• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TheNatural

My Member!
Machida should just face Mousasi. Two guys with some crazy styles who's hype train went off the rails. Of course, trying to keep this dead weight Strikeforce company up is more important that making fights like that.

And yeah, Dan should wait to face Jones really. He's old as fuck and no idea when Father Time will really kick in on him. It may have about Round 4 of the Shogun fight, because even though he rocked the fuck out of him, Dan was completely gassed as hell and almost got stopped from just being too tired to defend.

Dysun

He got submitted. So what?

Everybody against Jones ends up looking like it's all over. But Shogun went that extra mile didn't he? He was tapping on the floor, to strikes when it was all said and done.

So what, they both lost? What's your point? Machidas ass whooping > Shoguns ass whooping by JBJ? What does that prove?

I know this proves more than anything
tumblr_laz62pytV71qbuyrk.jpg

I actually like Machida as a fighter too, but I dont see why you need to bash Shogun for tapping when they both ended up being Jon Jones highlights

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
At this point they need to give Machida someone he can easily beat. He's a good and generally pretty fun fighter but he needs another couple good wins.

Heel

At this point they need to give Machida someone he can easily beat. He's a good and generally pretty fun fighter but he needs another couple good wins.

I guess all top tier guys would be more exciting/devastating against inferior competition, but they're stuck fighting the best of the best. A lot of guys get tagged as mediocre/boring because of this. Rarely do we get a chance to see a guy fall completely from grace and get to crush a can.

Akiyama is a good example of a guy who would blow through someone on the bottom of the division if he gets another fight.

I guess all top tier guys would be more exciting/devastating against inferior competition, but they're stuck fighting the best of the best. A lot of guys get tagged as mediocre/boring because of this. Rarely do we get a chance to see a guy fall completely from grace and get to crush a can.

Akiyama is a good example of a guy who would blow through someone on the bottom of the division if he gets another fight.

Which I REALLY hope he is not cut. He might not win vs top contenders, but he is a solid fighter, good look and fun to watch. There is a reason why UFC sucks so much at building stars and why I find Franklin vs Cung Le a great fight...reminds me of Pride matchmaking. Not every fight needs to be about rankings. With the UFC putting on more cards than ever before there is no need to cut a guy like Akiyama or Cung Le.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Which I REALLY hope he is not cut. He might not win vs top contenders, but he is a solid fighter, good look and fun to watch. There is a reason why UFC sucks so much at building stars and why I find Franklin vs Cung Le a great fight...reminds me of Pride matchmaking. Not every fight needs to be about rankings. With the UFC putting on more cards than ever before there is no need to cut a guy like Akiyama or Cung Le.

Yeah, they still need to find that sweet spot when it comes to the entertainment part.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Glory World Series

Starts at 8:00 AM PT / 11:00 AM ET, $15 USD on GloryWorldSeries.com

Bellator 62

Pre televised fights start at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com
Televised fights start at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET on MTV 2, HD on Epix
Post televised fights start at 7 PM PT / 10 PM ET, free on Spike.com and Bellator.com

The Ultimate Fighter Live

Starts at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET on FX

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

BAMMA 9: Watson vs. Marshman

Starts at 8:50 PM PT / 11:50 PM ET on ??? (Note: Airing tape-delayed April 6th on HDNet)

Strength and Honor Championship 5: Llorent vs. Reljic

Starts at...I have no idea how to convert the time but wow look at all of those superfights, free on StrengthHonor.com

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Igor "My Last Name Is" Gracie vs. Manuelo "I Lost to Alcantara in 16 Seconds" Morales (Saturday, Duelo de Titas)

ShaneB

And that reason is a weak weight class.

You can say that for a lot of the weight classes.....

But I think it's a silly thing to say, just because the champ is in a class of their own, doesn't automatically discount the rest of the division from being solid enough to put on entertaining fights.

Get rid of the belts please.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Heel

Hopefully Prindle spends his money on a good English teacher.

But 11lbs overweight for a heavyweight fight? Santos has no excuses. I wonder what he would have weighed in at last week.

Yeah, no excuse for Santos. I'm just salty we're stuck with a Prindle vs. Konrad title fight. This blob's title reign will never end at this rate.

dream

Just talked to Apple. You can purchase a new iPad from outside of Apple and still go to an Apple retail store to exchange for a new unit if you have any defects (dead pixels, yellowing, etc.) under their one year hardware warranty.

The 14 day refund and color/storage exchange policy is only for purchases directly from Apple. That would have to be done through who your purchased it from and be subject to their restocking fees.

So, online tax free iPad purchase and no worries about being stuck with a dud unit. iPad here I come!

didn't i tell you all this last night.

Heel

didn't i tell you all this last night.

Just needed to confirm it with another genius, my genius friend dream. Calling my local Apple store with the same question didn't leave me very confident that it was a good idea.

My $50 saved will go towards starting my collection of non-pirated casual games. We gonna get our multiplayer on, brah? My Draw Something skills are something to behold.

dream

sien - yes, we will draw something.

parrot - just grab a cheap one from monoprice or something

Ninja Scooter - hi.

Ninja Scooter - hi.

So say there was this fighter, lets call him Drake Kiffin, and he was a real douchebag who whined and complained all the time and another fighter took a cheap shot at him in the middle of a match and put him in his place, that would be awesome. And that's all I have to say about that.

Also if Jon Jones was on TRT could he kill a guy? Preferably a former Pride fighter?

Ninja Scooter, don't go AWOL when NBA-GAF returns. This is your trolling safe haven!

Deal.

I'm afraid it won't be anywhere near the same when it comes back. The fact that it's still locked is crazy in itself. People will be walking on eggshells in there.

It can be fun here too. I like when a guy threatened to punch me in the face for trolling Fedor.

parrot - just grab a cheap one from monoprice or something
Cool, thanks, the monoprice reviews are good and it's only $7.

The ones on Amazon are like $2 but full of 1 star reviews saying they are fake and don't work. One apparently has a painted on green power light.

Heel

Forgot to list the Glory World Series event. Added it to the schedule a few posts up. Great card on the kickboxing side. Found a Russian stream but not sure if it's official or pirated.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The UFC is saving that fight for a future title bout or title eliminator, like when they built Cain and JDS separate. There is nothing that will stop the rampaging path of those two juggernauts.

Top Bottom