• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fav quotes

"I really don't appreciate this mother [expletive] sitting there at that press conference and laughing at me," Diaz said. "That's some real bitch [expletive]. He's sitting there laughing like it's funny or something. If I saw Georges on the street and called him a bitch, I bet you he wouldn't do [expletive]. I bet you if I walked up and gave him a slap, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do [expletive]. But you can't do that to me. That's not how it works for me. That's something to fight about.

"It's not like it's an easy fight for me," Diaz said. "I'm not like these bitches. I'm not going to hold B.J. Penn down the whole time like these guys have done. They held B.J. down because they're bigger than him and stronger than him. I'm not going to do that. I'm not a little bitch to try and hold somebody down. I'm going to go out there and fight this tricky mother [expletive], and it could mean a lot of problems for me. It would have been a lot of problems for them, too, if they had fought him like I fight. They would have lost that fight.

"I wasn't going to say anything in the buildup to fighting Georges," Diaz said. "I was going to be really respectful. Georges is a great fighter. But he's a little bitch when it comes to fighting me right now. Why is he just going along with everything? To say I don't have the commitment? I don't understand. He's the one that doesn't have the commitment.

Now everybody is putting the blame on me. I think that needs to come off, and I think that Georges St-Pierre is a little bitch for not saying anything about it. He's like, 'Yeah, switch it to Condit. That's easier. I'd love to fight my buddy. I'd love to fight my pal.'"

"The bottom line is Georges is being a little bitch," Diaz said. "He didn't step up and say anything when the UFC pulled me out of this fight. I understand sometimes you have to do what you're told, but why wouldn't you tell the media you still want to fight me? If I was Georges, I would want to fight the best. I would have asked for the Anderson Silva fight. I would have asked to fight the Strikeforce champ. But he sits there like a robot and doesn't say anything at all, just like he's not going to say anything about me calling him a bitch now. If I saw B.J. Penn walking down the street and called him a bitch, we would be fighting right there on the spot.

"The truth is Georges doesn't want to fight me in the street or in a cage. He knows who I am, and he knows where I came from. I don't have the commitment? I'm younger than him, I have more wins in my career than he does, and I've worked harder to get where I am. He knows the truth, and he didn't say anything and won't say anything because he doesn't want to get his ass whipped by me the same way he got his ass whipped by Jake – the night we went to the press conference and Georges went to the hospital."

AiTM

Banned
Chamber said:
Nick Diaz is 28 years old. I want to think he'll look back on this in 5 years and laugh at his own stupidity.

If he beats Penn he will get another chance. Not alot of other choices at 170 and people want to see it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
CaptYamato said:
He is so pissed that GSP actually said something. Haha I love it.
And GSP only said the same thing Nate and Cesar said which is that Nick fucked up. Hilarious to get pissed at Georges for not standing up for him. Why the hell would GSP or anyone else stand up for their dumbass co-worker they don't even know?

Norml

Diaz was wrong to not show,but is right that GSP could have at least said he still would still want to fight, but is up to UFC.

Chamber said:
Nick Diaz is 28 years old. I want to think he'll look back on this in 5 years and laugh at his own stupidity.
Lh72O.jpg

zatara

I love how he says that GSP going to the hospital for getting poked in the eye, is the result of an ass whooping from Shields.

zatara said:
I love how he says that GSP going to the hospital for getting poked in the eye, is the result of an ass whooping from Shields.

Did he say that? Oh man I must have missed it. Dream, Yaco, and thenatural are going to think that now.

sien916 said:
Amazon Forest Combat 1
Stream: CagePotato.com
Tonight, 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET

Royler Gracie vs. Masakatsu Ueda
Satoshi Ishii vs. Paulo Filho
Josh Burkman vs. Leandro Silva
Antonio Braga Neto vs. Maiquel Falcao
Jordan Smith vs. Karo Parisyan
Ronys Torres vs. Drew Fickett
Alexandre "Capitao" vs. Shanon Slack
Sergio Junior vs. Daniel Acacio
Dileno Lopes vs. Danny Martinez
George Clay vs. Anthony Birchak
So this isn't happening now?

I've never been more hyped for a fight then on this Saturday's fight with Shields against my boy Jake Ellenberger. I've known Jake a long time, and I have no doubt once he wins this fight, his next will be for the championship.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wow Diaz is the total douchebag package.

Pussy out of interviews cause of social anxiety and call someone else a bitch? Okay buddy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ShabbadooJr said:
I've never been more hyped for a fight then on this Saturday's fight with Shields against my boy Jake Ellenberger. I've known Jake a long time, and I have no doubt once he wins this fight, his next will be for the championship.
lol. he's not going from a fight night to fighting GSP. 2 more wins at least.

Heel

Good news everyone!

Streaming-conference for WGP FINAL 16!

K-1 is going to have a streaming-conference on September 15th at 7pm Japan time.

K-1 is going to make a detailed announcement for the upcoming "K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL16" in the streaming program. Who will be participating in this year's WGP? Which venue is going to be used for the WGP? You can watch the program on K-1's official website. Please don't miss the time which you have waited for a long time!?

I assume Overeem is out of the picture, but they can still put on one hell of a GP this year.

Heel

yacobod said:
what good is K1 striking, when you get outstruck by a bjj guy?

Maybe you should ask Rashad Evans. People drooled over his standup against Ortiz...meanwhile, he's getting knocked out cold in sparring by Tyrone Sp*ng.

Heel

bone_and_sinew said:
Is Peter Aerts coming back or he's retired for good? Only he can save use from another Semmy win.

