• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't blame Hendo. While I'm not against seeing a rematch, I think it's best we move on and be happy with the memory of the first. It can only be downhill from that.

No one remembers Griffin vs. Bonnar II, Zuffa.

Hendo isn't going to risk his title shot. That's why he was willing to fight at Heavyweight because a loss there doesn't mean as much.

They should just give him a scrub like Machida.

Heel

I think the new and improved K-1 Stun Gun has enough size and grappling ability to keep it standing and outstrike K-1 Maia.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Burger vs Kampmann will be good.

So I'm guessing Aldo will fight Poirer/KZ winner or Hioki. I'm leaning towards the winner of the fight.

Will Cruz/Faber not be on the finale?

Dysun

At this point I would take Shogun/Machida 3 since Hendo is ducking them both for a shot at Jones and Page is out for who knows how long

Even though Shogun won the last two

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hendo vs. Shogun 2 makes no sense at this point. I would understand that kind of matchmaking if there were 2-3 contenders lined up for Jones after Rashad, but there's literally no-one else out there with legitimate contender status except Hendo.

Machida is the only asian worth a shit that the Ultimate has.

v5WW6.jpg

You guys give him too much shit.

Heel

Looks like my "Chael escapes with the title via jetpack" theory is building steam. It's being reported that the fight will be held in Engenhao stadium.

ycrZQ.jpg

Also, I stumbled on this website Google searching for photos. WHAT THE FUCK? http://www.badmma.com/tag/engenhao

The second story on their front page is about Dan Miller. I shit you not.

industrian

Looks like my "Chael escapes with the title via jetpack" theory is building steam. It's being reported that the fight will be held in Engenhao stadium.

ycrZQ.jpg

Also, I stumbled on this website Google searching for photos. WHAT THE FUCK? http://www.badmma.com/tag/engenhao

The second story on their front page is about Dan Miller. I shit you not.

"If it ain't BAD, it ain't good" ™

I think we've found a new contender for the OT3 title.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
machida would beat hendo and put on exciting fight with shogun. i wouldnt count him out against rua either.

thirty

Banned
no jet pack, there will be an underground passage from under the octagon. chael will disappear in a puff of smoke WWE style. then chael will video feed from his limo escaping to the airport on the stadium's big screen causing the Brazilians to rage and destroy the place. *ric flair* WOOOOOH!!!!

WrikaWrek

Banned
People trashing Machida are sad.

His last fight was for the title, and although it doesn't mean much...he didn't look like Shogun. With that I mean, he didn't get the beating of his life.

Dysun

People trashing Machida are sad.

His last fight was for the title, and although it doesn't mean much...he didn't look like Shogun. With that I mean, he didn't get the beating of his life.

It sure looked like he lost his life when it was all said and done
AgW470dCQAA5VRv.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
He got submitted. So what?

Everybody against Jones ends up looking like it's all over. But Shogun went that extra mile didn't he? He was tapping on the floor, to strikes when it was all said and done.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Well one guy was trying to fight and the other was trying to back up and run away after he would throw an unsuccessful punch.

Really? Exactly what kind of fight was Shogun looking for? Getting beat up so bad he wanted it to be over?

Machida at least gave us something we never had, a glimmer of hope that something different can happen. All to be undone by Jones but it doesn't matter.

Shogun was a ragdoll, he went there to get his face smashed. Even Jones said that shit was target practice.

Heel

We have to pool our money and buy that domain from him.

Creation date: 13 Apr 2010 03:20:16
Expiration date: 13 Apr 2012 03:20:00

If this means what I think it means, I'll keep an eye on it.

no jet pack, there will be an underground passage from under the octagon. chael will disappear in a puff of smoke WWE style. then chael will video feed from his limo escaping to the airport on the stadium's big screen causing the Brazilians to rage and destroy the place. *ric flair* WOOOOOH!!!!

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

The distant sound of a helicopter's blades beginning to spin fills the arena as Bruce reads the results. As Chael is announced the winner, a military grade chopper touches down in the middle of the octagon. Chael straddles the chopper skid and is thrown a megaphone. He begins to cut a promo as angry Brazilian fans attempt to reach him, but are blown away by the gail force wind created in it's wake. "MY SHOES ARE WORTH MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE! WOOOOOOO!"

op_ivy

you still mad that he's lost 4 out of his last 5 fights?

pretty sure this is all just trolling but....

... i find it funny that mmaGAF blasts mma fans for the "you're only as good as your last fight mentality" then does that themselves.

industrian

pretty sure this is all just trolling but....

... i find it funny that mmaGAF blasts mma fans for the "you're only as good as your last fight mentality" then does that themselves.

