• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Master Thespian said:
I thought the same thing at first until he kicked the shit outta that kid.

It looked like he was going to pull the blanket on him too but he turned on the win button once he got hit in the face.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
How long ago were these fights recorded? The Japanese guy fought in Bellator last month so I'm assuming he didn't make the cut.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lulz, they're just skipping over the wrestlfucking fights. excellent.

Hair dye does not equal personality.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yup. Anyone going on TUF with over 15 fights on their record is always a can.

Micah Miller might win his fight here but he'll be exposed soon enough.

Mother of fuck. This TUF season is going to be epic.

Too bad Sonnen couldn't make it on though, it would have been TUF of the forever confirmed.

yacobod

Banned
i can't be bothered to watch the trash on TUF, but at least they have smartened up and quit delaying title fights with champions and contenders coaching the show. If they want to keep the coaches to fringe contenders and personalities i'm fine by that.

SteveWD40

yacobod said:
i can't be bothered to watch the trash on TUF, but at least they have smartened up and quit delaying title fights with champions and contenders coaching the show. If they want to keep the coaches to fringe contenders and personalities i'm fine by that.

Indeed, TUF is shit but at least now it's shit that isn't affecting top level fighters. One thing I did note: Bisping is fucking huge compared to Miller. Mayhem has been fighting 170 pounders and Mike was a competent LHW...

I really, really see Bisping winning a stand-up only UD here, I can't see Miller having the strength to take him down and hold him down then work a sub.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
TUF live will take the delay out of the process so we'll still have champs coaching the show. I think that's going to be an annoyance for coaches though.

yacobod

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
Indeed, TUF is shit but at least now it's shit that isn't affecting top level fighters. One thing I did note: Bisping is fucking huge compared to Miller. Mayhem has been fighting 170 pounders and Mike was a competent LHW...

I really, really see Bisping winning a stand-up only UD here, I can't see Miller having the strength to take him down and hold him down then work a sub.

Ya bisping is going to tool mayhem, he's got pretty good tdd, and is competent standing. I don't really see how mayhem can win.

thirty

Banned
i gotta give it up to the ufc, their production has stepped up big time. i loved the new 135 commercial and the new tuf just had a great new look and feel to it. fox is really going to get the ufc to go primetime.

thirty said:
i gotta give it up to the ufc, their production has stepped up big time. i loved the new 135 commercial and the new tuf just had a great new look and feel to it. fox is really going to get the ufc to go primetime.
This. I look forward to this production value jump making it's way to the main broadcasts.

thirty said:
I found it interesting that they started using the same high speed cameras that Strikeforce has always used to get that ultra stylized slow motion footage.

Also, seeing Mandalay Bay all set up for a big UFC show but completely empty was pretty cool too.

Top Bottom