• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TheNatural

My Member!
i think everyone knows where i stand on the issue. i would prefer for them to drop the charade of their "effective" testing, and just admit that everyone's doing it and move on.

steroid cycles, how do they work?

but since they do test, you have all the rubes out there who think their favorite fighters are clean.

PrideFC did it better.

Then again, if you're stupid enough to piss hot for whatever they test when it's so lax, you're stupid enough to lose your fight. Nevada allows 6:1 ratio, normal for a person is 1:1, and Overeem hit 10:1.

There's so many ways to get around this stuff, it's like cheating on a test with your book open when the test was given away beforehand.

yacobod

Banned
Then again, if you're stupid enough to piss hot for whatever they test when it's so lax, you're stupid enough to lose your fight. Nevada allows 6:1 ratio, normal for a person is 1:1, and Overeem hit 10:1.

Natural, the reason he got busted is because they conducted a random piss test. Why do you think it's uncommon that someone gets caught during their pre-fight drug screen that they've known months for in advance (and have likely planned their steroid cycle around)??

if they start testing guys at random, i bet guys getting caught goes way up.

There's so many ways to get around this stuff, it's like cheating on a test with your book open when the test was given away beforehand.
just for context, what was sonnen's T/E ratio?

Heel

Yeah, didn't they say this is the first time they dropped in with tests at a conference? Deep down, we all know this new "effective testing" is just getting in the way of what we really want to see.

yacobod

Banned
Reem nuthuggers, are any of you honestly surprised that he's using steroids?

If you answered "YES", you are posting in the wrong sports entertainment thread.

TheNatural

My Member!
Natural, the reason he got busted is because they conducted a random piss test. Why do you think it's uncommon that someone gets caught during their pre-fight drug screen that they've known months for in advance (and have likely planned their steroid cycle around)??

if they start testing guys at random, i bet guys getting caught goes way up.

None of the other 5 guys pissed hot. It's Overeem's fault.

I agree though, maybe with a random test, just cut the fuck out of his purse and make the guy test every week up until the fight on his dime if he wants to fight, and then if he pisses hot again, out of the fight and 6 month suspension.

TheNatural

My Member!

If you answered "YES", you are posting in the wrong sports entertainment thread.

Dude his piss was totally left in a container for a full 24 hours. The piss enzymes totally elevated his testosterone to ungodly levels.

Ryan_Braun_4.jpg

Use the Braun defense Reem! It holds up!

I didn't doubt for a second that he was drug free. The very thought that an upstanding individual such as Alistair would even entertain the thought of taking PEDs was silly to me.

yacobod

Banned
Out of all the guys that are currently on the card, Mark Hunt would be the most difficult fight for JDS. I don't think JDS is a type of fighter to shoot for take-downs so he wouldn't exploit Hunt's weakness. In a primarily stand up fight, Hunt could pull and upset. He's got power and an incredible chin.

Josh would get murdered by JDS. Strong strikers with good TDD are Josh's kryptonite.

yacobod

Banned
Use the Braun defense Reem! It holds up!

I've given up on baseball over the years, but Braun getting let off from his steroid suspension on a technicality is one of the worst sports stories in the last decade. It's especially sad when MLB has went out of it's way to vilify the guys who saved the sport in the 90s.

Well, well, well. Overeem exposed!

it has been obvious for years and I Cant believe some people actually thought he was clean.

welcome friend!

don't let these insular bastards scare you away.

Heel

We lead by example. Kobashi is right. Whoever thought he was clean is fooling themselves. It was basically a meme at this point.

NUpwR.jpg

Good genes and work ethic.

yacobod

Banned
Are we going to have to endure the "Brock would have won" defense force now?

absolutely. you know how revisionist history works in MMA discussion sien916. and let's not forget overeem skipping the country rather conveniently the day he was supposed to submit his urine sample before the Brock fight, and the fiasco that ensued.

but i guess you're right, none of that ever happened.

not that i really think that had an outcome on the fight

TheNatural

My Member!
Brian ‏ @FrontRowBrian

There was another UFC 146 tested fighter who stopped a cycle 10 days before the screening on 3/27. He ended up beating the test.

dream

Are you guys really nerd chatting right now? If so, gimme the irc server address so I can join you from the library because I'm bored.

