• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TrAcEr_x90 said:
holy shit!! that was badass!!

Where has franklin been?
He was supposed to fight Lil Nog in August but LN backed out due to injury and they couldn't find a replacement in time so Franklin was scratched.

Chamber said:
BTW, did we ever decide on a separate thread for Cruz/Mighty Mouse this weekend?
Sounds good. Do it up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ShaneB said:
How would that suck? It'll be so much better. One fight ends, they zip over to the other event to have the next fight start. Nice and consistent.
Because I don't trust Uncle Dana not to charge me extra for that.

Heel

Maklershed said:
He was supposed to fight Lil Nog in August but LN backed out due to injury and they couldn't find a replacement in time so Franklin was scratched.

He was rumored to be fighting Tito on the FOX card after that, too. Tore something in his shoulder and needed surgery...out until 2012.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Report: Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski IV planned for Nov. 5 in Moline, IL

2v7wio3.jpg

ShaneB said:
How would that suck? It'll be so much better. One fight ends, they zip over to the other event to have the next fight start. Nice and consistent.
same thing they did on the Mayweather vs. Ortiz card.

Heel

@ArielHelwani - Sorry to ruin your day (or perhaps make it better) but ProElite's T.Jay Thompson (@tjmma) says Arlovski-Sylvia isn't happening in November.

Maybe they meant December? There's still hope guys!

That is one of the few fights that I literally fell asleep during. I had been excited about it too, since the first two fights ended in finishes.

That was also the UFC where Tito tko'd Shamrock fast and everyone was pissed at Herb so they had to fight a 3rd time.

And I may be mixing up the shitty Timmay fights but was this the one where afterward he complained that as hw champ he should be the only main event and not be co-main, even though no one ever bought a ppv to watch him.

thefro

parrotbeak said:
That is one of the few fights that I literally fell asleep during. I had been excited about it too, since the first two fights ended in finishes.

That was also the UFC where Tito tko'd Shamrock fast and everyone was pissed at Herb so they had to fight a 3rd time.

And I may be mixing up the shitty Timmay fights but was this the one where afterward he complained that as hw champ he should be the only main event and not be co-main, even though no one ever bought a ppv to watch him.

Timmay v.s. Jeff Monson which was a just awful fight (Monson trying to take down Sylvia over and over again and failing) and was the co-main under GSP v.s. Hughes II.

Heel

@ClinchGear - Dave Herman tells Clinch Gear Radio he is off 136 due to a failed drug test for marijuana. Dave denies the charge. Said there was confusion in handling of first urine sample, had to send in another sample. Herman went on to say he doesnt smoke marijuana, so wonders what happened.

Full interview here.

fk6Xd.jpg

yacobod

Banned
They need to change the format of TUF, i think they need to ditch the reality show format with a bunch of meat heads living in the same house.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I could do without the house shenanigans but watching how these guys train is always the most interesting part of the show for me.

Heel

yacobod said:
They need to change the format of TUF, i think they need to ditch the reality show format with a bunch of meat heads living in the same house.

Yeah. I think they should go more in depth with training and the fight game plans. Something like this is infinitely more interesting than watching dudes pee on pillows. Let's see what it's really like to be a fighter.

dem

Had a wedding this weekend... and just getting around to watching the last ufc

- Nate had one hell of a performance against Gomi. Fucking perfect.

- Hughes was doing really well against Kos. That said.. good time to hang em up for Hughes. I'll miss the guy. Complete dick.. but fuck was he the man in the cage.

- I don't understand how Rampage is getting credit for this fight. I know its Jon Jones.. but he didn't bring it at all.

sien916 said:
@ClinchGear - Dave Herman tells Clinch Gear Radio he is off 136 due to a failed drug test for marijuana. Dave denies the charge. Said there was confusion in handling of first urine sample, had to send in another sample. Herman went on to say he doesnt smoke marijuana, so wonders what happened.

Full interview here.

fk6Xd.jpg
Haha he belongs in this gif:

th_laugh-thunderbirds6.gif

Heel

Just watched TUF. I can already tell Dustin Pague is going to be quite the personality this season.

"I beg to differ!"
"What's the ruckus?"

Sucks to see one of my favorites from the premier done already. Smart move by Mayhem to send the proven veteran in early against a kid who had a lot of room to improve the longer he stays in the house. Not that his wrestling would've come along that much under Bisping, haha. That kid's got cinder block hands though...swelling a guys eyes when he has your back is ridiculous. I'd like to see him fight at the finale if he's taking his grappling seriously in the meantime.

Still rolling with Dodson and Dillashaw on the bantamweight side!

sien916 said:
Just watched TUF. I can already tell Dustin Pague is going to be quite the personality this season.

"I beg to differ!"
"What's the ruckus?"

Sucks to see one of my favorites from the premier done already. Smart move by Mayhem to send the proven veteran in early against a kid who had a lot of room to improve the longer he stays in the house. Not that his wrestling would've come along that much under Bisping, haha. That kid's got cinder block hands though...swelling a guys eyes when he has your back is ridiculous. I'd like to see him fight at the finale if he's taking his grappling seriously in the meantime.

Still rolling with Dodson and Dillashaw on the bantamweight side!
dillashaw gets brutally KO'd before the end of the season, calling it nao.

Heel

polyh3dron said:
dillashaw gets brutally KO'd before the end of the season, calling it nao.

If anything Bisping could teach him to box and circle away from power.....................oh wait. He's fucked.

yacobod

Banned
Yahoo released new p4p rankings

9. Lay praynard
9. Gilbert
8. Fitch
7. Cain
6. Cruz
5. Edgar
4. Aldo
3. Jbj
2. Georges