The only thing about Machida I will say is that he went into the title fight with a 1-2 record in his last 3 fights. He was as deserving of that shot as much as anyone else in the division. But considering he was the only name available combined with the ease of marketing a former champ he was gifted a shot he simply didn't deserve.

op_ivy

The only thing about Machida I will say is that he went into the title fight with a 1-2 record in his last 3 fights. He was as deserving of that shot as much as anyone else in the division. But considering he was the only name available combined with the ease of marketing a former champ he was gifted a shot he simply didn't deserve.

i agree with all of that and would add this happens quite often in mma. still, the guy is a legit contender despite his recent record.

I never understood the Machida hate either. I am a huge Shogun fan too and always liked Machida. Machida is also a stylistic nightmare for Hendo and would look much like Machida/Randy IMO. I also think Hendo might just be the GOAT overall despite losses on his record. Based on who he fought and how well he did even in his losses Hendo is MMA's GOAT. He even put a bigger beating on Anderson in 1 round than Sonnen did in 4.5 rounds.

But yeah Hendo can duck whoever the fuck he wants now as he just wants a title shot because he will most likely never get one again and I say if he wins the title he should retire with it. Hes 41 and him winning the title from either Jones or Evans would be the perfect sendoff for a guy like Hendo....unless he wants to rematch Shogun or fight Machida.

yacobod

Banned
hendo/machida could also look a lot like the QRJ/machida fight. machida could be gunshy and stay elusive in fear of the h-bomb.

op_ivy

I never understood the Machida hate either. I am a huge Shogun fan too and always liked Machida. Machida is also a stylistic nightmare for Hendo and would look much like Machida/Randy IMO. I also think Hendo might just be the GOAT overall despite losses on his record. Based on who he fought and how well he did even in his losses Hendo is MMA's GOAT. He even put a bigger beating on Anderson in 1 round than Sonnen did in 4.5 rounds.

But yeah Hendo can duck whoever the fuck he wants now as he just wants a title shot because he will most likely never get one again and I say if he wins the title he should retire with it. Hes 41 and him winning the title from either Jones or Evans would be the perfect sendoff for a guy like Hendo....unless he wants to rematch Shogun or fight Machida.

henderson is awesome and easily one of the greatest of all time, but like you said, a bad matchup for a fighter like machida (and anderson, despite working him in round 1). like you said, i'd see that going a lot like the fight with randy - hendo wouldnt be able to get a hold of him to take him down or do much work against the fence and machida is to skilled in the standup and elusive to likely get caught by hendos bomb of a right. i dont think machida could finish him (ha!) but it should be a pretty easy decision - likely with lots of BS posts about how he "ran the whole time!"

Heel

I agree with you guys. I don't see Machida being the first guy to KO Hendo, or sub him (although his grappling game is really underrated at this point). The possibility of him winning a decision is very real.

I don't see this fight happening until Hendo gets a title shot.

henderson is awesome and easily one of the greatest of all time, but like you said, a bad matchup for a fighter like machida (and anderson, despite working him in round 1). like you said, i'd see that going a lot like the fight with randy - hendo wouldnt be able to get a hold of him to take him down or do much work against the fence and machida is to skilled in the standup and elusive to likely get caught by hendos bomb of a right. i dont think machida could finish him (ha!) but it should be a pretty easy decision - likely with lots of BS posts about how he "ran the whole time!"

I think Machida's learned from the Rampage fight and has been more aggressive in his fights with Randy and JBJ. Machida I can't see him getting hit with the H and would keep his distance and throw kicks. I see the fight kinda like Machida/Shogun 1 or Machida/Randy but Machida picking up the UD. It can even be argued that Machida might have been too aggressive in the JBJ fight and thats what cost him the title.

Machida is one of those guys that you can't really prepare for and is a tough fight/puzzle for everyone.

yacobod

Banned
It can even be argued that Machida might have been too aggressive in the JBJ fight and thats what cost him the title. Machida is one of those guys that you can't really prepare for and is a tough fight/puzzle for everyone.

LOL at the bolded. when you get busted up and left lifeless on the canvas, i'm not really sure how you can say he almost won the title. maybe machida won the first round where they were clearly feeling out each other, but he didn't do anything significant.

this is called grasping at straws.

LOL at the bolded. when you get busted up and left lifeless on the canvas, i'm not really sure how you can say he almost won the title. maybe machida won the first round where they were clearly feeling out each other, but he didn't do anything significant.

this is called grasping at straws.

Cost him the title in that he was getting a bit wreckless in the 2nd round if I remember correctly. He wasn't picking his shots as well as he did in the 1st.

AiTM

Banned
JBJ would have finished him in the first round, or anyone else, if he would stop the spider monkey walk shit, go in and grab them, and choke them out or elbow. He wants to play safe, and whenever he goes for it he always gets it. He should just go for it earlier.

Top Bottom