• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

Only if Heel makes me a floating Brittney head.

Save the jokes.

Can you use this instead?

ibu33GXCqaiolo.jpg

Boogie

Also, yaco, I'm not sure you should want to recruit female MMA fans into this thread, since I'm sure most of them will be GSP fans. ;P

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Also, yaco, I'm not sure you should want to recruit female MMA fans into this thread, since I'm sure most of them will be GSP fans. ;P

What girl could resist a man with such stamina he can go 100 minutes without finishing.

dream

sien, my good friend -- if your Flash question is for what I suspect it is for, you're way better off using Splashtop (and logging in to your PC) than a Flashy browser.

And this is the last time I'm helping you until you pull the trigger and buy the fucking iPad.

Heel

sien, my good friend -- if your Flash question is for what I suspect it is for, you're way better off using Splashtop (and logging in to your PC) than a Flashy browser.

And this is the last time I'm helping you until you pull the trigger and buy the fucking iPad.

That is indeed why I asked my helpful friend dream. I will have the iPad within the next month come hell or high water. Bad MMA will be Splashtopped.

dream

Fine, I will allow 3 more questions within the next 30 days as long as you have the thing in hand by April 20, in honor of Nasty Nick Diaz.

AiTM

Banned
chael sonnen ‏ @sonnench Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Not so fast... I will not be participating in anything until my 1 demand is met. My declaration will be made to @jimrome and @jimrome only.

He wants Silva to agree to the leaving the division thing to agree to the fight?

UFC PPVs coming to Calgary in July, Toronto in September, Montreal in November

Dana confirms all three cities will also get 2013 events as well

Dana wanted to do Hendo vs Shogun II in Calgary but Hendo turned it down, but they still get Aldo

Heel

Fine, I will allow 3 more questions within the next 30 days as long as you have the thing in hand by April 20, in honor of Nasty Nick Diaz.

Thank you for the Kustomer Kare, my helpful friend dream.

I looked at the iPad at Best Buy yesterday. The new ones were definitely running hotter than the iPad 2, but they were set at 100% auto brightness for who knows how long while charging. The fever did not catch as I expected, but I can definitely see myself making use of it as an entertainment consumption device at the very least (games, ereader, Flipboard was awesome, etc.).

I will use my first wish now. Do you think the excess heat and yellow screen problems are something to be concerned about, or just nerds being nerds? I'd like to get the thing through an Amazon merchant, but if I'm going to end up returning the thing for a "good unit" I might as well eat the tax and buy it at an Apple store to save myself the hassle.

yacobod

Banned
I will use my first wish now. Do you think the excess heat and yellow screen problems are something to be concerned about, or just nerds being nerds? I'd like to get the thing through an Amazon merchant, but if I'm going to end up returning the thing for a "good unit" I might as well eat the tax and buy it at an Apple store to save myself the hassle.

fuck that noise. i'd buy it on amazon to avoid paying tax. the $40-$60 you save on tax can be used to purchase an ultimate fighting pay-per-view, instead of stealing and watching a poor quality stream online.

furthermore amazon's return policy is good. i've had to return or exchange electronics thru amazon in the past with no hassle.

TheNatural

My Member!
fuck that noise. i'd buy it on amazon to avoid paying tax. the $40-$60 you save on tax can be used to purchase an ultimate fighting pay-per-view, instead of stealing and watching a poor quality stream online.

furthermore amazon's return policy is good. i've had to return or exchange electronics thru amazon in the past with no hassle.

Sorry brah, doesn't hold up in court:

In essence, Zuffa alleges that Justin.tv’s users copied Zuffa’s UFC event and then rebroadcast the UFC event over the internet. This is not the type of conduct properly addressed by the Communications Act, but by copyright law (and, potentially, trademark law) because Justin.tv had no relationship with the original cable or satellite signal: by the allegations, Justin.tv did not receive or intercept any actual cable or satellite signal or broadcast. The Court finds no evidence in the statutory language, other cases, or legislative history that the Communications Act addresses this type of conduct or was meant to bolster or act as a separate type of copyright claim.

In a footnote, the court notes the troubling implications of Zuffa's argument:

If the Court were to allow claims such as these, it would have to allow similar Communications Act claims against scores of “cloud computing” service providers such as Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon.com, Dropbox, Box.net, and others because Jusint.tv’s [sic] particular streaming service would be irrelevant. As an example, say a person took a snippet (or longer) of video of a UFC match being broadcast on their television with their iPhone, Windows Phone, etc. The iPhone then automatically uploads that video to one of dozens of cloud storage systems such as Apple’s iCloud. The Court refuses to find that Apple (or Microsoft, etc.) would be liable under the Communications Act for merely receiving and storing this data under the Communications Act. Yet, Zuffa argues for exactly this result when it argues that Justin.tv’s mere receipt of this video stream makes Justin.tv liable. In passing the Communications Act, Congress did not intend such a result, and this Court will not broaden the effect of the statute in this manner.

