thinking regardless of bias. Even Ellenberger himself admitted afterwards to the mma media that he regretted not calling out Condit and many of us here were disappointed in him not doing so as well.

Just look at Anthony Pettis, he called out Bendo. He/his management have been chirping about a rematch the past few days and it's creating buzz among the mma fanbase to see that fight. It will definitely happen. Ellenberger could've done the same but blew his opportunity.

Kind of silly if Conduit waits for GSP, if he was leaning towards that why give him the belt? Should have called it a #1 contenders match and not a title fight

I think they do pointless interim titles just to go "TITLE VERSUS TITLE WHO WILL WALK OUT WITH THE TITLE. TITLE!"

Of course lol

What other interim champs have they recently?

I remember Mir was interim champ, did he fight anyone? (I looked it up........Nog beat Sylvia for the interm belt and then Nog dropped it to Mir)
Can't think of any others since I started following MMA......

Oh, GSP beating Matt Hughes for the interim WW belt while Serra recovered.....but same shit

yacobod

Banned
Ronda Rousey said:
Rousey makes no apology for talking her way into a title shot.

“If you’re not going to take every single avenue to try to sell yourself, if you’re only going to do it on performance only, then it’s going to take longer,” she said. “If your performances aren’t that exciting and your interviews aren’t that exciting and the way you present yourself isn’t all that interesting, why do you expect people to want to see you fighting?"

This young woman really does get it. It's sports entertainment people.

Young Anthony Pettis gets it. Dummies like Jake Ellenberger not calling out the interim champ and saying he'll fight who ever joe silva puts in front of him is bad for the sport.

WrikaWrek

Banned

Young Anthony Pettis gets it. Dummies like Jake Ellenberger not calling out the interim champ and saying he'll fight who ever joe silva puts in front of him is bad for the sport.

spitting truth like a cobra

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
missed UFC last night. without spoilering the fights, were they worth watching?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I remember Mir was interim champ, did he fight anyone? (I looked it up........Nog beat Sylvia for the interm belt and then Nog dropped it to Mir)
Can't think of any others since I started following MMA......

Mir then proceeded to get his face crushed by Carwin.

I agree with everything here minus the misuse of the loaded "sports entertainment" term.

Uncle Creepy looks like a short Amir Sadollah with an awesome 'stache....

Yeah he's become one of my new favorite fighters. I especially liked when he said at a presser that anyone who makes up a nickname for themselves is a douche, right on front of mighty mouse, the hitman and the pitbull.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Condit should defend. After the Rashad BS no one should be allowed to just sit and wait some vague amount of time for a title shot. I thought he won the fight too but it's not like he did it in a dominating fashion where you'd say well he obliterated Diaz that should count for something.

yacobod

Banned
Condit should defend. After the Rashad BS no one should be allowed to just sit and wait some vague amount of time for a title shot. I thought he won the fight too but it's not like he did it in a dominating fashion where you'd say well he obliterated Diaz that should count for something.

idk the way the UFC 170# class is shaping up it looks like we'll have conduit sit.

you have hendricks vs kos and hopefully ellenberger vs kampann. they can be in like a 4 way tournament for number one contender.

i disagree with the UFC letting Conduit sitting, but I'm just outlining how i think it's going to shake out.

yacobod

Banned
i think watching mighty mouse get beat up and then get a gifted or botched decision and then celebrate like he won the fight left sour taste in my mouth.

and then listening to team halfamale joey B talking about how all his power at 135# was going to translate to 125#. last i remembered joey B last like 6 or 7 fights went to decision. if not for a crappy JMMA fighter, it likely would have been. Joey B, who you crapping?

Get your Sherdog Strikeforce picks in.. We're going to see lots of finishes on this card and it'll probably be a short night.

Can't wait for Howdy Honda Housey to armbar the shit out of Miesha.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm not going to partake in tonight's card since I won't be home.

-War Grabaka Hitman!
I say this knowing full well that Daley is going to KO him :(

-I don't have a rooting interest in Noons vs Thomson. Although I prefer if Noons won just to give Gil a new face to fight and not a third fight fight with Thomson.

-Truthfully, I don't give a crap about Tate vs Rousey.

-Jacare better go back to using his world class bjj instead of being a crappy kickboxer and sub whoever the hell Bristol Marunde is.

-Scott Smith, you're done buddy. Why is he still fighting?

-Don't care about the undercard.

MkJGg.jpg

yacobod

Banned
i think rousey has a big edge, big difference in quality of athletes. you have an olympian judoka versus some chick thats been passed around by team halfamale.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
you have an olympian judoka .

That is no athlete either. Just some worthless chick who probably didn't have the skill to play a real sport. So she chose some obscure activity that 99.999% of the population doesn't give a shit about. She probably had to compete with like 4 other chicks to make the Olympic team.

That is no athlete either. Just some worthless chick who probably didn't have the skill to play a real sport. So she chose some obscure activity that 99.999% of the population doesn't give a shit about. She probably had to compete with like 4 other chicks to make the Olympic team.

Wait, are you serious?

Part of me wants to make a thread for Strikeforce tonight and call it "Hey GAF there's 2 chicks fighting on Showtime, maybe they'll kiss!"

Dysun

lol @ Paul Daley shooting for takedowns. Thought he was done with boring fighters doing that ish?

Anyone catch Ronda giving the reporter the death stare? pretty lul

Top Bottom