• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

SteveWD40

How the fuck one of the judges gave it to Daley 29-28 I'd never know.

30-27 Misaki, easily, and at the very worst, 29-28.

Fuckin' MMA judges.

Daley is truly the most inconsistent, unprofessional waste of talent in MMA. He smoked Kampmann and was seconds away from beating Diaz, yet he makes weight 5/10 and can look sub B league when he just headhunts and gasses after not getting a KO in round one.

Shame.

SteveWD40

Paul Daley is 1-3 in Strikeforce, meanwhile he's 2-1 in the UFC.

UFC's gettin' exposed, yo.

That or it shows off how good he can be when fully prepared / motivated / trained. He has been known to make more effort on the "big show" and not be serious about much else.

MjFrancis

Feb 27th:
Rousey by armbar.

LOL
March 3rd:
broke2.gif

Would anyone have paid out for such a prediction had I bothered to put money on it?

Heel

Rickson had the "by armbar" joke and crushed a couple cans, but Royce subbed lots of guys and was undefeated by just using that single dimension in MMA's infancy. That's the stage WMMA is at right now where a one dimensional fighter can win fights. We still have yet to see good well rounded fighters in WMMA and when they come around, Ronda will not be at the top anymore.

Edit: I recognize the irony of having an Aoki avatar and posting this.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think Cyborg will come through and wreck her. Hell, I think Kaufman will at least test her chin out.

ShaneB

I stopped giving a fuck when they reset the score. I'm just picking weird shit from here on out.

Bah, nonsense. It was getting ridiculous for overall standings unless you picked every single event.

All I care about is single event standings. Just fun to make picks on an event and see how everyone does.

I see I got another 4th place finish, not bad at all!

dem

Am I the only one who feels like hes watching midget fights when the flyweights are out there?

These guys are tiny.. and the octagon size ain't helping.

I never feel like i'm at beachers madhouse when i see the lighter boxing weights. Gotta be that octagon.

TheNatural

My Member!
Bah, nonsense. It was getting ridiculous for overall standings unless you picked every single event.

All I care about is single event standings. Just fun to make picks on an event and see how everyone does.

Well maybe we can start a different, simpler one when the PPV's start kicking up, starting with Jones-Evans. Only "main" shows count, only the main card counts, and give more points to being right on the money in the more inmportant fights.

That's how I would run a pool at least. Not getting more points because you boosted some guy on a Facebook prelim fighting a bar fighter and getting as many points as correctly picking a championship fight on a huge PPV.

Spring and summer are going to be fun, great timing for a bunch of big fights.

5th

TheNatural said:
Not getting more points because you boosted some guy on a Facebook prelim fighting a bar fighter and getting as many points as correctly picking a championship fight on a huge PPV.
It took effort and skill to click the link to that bar fighter's record and read the list of high school gyms he's fought at. Do you know how hard it is to coordinate ambulances in small town America?

TheNatural

My Member!
5th

It took effort and skill to click the link to that bar fighter's record and read the list of high school gyms he's fought at. Do you know how hard it is to coordinate ambulances in small town America?

And yet, Heel still found a stream on it. If this thread hits the depths of iPhone cam streaming of two bar room brawlers in a grade school gym, I'm going to request the thread gets locked. Don't do it Heel.

And yet, Heel still found a stream on it. If this thread hits the depths of iPhone cam streaming of two bar room brawlers in a grade school gym, I'm going to request the thread gets locked. Don't do it Heel.
As long as the commentators read our chat and do shout outs to MMA-GAF.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Am I the only one who feels like hes watching midget fights when the flyweights are out there?

I never feel like i'm at beachers madhouse when i see the lighter boxing weights. Gotta be that octagon.
They should lower an octagon into the octagon.

yacobod

Banned

no friend, i've been very vocal in my opposition of the addition of the midget divisions in the UFC. they should move these fights to strike force to help salvage that mess. I think that strike force card last night was one of the worst cards i've ever watched.

Az987

all good things
no friend, i've been very vocal in my opposition of the addition of the midget divisions in the UFC. they should move these fights to strike force to help salvage that mess. I think that strike force card last night was one of the worst cards i've ever watched.

The chat was a lot more entertaining than the fights.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Daley fight was entertaining just to watch him get outstruck again. I think the Thomson-Noons debacle is overshadowing a bad, but not all-time-horrible card, and ME made up for that as long as you were wise enough to realize that Josh Thomson was fighting and it probably didn't need your undivided attention.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Astro did you watch the undercard?

I missed the first two fights, which seemed pretty good. Is Healy on TRT now or what?

Kaufman-Davis I caught bits of, was fun in terms of basically just rock em sock em.

Bowling I thought was terrible given his level of competition. Same as Jacare really.

ShaneB

The Thomson-Noons fight was awful, but then immediately validated by Thomson's candid post fight interview. Wish more fighters were that honest about performances.

Heel

The Thomson-Noons fight was awful, but then immediately validated by Thomson's candid post fight interview. Wish more fighters were that honest about performances.

His honesty might lose him a title shot. How can they really build off of "I fought like shit"? Melendez-Thompson III is a tough sell as it is. He really didn't earn a shot last night.

yacobod

Banned
His honesty might lose him a title shot. How can they really build off of "I fought like shit"? Melendez-Thompson III is a tough sell as it is. He really didn't earn a shot last night.

the problem for strike force is who are they going to bring in to fight gil, unless they bring in a UFC guy he's pretty much all they got.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Dana White '100% UFC', Apparently Done With Strikeforce Involvement

So Dana's deeper involvement with Strikeforce lasted 3 months. Probably puts an end to those ideas about UFC fighters crossing over.

I think he meant specifically done with trying to do anything with the production. I know Dana is a production perfectionist, and even giving up a little control to Fox was a bit of a stretch with him.

He will still do behind the scenes stuff that deal with fighters, fights, etc.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It's not like Strikefarce is brimming with talent to match Gil against.

AiTM

Banned

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
You're talking about a promotion that gave Brett Rogers a title shot coming off a loss and to Keith Jardine after a draw.

Top Bottom