Not sure...replace Aerts and Overeem with Hari and Gerges and you have one hell of a Final 8 though. Hopefully all the big names return this year.

Prince

ph01b.jpg

K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL16 on October 29th in Nanjing, China.
In cooperation with It's Showtime

Badr Hari
Tyrone S.p.o.n.g.
Daniel Ghita
Rico Verhoeven
Anderson "Braddock"Silva
Hesdey Gerges
Melvin Manhoef
Dzevad Poturak
Sergey Lachenko
Artur Kyshenko
Ruslan Karaev

In talks with Peter Aerts, Jerome Le Banner and Bas Boon from Golden Glory.

And no Overeem of course.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Prince said:
ph01b.jpg

K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL16 on October 29th in Nanjing, China.
In cooperation with It's Showtime

Badr Hari
Tyrone S.p.o.n.g.
Daniel Ghita
Rico Verhoeven
Anderson "Braddock"Silva
Hesdey Gerges
Melvin Manhoef
Dzevad Poturak
Sergey Lachenko
Artur Kyshenko
Ruslan Karaev

In talks with Peter Aerts, Jerome Le Banner and Bas Boon from Golden Glory.

And no Overeem of course.
No Semmi Schilt? WAR BADR!

Prince

Fersis said:
No Semmi Schilt? WAR BADR!

Well they are in negotiations with Bas Boon from Golden Glory so there still a chance Sem Schilt, Gokhan Saki or Erol Zimmerman could join the lineup.

It appears the following 14 are certain, if they are all part of the tournament then only 2 places remain.

< Message from Simon Rutz >
Dear,

Hereby I declare that I will have the following fighters available for the "K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL 16" on October 29.

Badr Hari, Tyrone *****, Daniel Ghita, Hesdy Gerges, Ruslan Karaev, Melvin Manhoef, Ben Edwards, Sergii Lashchenko, Rico Verhoeven, Anderson ‘Braddock’ Silva, Paul Slowinski, Dzevad Poturak, Mourad Bouzidi, Rustemi Kreshnik.

All of those fighters are already preparing and ready to fight on October 29. I would also like to emphasize that my company fully supports the plans to get K-1 back to the top. Considering the fact that my company has most of the leading fighters under contract, and that they are all available to FEG, I look forward to a relaunch of FEG with great confidence.

I send you my regards,

Simon Rutz European Fighting Network (IT’S SHOWTIME)

http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2011/0915_wgp_02.html

Triple H on WWE vs. UFC:
Moviefone: How do you think WWE and pro wrestling needs to evolve as UFC and MMA grows in popularity?

Triple H: I don't think we have to evolve. It's two totally different things. I think now especially there's this thing like, "oh it's very similar."

I don't see us needing to evolve to what UFC does because quite frankly sometimes the fights are long and boring, guys lying around and sometimes the fights are fast and over in five seconds. I've always thought one of the things about us, if you look at us solely from a sports standpoint, is that we always give you a good show. We're never going to give you a crap game.

I think if anybody needs to evolve, it's them. Give more of an entertainment standpoint. Give more form; they just have fighters who walk in in T-shirts and shorts and just stand there and then they fight and then they win and then they go "thanks, I'd like to thank my sponsors" and then they leave. The whole world was up in arms when Brock was flipping people off and was cussing at the beer company because they didn't give him any money and everyone thought, "oh my god, he's disrespectful," -- the whole world was talking about it. They couldn't wait to see him get beat up. And then he did well, and he beat some guys and then people jump on his bandwagon going "Brock's the greatest." I'm good friends with Floyd Mayweather and Floyd would be the first to tell ya, "I make the most money in boxing and I have the biggest buyers because I have the biggest mouth." He'd be the first guy to tell you that. That's what it's about. Sports is entertainment.

Heel

K-1 Announces 11 of the 16 Competitors for Final 16 in Nanjing
K-1's Advance to China and Their Curious Relationship with It's Showtime

The competitors that K-1 has announced for the event so far are Badr Hari, Hesdy Gerges, Tyrone Sp*ng, Ruslan Karaev, Daniel Ghita, Ben Edwards, Melvin Manhoef, Dzevad Poturak, Sergii Lashchenko, Rico Verhoeven, and Anderson “Braddock” Silva.
K-1 also mentioned they have been in talks with Jerome LeBanner, Peter Aerts and Bas Boon (represents Semmy Schilt, Gokhan Saki, Errol Zimmerman, etc.). Unfortunately, defending champion Alistar Overeem will be unable to compete due to his UFC contract.

It looks like only 11 of the 14 It's Showtime names were invited to the tournament. Plenty of room for the usual suspects to join in. I'd expect at least one Japanese fighter too, unless the new K-1 has completely given up on Japan.

dream

I agree with The King of Kings. F fighters who wear tshirts and shorts and thank their sponsors instead of taking the valuable post-fight opportunity to promote their next fight and get the audience behind them.

Lorenzo really needs to implement a dress code for press conferences. F world champs that dress like high school gym teachers.

dream

That's the one thing I respect St. Pierre for. Unlike BJ, St. Pierre understands the importance of maintaining a professional image.

I got you and Yaco to say something nice about GSP during these last two weeks. It's working...

And HHH should have just said that fighters need to learn how to play the game.

Heel

The thing about dressing professionally at conferences...some guys are locked into sponsorship deals where they have to wear their shitty clothing all the time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Put in me the camp of HHH ,dream,Personalities and Sports Entertainment.

Top Bottom