• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
y98Wu.gif

That's me celebrating the end of the terms and conditions of my avatar bet.

I'm also sad about our friend Chamber's soul-corroding salaryman job. It's changed him.

Chamber's downfall can be traced back to the Brittney playboy pictures reveal. The new job was just the nail in the coffin.

yacobod

Banned
Fedor trolling is so 2008. I don't think it's worthy of recognition. Fedor trolling hit critical mass in 2010 when he lost to Werdum.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The best part of the Brock thread is obviously the guy who thinks Mark Henry and Big Show can beat up Overeem.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The fighters on TUF 15 look too big to be LW's. They look much more like WW/MW. I don't see how they weigh 155.
Could just be perspective. Note that Dana White looks like the Shockmaster when you put him next to Urijah Faber.

yacobod

Banned
Shit, should go post the clip of Frank Mir saying random guys watching 135ers think they could beat them up just because they weigh 220

i'd put big money on a guy like mark henry beating up a guy like mighty mouse IRL. mighty mouse doesnt have the power to finish guys that weight 135#, what's he going to do with someone bigger.

i'd put big money on a guy like mark henry beating up a guy like mighty mouse IRL. mighty mouse doesnt have the power to finish guys that weight 135#, what's he going to do with someone bigger.

Mark Henry is 350 pounds? lol

But Mighty Mouse is fast and could circle around him and take out his legs haha

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mighty Mouse could Minowaman him.

Also, ewww we've been cut from Off Topic. and are now in this board's equivalent of the Midwest circuit.

Also also, god damn that Wrestlemania and Raw crowd was hype.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
2012 K-1 WGP Final to be held in New York!

WHERE AND WHEN:
Seven major, worldwide K-1 heavyweight (K-1 World GP) and K-1 middleweight (K-1 World MAX) events are planned for 2012, where the world's top warriors will battle in a survival series of explosive, three-round, single-elimination fights.

• May 27th - K-1 officially rises with a spectacular K-1 Tournament and Celebration at the Palacio Vista Aletre in Madrid, Spain, as we begin the search for the world's best fighters.
• June-October - Tournaments span the globe with events in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Early September - US Regional Tournament takes place in Los Angeles.
• Later October - The K-1 World GP Final16 takes place in Asia.
• November - The K-1 World MAX Final takes place in Asia, with a $300,000 Grand Prize (total prize money for MAX: $500,000).
• December - The K-1 World GP Final in New York City, with a ONE MILLION DOLLAR grand prize (total prize money for WGP: $1,500,000).

http://www.k-1.tv/en/images/top/20120329en.pdf

TheNatural

My Member!

WHERE AND WHEN:
Seven major, worldwide K-1 heavyweight (K-1 World GP) and K-1 middleweight (K-1 World MAX) events are planned for 2012, where the world's top warriors will battle in a survival series of explosive, three-round, single-elimination fights.

• May 27th - K-1 officially rises with a spectacular K-1 Tournament and Celebration at the Palacio Vista Aletre in Madrid, Spain, as we begin the search for the world's best fighters.
• June-October - Tournaments span the globe with events in the US, Europe and Asia.
• November - The K-1 World MAX Final takes place in Asia, with a $300,000 Grand Prize (total prize money for MAX: $500,000).
• December - The K-1 World GP Final in New York City, with a ONE MILLION DOLLAR grand prize (total prize money for WGP: $1,500,000).

So are the fighters actually going to get paid this money this time around or are all these numbers in K-1 currency?

K-1 to USD exchange rate

$1,500,000 K-1 = negative $50 USD

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

WHERE AND WHEN:

I should watch this live.

I think a prime Big Show, Undertaker and Kane can have their way with guys like Tim Sylvia in a real fight. Noway in a real fight can BJ Penn beat up Big Show. The size is just way too much for the Prodigy to overcome.

I still have so much Bad MMA to catch up on, besides real life stuff from being out of town for so long, but I will put everything on hold to watch another SUPA FIGHT LEEG!

I'm going to stay out of the Brock thread, but my impression of the Japanese wrestling I saw at the last NYE Dream was that it was more realistic and based on actual subs. Is this true or was it because I was in and out of reality? I remember waking up during the Sylvia fight and I don't actually remember how it ended.

I still have so much Bad MMA to catch up on, besides real life stuff from being out of town for so long, but I will put everything on hold to watch another SUPA FIGHT LEEG!

I'm going to stay out of the Brock thread, but my impression of the Japanese wrestling I saw at the last NYE Dream was that it was more realistic and based on actual subs. Is this true or was it because I was in and out of reality? I remember waking up during the Sylvia fight and I don't actually remember how it ended.

Pretty sure it ended with LeBonnar kicking the shit outta him.. latterly. He might have even shit himself again.

Yeah even the worked Japanese pro wrestling matches use the same moves as the shoots as far as what I've seen. It's definitely more believable. The Barnett match was great, the Sylvia one however was really bad.

Yeah i don't see anything ban worthy. Unless wressling-gaf really did get hurt at some of the remarks.

Edit: MMA-Nerd chat link please! I need to save it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Damnit, I know there's nothing to do for a couple more weeks until fights start get going again but some of you are like the dog bringing in the dead rotting animal (WWE) to the ClassyMMA thread. I won't have it.

I'll be damned if this thread turns into the bitch-fest like the wrestling thread. The only crying around here is going to be the bitter tears when Johnny TKO's Evans.

Top Bottom