• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Quake1028

Hmm...I'm not familiar with this ground game.

But I'm cool with it.

l.jpg

Who is the other chick? BWT, hot.

TUF TIME!!!!

Is TUF MMA worst MMA?

You've clearly never watched a stream from a early 1990s America's Funniest Home Video quality camcorder of an event in a high school auditorium in North Dakota where the first fight of the night the one guy is so fat and out of shape he quits in the first round.

brentech

lol, yeah, that was odd. You'd of thought one of those dudes would have wanted to stand up and take it to prove themselves, but they all sat waiting for another guy to do it.

That dude will be tough though, he looked the best out of all, I thought last week.

agrajag

Banned
Anyone picking against him at this point is blinded by hate either by racism or atheism. guy is talented as hell and finishes his opponents in devastating fashion. i'm a reformed former hater, but i've seen the light. he's going to finish Suga Rashad in wonderful fashion, i can't wait.

if i can change and you can change, we all can change.

My favorite fighters are Overeem and Fedor. One black (mixed, if you want to get technical) and the other extremely devout.

I dislike JBJ because: he's a snitch, a goody-two shoes, and at the same time he's pretty arrogant. I'll grant him that he can back that last part up though, so I can't hate him for that. But he also tries to portray himself as a humble nice guy, so he's fake. He just has a bunch of annoying characteristics, as a person, so I can not be a fan of his. Hell of a fighter though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
My favorite fighters are Overeem and Fedor. One black (mixed, if you want to get technical) and the other extremely devout.

I dislike JBJ because: he's a snitch, a goody-two shoes, and at the same time he's pretty arrogant. I'll grant him that he can back that last part up though, so I can't hate him for that. But he also tries to portray himself as a humble nice guy, so he's fake. He just has a bunch of annoying characteristics, as a person, so I can not be a fan of his. Hell of a fighter though.

perhaps, but i don't think that goes against what yaco is saying actually

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
everyone has various reasons to hate JBJ. i think it's overblown but then again i've been a fan of the guy since after his fight with bonnar. it honestly seems to me like everything he does gets blown waaay out of proportion while a roider and con artist like chael sonnen is this awesome and hilarious dude. but w/e when it comes to personality people will have their own opinions.

but as a fighter? yeah. we've all had those guys we found annoying or disliked or whatever who just blew us away with certain performances where if you actually care about the sport you say no matter what they're awesome. nick diaz was like that for me a couple years back. maybe not in terms of talent level but yeah i'd pretty much never miss watching that dude fight regardless of what i think of his personality

ShaneB

I really wanted to see/was expecting "do you want to be a fucking fighter" part 2 speech right theere.

I was expecting a massive reaction, but I guess since it was live that Dana had to control himself. I think we'll see some sort of opinion on next weeks show.

I thought it was insane. It basically showed that no one wants to fight Lawrence. I mean how the heck do you promote yourself as going to kick his ass when you didn't even stand up when given the chance. Ridiculous.

Heel

Well any way you slice it, Cruz picked the most seasoned fighter on the whole show with arguably the best ground game. Interesting fight.

Anyone picking against him at this point is blinded by hate either by racism or atheism. guy is talented as hell and finishes his opponents in devastating fashion. i'm a reformed former hater, but i've seen the light. he's going to finish Suga Rashad in wonderful fashion, i can't wait.

if i can change and you can change, we all can change.
Or you know they just don't like the guy...

I understand you just wanted to take a dig at atheist though. You seem to like doing it.

yacobod

Banned
I understand you just wanted to take a dig at atheist though. You seem to like doing it.

perhaps it's because you have a persecution complex, i consider myself an athiest or agnostic.

i honestly don't see why someone would dislike his fights. he's super athletic. has an exciting style, and brutally finishes his opponents. that's pretty much everything i'm looking for in mma. different strokes i guess.

but i think a lot of the backlash against him is due to his skin color. i don't think i'm making a big stretch when the UFC's target demo is 18-40 white male dudebros.

perhaps it's because you have a persecution complex, i consider myself an athiest or agnostic.

i honestly don't see why someone would dislike his fights. he's super athletic. has an exciting style, and brutally finishes his opponents. that's pretty much everything i'm looking for in mma. different strokes i guess.

but i think a lot of the backlash against him is due to his skin color. i don't think i'm making a big stretch when the UFC's target demo is 18-40 white male dudebros.

So why is Rampage is so popular?

Top Bottom