• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Under Heel's top 10 bad MMA there desperately needs a MFC mention. Especially considering it's easily obtainable (HDNet) and forgettable (awful).

Purexed

Banned
Josh Tompson is a clown, first he fights like a bitch then he wears that shirt. Melendez is going to murder him if he's lucky to get a rematch.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MkJGg.jpg
Michael Bluth on the right:

QjhgS.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
omg that was fucking awesome

i'm getting kinda sick of people not tapping when they should though. don't be a dipshit and get machida'd/nog'd. it's not impressive

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i am that biggest wmma hater out there but that was great. awesome to see someone who actually has skill rather than a beauty queen fighting cans or a roid experiment gone wrong. so fun to watch good judo in mma and you rarely get to see it.

rousey knows how to sell fights too. really hope she can stay at the top for a while and actually get half-decent comp along the way

She shouldn't feel bad about it, Tate should have tapped.

BUT JESUS DIDN'T TAP.

i am that biggest wmma hater out there but that was great. awesome to see someone who actually has skill rather than a beauty queen fighting cans or a roid experiment gone wrong. so fun to watch good judo in mma and you rarely get to see it

Absolutely agree. Legit judo in wmma is fantastic to see since it's not giant steroid woman ragdolling tiny girl.

Diaz wanted the ref to stop that fight without a tap.. We would have never heard the end of it if that happened. Mazz already stopped one of Ronda's fights like that.

Rickson Gracie, imo.

Rickson had the "by armbar" joke and crushed a couple cans, but Royce subbed lots of guys and was undefeated by just using that single dimension in MMA's infancy. That's the stage WMMA is at right now where a one dimensional fighter can win fights. We still have yet to see good well rounded fighters in WMMA and when they come around, Ronda will not be at the top anymore.

Edit: I recognize the irony of having an Aoki avatar and posting this.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
omg that was fucking awesome

i'm getting kinda sick of people not tapping when they should though. don't be a dipshit and get machida'd/nog'd. it's not impressive

Haven't seen the Strikeforce event yet but it's likely a heat-of-the-moment sort of thing and ultimately depends on the situation. Machida looks like he blacked out before getting a chance to tap. Not sure if I can say the same in Nog's case but hey, it's a possibility.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hello my bretheren. I"m extretmely intoxicated but i"m happy honda won. Am i corect in thonking daley won? Eventhough i was rooting for misaki?

Hello my bretheren. I"m extretmely intoxicated but i"m happy honda won. Am i corect in thonking daley won? Eventhough i was rooting for misaki?

You'd usually be safe in assuming a Japanese guy lost his fight in the US but no, Misaki got the nod from the judges and Daley looked like shit

tass0

Banned
How the fuck one of the judges gave it to Daley 29-28 I'd never know.

30-27 Misaki, easily, and at the very worst, 29-28.

Fuckin' MMA judges.

Top Bottom