• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
If GAF is seriously going to get behind Rashad over JBJ, it's going to go down as one of the all time bad movements in OT2, right along with Brock over Reem and Okami over Anderson. Maybe the latter 2 predictions can be forgiven for maintaining character, but what's your excuse brahs?

Suga Rashad sucks.

VASPER

Banned
I like Rashad more than JBJ just because he is a better guy. so that's why I'm pick him even though i think its going to be a hard fight.

If GAF is seriously going to get behind Rashad over JBJ, it's going to go down as one of the all time bad movements in OT2, right along with Brock over Reem and Okami over Anderson. Maybe the latter 2 predictions can be forgiven for maintaining character, but what's your excuse brahs?

Suga Rashad sucks.
I am fully aware of the fact that I am rooting for a fighter that I normally root against, but JBJ is a bit too full of himself right now, he needs to be brought back down to Earth.

Evans career is gonna nose dive after this fight. Too bad.

he can host that MMA show on Spike after Bones decimates his ass. It blows my mind that people haven't learned to not doubt Jones after he destroyed Shogun and Machida, two fighters who are superior to Rashad. He ran through them and now people think Rashad is somehow going to lay and pray a guy who is bigger and stronger than he is?

Heel

Suga Rashad sucks.

Let them go, yaco. Everyone needs a sobering Okami moment.

I hope Bones kills Rashad in the ring. Literally. Like Rashad dies in the ring like Apollo in Rocky 4. I think thats the only thing that will finally get the Bones' haters to admit his dominance and cement his standing as the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Suga Rashad sucks.

Dear god man i said he'd make it interesting I didn't say he would win. In fact i expect fully to see him get stomped, but come on don't tell me you wouldn't shit your pants laughing if he caught JBJ on the chin and sent him packing.

Dysun

Dan Hendo is the next lamb to Jon Jones slaughter

My god Joe Silva, Bisping/Boetsch. talk about some boring match making. 3 round decision for Bisping

Heel

Hendo or Gustafsson/Silva winner if you want to reach.

My god Joe Silva, Bisping/Boetsch. talk about some boring match making. 3 round decision for Bisping

If you look at the rankings and scheduling that's about the best you can do. Rare situation where a winner vs. loser fight was called for. Unless you'd rather him fight Tim "IT'S JUST BLOOD!" Kennedy.

I can see the winner fighting Belfort after he KO's poor zombie Wand.

yacobod

Banned
205# needs a transfusion of talent because after Hendo, is the Mauler Gustaffson ready for a title shot? either that it's going to be rematches with the has-beens of the division. 205# is in sad shape.

too bad guys like king mo, mousasi aren't allowed in the UFC to give the division a shot in the arm.

Rooting for Hashad on this one. As MMA-GAF know, I can't stand Bones and nothing would make me happier to see him lose. If Hashad wins he will be a legend on Sherdog lol.

Rooting for Hashad on this one. As MMA-GAF know, I can't stand Bones and nothing would make me happier to see him lose. If Hashad wins he will be a legend on Sherdog lol.

image.php

I wonder why...

agrajag

Banned

Suga Rashad sucks.

You picked Brock.

image.php

I wonder why...

Not because he beat him, because of how arrogant Jones was acting weeks before the fight with him signing autographs as "2011 UFC LHW Champion" before winning the damn thing. Now the guy says hes not cocky/arrogant than claims that he is "Anderson Silva's younger clone". The dudes a douche and its obvious that the UFC fans don't even like him.

Not because he beat him, because of how arrogant Jones was acting weeks before the fight with him signing autographs as "2011 UFC LHW Champion" before winning the damn thing. Now the guy says hes not cocky/arrogant than claims that he is "Anderson Silva's younger clone". The dudes a douche and its obvious that the UFC fans don't even like him.

He beats people's asses for a living and he does it well. If that wouldn't make someone cocky I don't know what would. And I've never been big on caring about athlete's personalities. As long as he keeps doing what he's doing I'll like him. I'm not trying to be his best friend.

agrajag

Banned
Everybody trashed Condit for turning his back and running to create distance between him and Nick. Everyone laughs at Overeem for doing that in the second Sergei fight. How come no one has a problem with JBJ doing it?

10.gif

Everybody trashed Condit for turning his back and running to create distance between him and Nick. Everyone laughs at Overeem for doing that in the second Sergei fight. How come no one has a problem with JBJ doing it?

10.gif

Because he has finished his fights and finished them brutally. People criticize guys that do that when it looks like they are point fighting to get decisions. Rampage finished that fight getting choked out.

to be fair, so has conduit and he has done so brutally many times.

difference here is JBJ finished this particular fight.

