• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
MMA |OT3| - We're A Chat Room Now.. A/S/L?

Chat has made MMA Gaf so much better, I can be a Bigot asshole without repercussions........ and I love it.

I'm never in this chat. I assume because it's most active during live events when I'm either: a) At a bar watching it. b) Asleep. GMT +8 strikes again.

Chael Sonnen with some real talk on QRJ:

"I like him. Look, he's a crybaby, but I find it entertaining. I like it when he goes on his campaigns about entitlement and how he should be given easy fights. I don't agree with any of it, but, you gotta understand, everybody's gonna stumble, at times, but to miss weight at a fight poorly, when you're paid what he's paid -- he's the second highest paid fighter in the industry now that Brock Lesnar is retired -- it kind of puts him in a different ballpark. A lot of things are expected of him and he's not quite delivering. But as far as retirement talk, the guy ought to be able to have a bad performance here and there. Randy Couture, the greatest of all time, had bad performances, but he always came back."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/3/16/2...calls-rampage-a-crybaby-comments-on-trt-usage

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Hmm...I'm not familiar with this ground game.

But I'm cool with it.

l.jpg

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

M-1 Challenge 31 featuring Heel's Bad MMA Fight of the Week: Jeff "The Snowman" Monson vs. Alexey Oleinik

Starts at...SHIT IT ALREADY STARTED!, free on MixFight.ru

Cage Warriors Fighting Championship: Fight Night 4http://www.sherdog.com/events/CWFC-Fight-Night-4-18710

Starts at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET, free on MMAJunkie.com

Bellator 61

Prelims start at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix

Score Fighting Series 4

Starts at 4:30 PM PT / 7:30 PM ET, free on theScore.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on FX

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Michael Guymon vs. Chris Leyva (Friday, BAMMA USA: Badbeat 5)
Gabe Ruediger vs. Scott Catlin (Friday, BAMMA USA: Badbeat 5)
James McSweeney vs. Felise Leniu (Saturday, Shamrock Events: Kings of Kombat 6)

TheNatural

My Member!
Chael Sonnen with some real talk on QRJ:

"I like him. Look, he's a crybaby, but I find it entertaining. I like it when he goes on his campaigns about entitlement and how he should be given easy fights. I don't agree with any of it, but, you gotta understand, everybody's gonna stumble, at times, but to miss weight at a fight poorly, when you're paid what he's paid -- he's the second highest paid fighter in the industry now that Brock Lesnar is retired -- it kind of puts him in a different ballpark. A lot of things are expected of him and he's not quite delivering. But as far as retirement talk, the guy ought to be able to have a bad performance here and there. Randy Couture, the greatest of all time, had bad performances, but he always came back."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/3/16/2...calls-rampage-a-crybaby-comments-on-trt-usage

Hey look, first smart thing Chael has ever said.

ugh fucking M-1 stream keeps dying on me..

btw, Spike.com streamed the entire Bellator card last week.. I'm guessing they'll do it again today, plus the stream is iOS friendly for you new iPad owners out there.

Also yaco, you're robbing yourself of a fuckawesome free fight card when the UFC goes back on Fuel.

Hey look, first smart thing Chael has ever said.
the is false. here's why:
The Reflection Of Perfection said:
You know, these guys want to talk about God. 'Oh, I want to thank God. I want to thank God.' Listen, I'm a God-fearing man, go to church every Sunday and have since I was a boy. But if I ever found out that God cared one way or another about a borderline illegal fist-fight on Saturday night, I would be so greatly disappointed that it would make rethink my entire belief system.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, talking about God is great because it's trolling everyone who gets all annoyed about it. I hope when Anderson wins he does it like 10 times.

So why isn't Chael's talking great because it trolls everyone who gets annoyed by that? How is that different than some simpleton saying thank you Jesus please come quickly?

TheNatural

My Member!
So why isn't Chael's talking great because it trolls everyone who gets annoyed by that? How is that different than some simpleton saying thank you Jesus please come quickly?

Because he's not really trolling anymore, he's become a WWE character. I don't even find him offensive anymore - its actually more funny when a reporter tries to be 'straight up' with him and he gets mad they're not playing along with his persona.

TheNatural

My Member!
Lol, yeah they're doing it to troll people. Suuuuuuuure.

I didn't say they were doing it for that, but because it has that effect it's fine with me. If you get all bent out of shape by that, it's just funny to me.

