• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Luixfern

Everybody trashed Condit for turning his back and running to create distance between him and Nick. Everyone laughs at Overeem for doing that in the second Sergei fight. How come no one has a problem with JBJ doing it?

10.gif

JBJ Fought to ko/submit. Condit fought for points.

He beats people's asses for a living and he does it well. If that wouldn't make someone cocky I don't know what would. And I've never been big on caring about athlete's personalities. As long as he keeps doing what he's doing I'll like him. I'm not trying to be his best friend.
*brofist*

I never understood the desire to have people going around downplaying their skills, especially in a sport where a lack of confidence will get you flattened. It seems like people are just mad Jones doesn't go to the trouble of lying to them like GSP does.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
seriously tho..if you turn your back and sprint away..you should lose a point.

When Anderson was doing it to Maia he should have gotten a deduction.
When JBJ did it to Rampage it should have been a deduction
and When Conduit did it as well as all the other others
Hell Tito should have lost a point against Wandy back in the day for that shit.

I get jumping out of danger..i get lateral movement..but turning your back and running should lose a point (or in my dreams a yellow card).

That said if no one officially is gonna reprimand fighters like Anderson Silva and JBJ for doing it..how can you not expect strategists like Greg Jackson to train guys to do it. Path of least resistance is the path to victory

Ortiz vs Griffin 3
Cruz vs Faber 3

THE REMATCHES YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR ARE FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN AT UFC 148

what a shit PPV card that is shaping up to be.

dream

Totally agree with bloodydrake. What is turning your back if not "passivity?" And my understanding is "passivity" is actually illegal under the unified rules.

yacobod

Banned
Chuck should just come out of retirement to fight Tito. Last fight for both legends and would sell more PPV's.

and we can have Forrest vs Bonnar 3 too, maybe make it a card of trilogies nobody wants to see.

Cruz vs Faber 3
Ace Franklin vs Anderson 3
Shogun vs Machida 3
Spencer Fisher vs Sam Stout 3

come on friends of MMA-GAF, let's complete this UFC Trilogy card.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Shamrock vs. Severn 3
GSP vs. Serra 3
Gil vs. Josh 3 Strikeforce simulcast

I expected more from you, sien:

James Thompson vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski 3
Jimmy Ambriz vs. Jeff Monson 3
Ricco Rodriguez vs. Travis Fulton 3

yacobod

Banned
I am posting this as a warning to the finest community on GAF, don't even think about venturing or posting outside of the OT because it may bring unfair persecution down on the rest of the community. Avoid taking shots at some of the "GAF-celebrity" posters, or we might have our thread locked.

I preach ISOLATIONISM friends.

In reference to NBA-GAF:
EvilLore said:
Thread is being locked temporarily.

Segments of the NBA-GAF community have been persistently demonstrating hostility toward the rest of the forum, especially toward female members, and an inability to abide by the ToS in general. If you want to be free of the requirements of civility and respect toward other members, or if you do not want to be a part of NeoGAF as a whole, then I suggest you find somewhere else to go.

When the thread is re-opened the moderation team will be monitoring it heavily and taking action as appropriate. Do not create any temporary/substitute threads to hold discussion in the mean time. Apologies to those not party to this behavior who are being disrupted by the thread closure.

I wonder who the female member that EvilLore is referring too.

Heel

Dear Evilore,

We're ready to fill the void left in NBA-GAF's wake. MMA-GAF would never mock NeoGAF's pseudo-celebrities in a public forum. We also have a long track record of being respectful towards women.

We've suffered through our community's Dark Age. Sticky our thread and take us mainstream.

Signed,

itFXQWzSYvzIc.png

AiTM

Banned
MMA Gaf is the fairest to the other sex. All of the stickied sports threads follow sports that are solely male dominated. We here discuss and observe womans MMA alongside Mens MMA. Recent example being Rousey/ Tate.

yacobod

Banned
MMA Gaf is the fairest to the other sex. All of the stickied sports threads follow sports that are solely male dominated. We here discuss and observe womans MMA alongside Mens MMA. Recent example being Rousey/ Tate.

exactly. we extol the virtue of women's participation in Ultimate Fighting. The Beautiful Chandella, Miss Palmer, and Miss Celeste have captured the hearts of all the posters in this thread with their card carrying abilities.

Heel

I suggest everyone message fellow MMA fan and BJJ practitioner EvilLore and have your voices heard.

A NeoGAF sticky is our Griffin vs. Bonnar. Give us the platform and we'll deliver.

yacobod

Banned
I suggest everyone message fellow MMA fan and BJJ practitioner EvilLore and have your voices heard.

A NeoGAF sticky is our Griffin vs. Bonnar. Give us the platform and we'll deliver.

We are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to secure a sticky. We promise to ban Capt's jailbait K-pop avatars filled with sexual innuendo and will force him to use a suitable replacement (Franca).

Top Bottom