• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Minowaman has to be in the personality section of this thread, huge oversight imo. Baroni is in there and Minowaman beat him.

Heel

I know right? If judges ever wanted to see how a round is won from your back, Imanari just gave a textbook example.

"More subs than a Quiznos" - Schiavello

Heel

Yeah, Imanari vs. Marques semifinal would be great. Not sure what the bracket looks like though.

Tokoro and Fernandes have already beaten Imanari, so it would make sense.

Heel

About to crash...can barely keep my eyes open.

10/10 card so far though. Can't wait to catch the rest tomorrow! Hopefully I wake up to a Sakuraba win. :)

tass0

Banned
12:15 PM here, finally an MMA event that airs at a good time for me.

Nakamura vs. Harris coming up, I see a easy victory for Harris.

bone_and_sinew

Sad how Gerald Harris went from one of the most exciting up-and-coming prospects in the UFC to the Antonio McKee of 185 minus the win streak.

bone_and_sinew

Worst yellow card ever and crap decision. All Kitaoka did in rounds 2 and 3 was whiff punches like Leonard Garcia while gassed.

bone_and_sinew

Uno needs to join Saku too. Brutal head kick KO by Lion. His annoying feints worked lol.

Here comes a potential FOTY, Crusher vs Hansen!

yacobod

Banned
idk watching saku at this point is depressing. he might be the first in ring/cage death in mma. i don't even know how hes cleared to fight.

That Iminari vs Abel Cullum fight was one of the dumbest fights in MMA I've ever seen. If it wasn't a worked fight Abel Cullum should consider a new profession. That was the worst display of stand up, ground, and general strategy / ring IQ I've witnessed in a long time.

Fifty

Jake. said:
i have forgotten about the last three dream cards in a row now. fuck.

You'll live. Dream is pretty much a joke now, despite what the online MMA community is desperate to believe.

yacobod

Banned
ya i think it went 8 seconds past the end of the round, either way razor rob was getting taken down at will and gnp. a sub was inevitable.

That was a nice change of pace - an Aoki fight where the foreigner didn't get yellow carded.

Also, poor Saku. He really really needs to hang it up before he's seriously hurt.

EDIT: Just noticed the time controversy discussion and watched the video on Youtube. If HDNETs time was at all syncing with the official time Rob tapped 5 seconds after the round should've ended.

EDIT 2: Since I'm bored I'm gonna let the video run in the background and time this myself.

EDIT 3: Yep the bell should've rung 5 seconds before Rob tapped. Bullshit.

Here's a pic. I paused the video right as the opening bell rung and then hit play right as the clock hit 9:50:00. I took a screenshot right as Rob was tapping.

lGcrt.jpg

ShaneB

Galvao vs Beebe was an incredible fight. What a slugfest.

edit: My opinion may be skewed from watching awful heavyweights gas.

edit: Bellator result spoilers
Joe Warren was killed in the ring.. what a KO. daaaamn

yacobod

Banned
that knockout in gif form was lovely, i would have liked to see the look on warren's face afterwards. preferably after his soul has left his body.

Good LAWD dat Joe Warren KO. Its about time someone shut that guy up. War Vila.

Kawajiri looked good at FW against Hansen and Aoki did what we all knew he would.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
yacobod said:
when did pettis suddenly become a stud wrestler? diaz beats all the wec lightweights besides bendo, who would probably wrassle diaz to a decision.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong about everything?

yacobod

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
Do you ever get tired of being wrong about everything?

i picked diaz and hunt to win last night. i'm pretty sure i called guida over pettis too.

nobody picks all the fights correctly, if they did they wouldn't be posting on here.

but i'm not exactly sure why pettis would be an overwhelming favorite over diaz. nate fought lay praynard to a close decision at 155, i believe it was a split decision. he holds a victory over lay praynard on the ultimate fight show. he lost a close contest to guida. nobody really is going to run through him at 155. nate is too small at 170, the wrestlers would obviously have his way with him there. but at 155 he's a dangerous opponent for anyone. if you disagree you are just a hater. he also holds a victory over everyone's favorite title contender melvin guillard.

And while gomi may be a can, nate dispatched the easiest in the ufc, it took florian a full 3 rounds, and guida 2.

U don't like the 209, no biggy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Only one person can beat Bone Jones... yes you know who im talking about

stephan-bonnar-ufc-116.png

Top Bottom