I hope after Jones beats Rashad he breaks out the Rosary and goes through it bead by bead after telling on every fighter he's heard smokes weed.

yacobod

Banned
Nah, talking about God is great because it's trolling everyone who gets all annoyed about it. I hope when Anderson wins he does it like 10 times.

most of the guys aren't trolling anyone. it's more likely that they are uneducated and ignorant and believe what they say.

TheNatural

My Member!
most of the guys aren't trolling anyone. it's more likely that they are uneducated and ignorant and believe what they say.

Read my last post, I don't think they're intending to, but it's just funny people get bent out of shape about it. I don't care what someone believes, if it gives them motivation to do well in their field it can't be bad (as long as they're not causing other people harm - well outside of their fight.)

And uneducated and ignorant? Welcome to the MMA thread. How about that Brock win brah? :p

yacobod

Banned
Read my last post, I don't think they're intending to, but it's just funny people get bent out of shape about it. I don't care what someone believes, if it gives them motivation to do well in their field it can't be bad (as long as they're not causing other people harm - well outside of their fight.)

i disagree with your premise that they are trolling. trolling would imply intent. these guys are speaking earnestly about what they believe in.

anywho, i don't think this is the right place for a discussion on religion or personal beliefs.

TheNatural

My Member!
i disagree with your premise that they are trolling. trolling would imply intent. these guys are speaking earnestly about what they believe in.

anywho, i don't think this is the right place for a discussion on religion or personal beliefs.

OK well put it this way. I enjoy it annoying the hell out of anyone who is bothered by it, because they deserve it if that bothers them so much. :p

I always get a kick out of the Jones haters here. Can't wait until next month when we hear about how Sugah is going to make sure he gets taken out on a stretcher like Rampage and Machida were going to do.

yacobod

Banned
I always get a kick out of the Jones haters here. Can't wait until next month when we hear about how Sugah is going to make sure he gets taken out on a stretcher like Rampage and Machida were going to do.

Anyone picking against him at this point is blinded by hate either by racism or atheism. guy is talented as hell and finishes his opponents in devastating fashion. i'm a reformed former hater, but i've seen the light. he's going to finish Suga Rashad in wonderful fashion, i can't wait.

if i can change and you can change, we all can change.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone picking against him at this point is blinded by hate either by racism or atheism. guy is talented as hell and finishes his opponents in devastating fashion. i'm a reformed former hater, but i've seen the light. he's going to finish Suga Rashad in wonderful fashion, i can't wait.

if i can change and you can change, we all can change.

Yeah I don't get it. Sonnen acts like a prick = OMG hilarious. Jones is "arrogant " = OMG I hate that mofo hope he gets KO'ed can't stand him.

Honestly, what Sonnen says doesn't bother me since I know he's puttin on a character, but the difference to me is, people fall for that he's actually a good fighter when if he didn't have a personality he would be the middleweight version of Jon Fitch. He's stopped all of one person in Stann in his UFC or WEC career. Jones comes to fight and tries to take guys out, and has so far. I don't get it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rashad couldn't even finish Phil Davis. All JJ could do was grin his head off after that match.

TheNatural

My Member!
Rashad couldn't even finish Phil Davis. All JJ could do was grin his head off after that match.

Someone will say it when the PPV is close, just wait. Rashad will have the "secret" or whatever he claims about Jones in training and knows what to do and all this shit that multiple ex champs of all different styles didn't know.

ShaneB

Sure is weird to not have a UFC event every other week or two now a days.

After having so many events in such a short span, I'll admit it is nice to have a break from UFC cards. There's plenty of other stuff going on as well, so I'm not starving for entertainment. Ah well, at least there's TUF every week, and Bellator is back.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also:

"Jealousy fuels Rashad, to some degree. I think it's very weak emotionally on his part. That's why I can't wait for this fight to be over.

I have no problem with him. Right now, I have my kids, I have my girl, we have our place together, I'm following my dreams. I'm doing the right things in life. I'm on the right track.

Rashad is the one who looks at this whole story like, you know, this guy's went off and created his own team and he's left the people who were there for him in the beginning. He's the one who is going through this whirlwind in life right now.

And I just can't wait to put him out of his misery and solidify me being the light-heavyweight champion and telling him to go have a seat somewhere."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/1...jones-vs-rashad-evans-jealousy-fuels-mma-news

Top Bottom