We lead by example. Kobashi is right. Whoever thought he was clean is fooling themselves. It was basically a meme at this point.

NUpwR.jpg

Good genes and work ethic.

you just cant get that big naturally. I am not saying Overeem is the only one at at it. Plenty of fighters in the UFC are juicing no doubt.

I just didnt get the fans who bought this the whole "horse meat diet" lol

TheNatural

My Member!
Uh oh.

Uh oh.

Uh oh.

Yaco's out has arrived!

Mauro Ranallo ‏ @mauroranallo

Oops! I meant that Overeem's win over Lesnar may be ruled no contest. Terms of conditional license included passing two subsequent tests.

Oops! I meant that Overeem's win over Lesnar may be ruled no contest. Terms of conditional license included passing two subsequent tests.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What exactly are the rules for being a sanctioned fighter? Never being on PEDs or not testing positive on fight day? Everywhere just says the fight is in jeopardy, not explicitly cancelled.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hahahahaha that would've been a hilarious swerve if I didn't void the contract like a gentlemen.

Heel, you being Dusty finished in the MMA thread would be hilarious.

*Heels hand raised*

Fink: And the winner and .... STILLL *points to yaco* ...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm not surprised that Reem was roiding (of course), but I am surprised he got caught. Thought he had pretty much figured out how to beat the system before coming over. Though I suppose the whole test-escape thing showed he might not have had it all sorted out.

Zeliard

I'm not surprised that Reem was roiding (of course), but I am surprised he got caught. Thought he had pretty much figured out how to beat the system before coming over. Though I suppose the whole test-escape thing showed he might not have had it all sorted out.

Them surprise tests are gonna getcha.

TheNatural

My Member!
Victor Conte ‏ @VictorConte

If UFC's Overeem had a 5:1 T/E ratio, then he would have been negative under Nevada rules, but positive under California rules. BIG PROBLEM!

Funny shit. Nevada's rules are lax in the first place.

Heel

Victor Conte ‏ @VictorConte

If UFC's Overeem had a 5:1 T/E ratio, then he would have been negative under Nevada rules, but positive under California rules. BIG PROBLEM!

Funny shit. Nevada's rules are lax in the first place.

Hahahahaha Victor fucking Conte of BALCO fame is getting in on this? Perfect.

TheNatural

My Member!
“I am beyond pissed about this,” said UFC president Dana White on Wednesday in a conference call with Canadian media that had been scheduled for one week.

“I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin ... ”

“The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us,” said White, noting that Overeem has been in UFC’s offices meeting with White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, where he insisted he was clean and would pass all drug tests.

“How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,” he said.

“It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/b...ir+Overeem+fails+drug+test/6411965/story.html

LESNAR VINDICATED. I knew roid monkey Overeem was on some bullshit. He took the test 3 weeks later than he was supposed to before that fight. Now he gets popped again.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
“I am beyond pissed about this,” said UFC president Dana White on Wednesday in a conference call with Canadian media that had been scheduled for one week.

“I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin ... ”

“The worst part is that he sat in front of us and lied to us,” said White, noting that Overeem has been in UFC’s offices meeting with White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, where he insisted he was clean and would pass all drug tests.

“How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron,” he said.

“It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy have any common sense whatsoever.”

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/b...ir+Overeem+fails+drug+test/6411965/story.html

rGjwX.jpg

LESNAR VINDICATED. I knew roid monkey Overeem was on some bullshit. He took the test 3 weeks later than he was supposed to before that fight. Now he gets popped again.

go back to the wrasslin thread

Top Bottom