DISMISSED.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...-guilty-in-case-filed-by-Zuffa-for-streaming/

Heel

Always go amazon.

The thing is, Amazon does not sell the iPad themselves for some reason. It has to be through a 3rd party merchant on their site. I don't know if that keeps me under the umbrella of Amazon's awesome customer service or if I'm stuck dealing with some seedy merchant who won't take an open iPad back.

But yeah, the idea is that $50 can either be peace of mind that I get a "good unit" or $50 worth of apps etc. I'd prefer the latter if there's nothing to be worried about.

In any case, these merchants are still operating under the assumption that they can get more than retail for an iPad right now, so would have to wait until the craze calms down to pick one up minus sales tax.

Before anyone complains, this is indeed MMA related. Zuffa gave their fighters iPad 2's as a Christmas gift.

great news for cellar dwelling American fight fans.

iloXUmLplYJns.gif

yacobod

Banned
sien916, I'd only buy electronics from a third party vendor on Amazon if it's Prime Eligible and it has free shipping. Otherwise I'd pass.

TheNatural

My Member!
great news for cellar dwelling American fight fans.

As opposed to the cellar dwelling tax evasion American fight fans like yourself? :p

Segway into ...

http://www.cagepotato.com/oklahoma-bans-mma-the-time-to-riot-is-now/

Oklahoma commission not accepting any new applications for event permits, effectively banning MMA in the state. Why? Because Oklahoma has a 4% sales tax on all PPV buys that helps fund the commission. Of course, Uncle Dana threatens to sue the Commission for the surtax, and they respond with this.

Another epic fail for Dana.

Heel

sien916, I'd only buy electronics from a third party vendor on Amazon if it's Prime Eligible and it has free shipping. Otherwise I'd pass.

Yeah, checking around to see what other sites have a good return policy and no sales tax.

You can get most any Apple item for a lot cheaper from Amazon merchants though, even if they charge shipping.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So uh yeah, Golden Glory has a mixed card in 2 days.

-Semmy Schilt vs. Brice Guidon
-Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mark Miller
-Jerome Le Banner vs. Errol Zimmerman
-Robin van Roosmalen vs. Dzhabar Askerov
-Tommy Depret vs. Sergei Golyaev (MMA)
-Denis Stojnic vs. Ricco Rodriguez (MMA)

TheNatural

My Member!
Since I'm in rare news form today, I'll throw another one out there:

Mauro Ranallo ‏ @mauroranallo

White tells @themmashow that he was trying to make Henderson vs Rua 2 for Calgary.Hendo turned it down.

I guess Hendo only wants Jon Jones and will wait for it.

dream

Thank you for the Kustomer Kare, my helpful friend dream.

I looked at the iPad at Best Buy yesterday. The new ones were definitely running hotter than the iPad 2, but they were set at 100% auto brightness for who knows how long while charging. The fever did not catch as I expected, but I can definitely see myself making use of it as an entertainment consumption device at the very least (games, ereader, Flipboard was awesome, etc.).

The yellow screen is a problem but if it happens you can just swap it for a new unit at an Apple Store, regardless of where you bought it from.

The heat thing is pretty retarded though. Yes, it runs a little warmer but not uncomfortably so and it's not even remotely in the same spectrum as, say, a laptop.

Heel

So uh yeah, Golden Glory has a mixed card in 2 days.

-Semmy Schilt vs. Brice Guidon
-Sergei Kharitonov vs. Mark Miller
-Jerome Le Banner vs. Errol Zimmerman
-Robin van Roosmalen vs. Dzhabar Askerov
-Tommy Depret vs. Sergei Golyaev (MMA)
-Denis Stojnic vs. Ricco Rodriguez (MMA)

Thank you for the reminder my good kickboxing friend bone.

White tells @themmashow that he was trying to make Henderson vs Rua 2 for Calgary.Hendo turned it down.

I don't blame Hendo. While I'm not against seeing a rematch, I think it's best we move on and be happy with the memory of the first. It can only be downhill from that.

No one remembers Griffin vs. Bonnar II, Zuffa.

The yellow screen is a problem but if it happens you can just swap it for a new unit at an Apple Store, regardless of where you bought it from.

The heat thing is pretty retarded though. Yes, it runs a little warmer but not uncomfortably so and it's not even remotely in the same spectrum as, say, a laptop.

I just found a site Apple nerds seem to like with a 30 day open return policy, free shipping and no sales tax. They claim they have stock if you call I guess we'll see.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Can't really blame him after their last fight and he isn't getting any younger.

Top Bottom