• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Heel

RUMOR: Gokhan Saki and Others Possibly Also Leaving Golden Glory

Received independent confirmation from a source close to both Saki and Golden Glory that Saki is indeed out of Golden Glory. Glory has not finalized talks with K-1 yet and is apparently not working well with It's Showtime, so look carefully and put two and two together for other possible departures.

It's worth noting that Ruslan Karaev was thought to be a part of Golden Glory, but he was announced as one of the It's Showtime fighters in the Final 16. Also, Hesdy Gerges announced he's fighting Errol Zimmerman in the Final 16. Errol is another Golden Glory fighter...or was, I guess?

It's Showtime is saying they have "really breaking news" to announce during their card on Friday too. Who knows where that's going...

This is the kickboxing equivalent of Jackson's MMA breaking apart. Shit just got real.

2m3mz2d.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Reem and Saki out of Golden Glory? Damn.
Who are the other GG heavy hitters? Marloes Coenen,Schilt and Kharitonov?

LiverKick.com said:
The rumor doesn't stop with Gokhan Saki, though.
There has been rumblings that Bas Boon's sick leave over the summer caused some massive internal problems at Golden Glory. Problems with Strikeforce and other big business deals that fell through had caused some friction between fighters, trainers and management with talks of some big names within the camp possibly leaving to pursue other options.

Heel

Fersis said:
Reem and Saki out of Golden Glory? Damn.
Who are the other GG heavy hitters? Marloes Coenen,Schilt and Kharitonov?

Their big 4 in the kickboxing world were Schilt, Overeem, Saki and Zimmerman. All of these guys have made top 8 in the last few years. Schilt and Overeem are the last two HWGP champions.

If the rumors are to be believed, Zimmerman is gone too (he's in the Final 16 and on the It's Showtime card in January). Nothing has come out about Schilt yet. If he's gone they've basically dissolved as a major player in the kickboxing world.

As far as MMA goes...Coenen, Kharitonov, Einemo and Bahadurzada are their biggest names. The real impact is in the kickboxing world.

parasight

Wow, watching Countdown and Rampage's gym setup is insane. I guess that rumor about how he spent a fortune on this camp wasn't too far off. He seems like his head is in the right place for once. Would be a shame if he lost because he really seems to be putting in the work, so his loss would really be because he's in decline and he's up against a freak of nature. Kudos to Rampage. I gave him a lot of shit for his whole Hollywood Rampage persona before, but he really seems to care about that belt now.

So yeah I'm pretty sure young LA Latinos love Cain kind of like how Canadians love GSP, having been to UFC 104, the weigh ins for 121 and now that presser today.. It's kind of bizarre because he really doesn't have much personality and doesn't play up his Latino heritage like many Latino boxers do.

It's enough for me to think that MMA really does have a chance of catching on with the younger generation of latinos like boxing has with older generations.

thirty

Banned
polyh3dron said:
So yeah I'm pretty sure young LA Latinos love Cain kind of like how Canadians love GSP, having been to UFC 104, the weigh ins for 121 and now that presser today.. It's kind of bizarre because he really doesn't have much personality and doesn't play up his Latino heritage like many Latino boxers do.
are u forgetting dude's brown pride tatt?
cainbrownpride.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
Unless Rampage lands a "lucky" punch, I don't see him being much work for Bones. Rampage seems too one dimensional these days, too slow, and the power doesn't even seem to be all there like it was before.

Ravenn17 said:
How much can one expect to pay if they want to go to a UFC event an hour away and get decent seats?
which UFC event are you thinking of attending? Tickets for Cain vs. JDS go on sale tomorrow at 10 am for fight club members and the most expensive ticket is $350. Most Vegas events will run you 400-500 for a good seat though.

Ravenn17

polyh3dron said:
which UFC event are you thinking of attending? Tickets for Cain vs. JDS go on sale tomorrow at 10 am for fight club members and the most expensive ticket is $350. Most Vegas events will run you 400-500 for a good seat though.

The San Jose event now that they added Shogun vs Henderson.

yacobod

Banned
dream said:
Training in the Siberian snow and lifting logs and shit doesn't work in real life. Just ask Freddy Lenko.

so are you saying QRJ isn't going to knockout that peanut headed bones jones? or are you predicting rampage slam?

ScOULaris

The Countdown show and the Kimmel interview finally pushed me over the edge with Jones' cockiness. He used to come off as so respectful and confidently humble in his fights, but this Champion Edition Jones is way too smug for my liking.

Rampage, you've got my backing. Get your belt back.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jon Jones (-600) vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (+400)

Matt Hughes (+300) vs. Josh Koscheck (-450)

Travis Browne (-350) vs. Rob Broughton (+265)

Nate Diaz (-250) vs. Takanori Gomi (+190)

Ben Rothwell (-300) vs. Mark Hunt (+240)

most lopsided main/co-main odds ever?

Heel

UFC Not to Blame for Overeem Split, say Golden Glory

“That was the so-called end of G.G relationship with the UFC [yet] not long after this, Golden Glory made a mega-deal with Alistair Overeem signing with the UFC. John Olaf Einemo is now back with the UFC and Siyar Bahadurzada just got offered a UFC contract.”

“There is also some really good news coming soon about the situation in Japan and I really want to let everybody know the details - but I have signed multiple NDA agreements and I have to wait.”

Bas Boon in full damage control mode. Good news with Siyar though...exciting fighter.

Please for the love of God Rampage, KO this fucking phoney and derail this hype machine. I can't wait to see the meltdown on Sherdog when everyone that was on Jones sack will be now on Pages. MMA fans are the worst. There is never any loyalty I find. Just front running fans that jump from one ball sack to the next.

Top Bottom