I never criticized Condit anyway. I thought it was awesome how he schooled Diaz. What Bones did in that gif was get the fuck away from Rampage's hook, which was the only way Rampage was going to win the match. It was smart.

205# needs a transfusion of talent because after Hendo, is the Mauler Gustaffson ready for a title shot? either that it's going to be rematches with the has-beens of the division. 205# is in sad shape.

too bad guys like king mo, mousasi aren't allowed in the UFC to give the division a shot in the arm.
yeah King Mo who just came back from almost having a leg amputated and Mousasi who has yet to look good at 205 aside from KOing Babalu.

agrajag

Banned
Because he has finished his fights and finished them brutally. People criticize guys that do that when it looks like they are point fighting to get decisions. Rampage finished that fight getting choked out.

Him and Condit have the same number of decision wins and Condit has more finishes. He doesn't have an extreme physical advantage over his opponents though.

Carlos Condit a point fighter is the biggest farce in MMA history.

Him and Condit have the same number of decision wins and Condit has more finishes. He doesn't have an extreme physical advantage over his opponents though.

Who is criticizing Condit other than pothead fanboys? You seem to have this faulty premise that everyone that criticized Condit also loves Jones. I don't' see where you are getting that crossover from.

Heel

10.gif

Do you want him to hang around with his back against the cage with Rampage in the pocket instead? He got the fuck out of there and reset the fight back on his terms. Why play Rampage's game?

agrajag

Banned
Who is criticizing Condit other than pothead fanboys? You seem to have this faulty premise that everyone that criticized Condit also loves Jones. I don't' see where you are getting that crossover from.

I just find it odd that no one on GAF calls him out for what they call other fighters for. Like he's a fearless warrior god, when he's human just like all other fighters.

Do you want him to hang around with his back against the cage with Rampage in the pocket instead? He got the fuck out of there and reset the fight back on his terms. Why play Rampage's game?

His back wasn't against the fence when he turned his back the first time. But we're arguing over technicalities.

I just find it odd that no one on GAF calls him out for what they call other fighters for. Like he's a fearless warrior god, when he's human just like all other fighters.

People who call fighters out for that (at least when it comes to the examples you are using) are stupid. You should be happy that there is less stupidity, not wondering why there isn't more.

agrajag

Banned
Good answer. Anyway, I give this fight 60/40 to JBJ. I think having trained with JBJ extensively and seeing where all the other fighters went wrong gives him an edge compared to JBJ's previous opponents.

OK let's just say I expected JBJ to do everything he did in that Rampage fight, plus he finished the fight, and also I'm just not too fond of the guy anyways. Additionally, he was a whole lot more aggressive against Rampage than Conduit was against Diaz even though you can see traces of the same kind of game plan. Seeing the Natural Born Killer prance around the ring doing the best Kalib Starnes impression I've ever seen in the Octagon with Diaz was shocking because it's not what he is known for. This is a dude who I had a lot of respect for and even saw him knock Stun Gun the fuck out in person in Vegas last year. We expected a dogfight just because of their styles, Conduit told us to expect one on top of that. Yeah I know it's a bit too "What have you done for me lately", but when it came to his interim title shot, he didn't want to fight. To me this was an admission that Diaz was a better fighter and that he had to game the system to get the nod from the judges because Conduit knew he couldn't win a real fight with Diaz.

Conduit isn't a point fighter by nature, but he sure as shit fought like one against Diaz.

And for the record Scooter, I don't smoke weed lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

10.gif

The same people who hate on Condit hate on JBJ so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Condit was a monster up until he got a chance at that gold. Same thing with GSP. Higher risk fight = lower fighting risk. Hopefully Mr Condit goes back to the Natural Born Killer.

Heel

The same people who hate on Condit hate on JBJ so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

You know what the common thread is? They hate intelligent strategy.

mojUF.png

I'm sorry gentlemen, the Just Bleed era of standing in the pocket until someone crumples is dying. Embrace Bad MMA while you still can.

yacobod

Banned
ben askren wrestle-fucking gsp would be the funniest thing in the world if that ever happened. the righteous indignation from his fan club would be hilarious to say the least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
When are we going to have the "OMG LOOK AT THIS LINE I'M TAKING [UNDERDOG]" discussion on here like before every JBJ fight? Still a couple more weeks?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ben askren wrestle-fucking gsp would be the funniest thing in the world if that ever happened. the righteous indignation from his fan club would be hilarious to say the least.

Did I wake up in a universe where Ben Askren can even challenge GSP?

When are we going to have the "OMG LOOK AT THIS LINE I'M TAKING [UNDERDOG]" discussion on here like before every JBJ fight? Still a couple more weeks?
I don't know but the "OMG LOOK AT THIS LINE" thing really paid off for me in the Tito/Bader fight.

Top Bottom