• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

dream

I just have a feeling Frank's gonna come out and put him away quickly because he's probably sick of fighting Grey by now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Edgar doesn't have the power to put Gray away quickly. I think he will win, convincingly, but Gray isn't going down easy.

TheNatural

My Member!
MrOogieBoogie said:
Have you guys seen this amazing interview with Dana White?

http://dwizzlesworld.blogspot.com/2011/10/dana-white-talks-to-ariel-helwani-after.html

Goes off on Bob Arum. I don't always agree with Dana, but I fucking love this.

Good shit, he speaks the truth. As a long time boxing fans I feel the same way he does. I hope Pacman just packs it up and goes on to his political career after a couple of W's and Mayweather retires and that's all she wrote for scumbags like Arum. The guys he talk about fighting for $600 put on better cards than Bob Arum does any day of the week.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I forgot how much of a humorless dick Briann Stann is. Why can't one of the Armed Forces guys like Stann and Kennedy be the affable patriot like Hacksaw Jim Duggan instead of a humorless dick.

bone_and_sinew said:
I forgot how much of a humorless dick Briann Stann is. Why can't one of the Armed Forces guys like Stann and Kennedy be the affable patriot like Hacksaw Jim Duggan instead of a humorless dick.

Stann was a officer in the Marines. Which means he is a dick head with no personality.

y2dvd

Forgot I'm attending this event lol. It will be the first time im going to an mma event. Totally hype since Frankie vs Maynard 2 was already foty!

dream said:
I just have a feeling Frank's gonna come out and put him away quickly because he's probably sick of fighting Grey by now.
If he comes in like he did in the second round of the last fight I think GM is going to get his ass kicked.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've started Muay Thai and had my first lesson tonight. Awesome stuff. I've not done any cardio-intensive workouts in a long time though, really feeling it.

parasight said:
UFC 136 Promo

Haha, I dig it. Very different from the typical "OH YEAH HERE'S SOME MOTHERFUCKING HIGHLIGHTS WITH SOME INTENSE MUSIC!" Cool cameos too.

It's nice to see them doing something different. They could easily have had the INTENSE VOICEOVER explaining that this is THE BIGGEST GRUDGE MATCH OF ALL TIME. As a fan and as a marketer myself, I really like it.

industrian said:
I've started Muay Thai and had my first lesson tonight. Awesome stuff. I've not done any cardio-intensive workouts in a long time though, really feeling it.

In Thailand? I don't remember where you live but I am sure it is an asian country. lol

industrian

CaptYamato said:
In Thailand? I don't remember where you live but I am sure it is an asian country. lol

Taiwan. :)

I plan to train 6+ hours a week, and if I get to a decent enough level and lose a lot of body fat (my cardio is my key flaw, I'm like Bobby Lashley on a treadmill) then I may fly over to Thailand to train full time for Chinese New Year vacation (1 week.) I don't want to go there just to fuck around.

industrian said:
Taiwan. :)

I plan to train 6+ hours a week, and if I get to a decent enough level (to be honest, my cardio is my key flaw, I'm like Bobby Lashley on a treadmill) then I may fly over to Thailand to train full time for Chinese New Year vacation (1 week.)

Ah! You mentioned wanting to train in Thailand before, that is why I got confused. How much does it cost to train in Taiwan?

industrian

CaptYamato said:
Ah! You mentioned wanting to train in Thailand before, that is why I got confused. How much does it cost to train in Taiwan?

At my gym it's NT$2000 (US$65) per month for unlimited MT training.

industrian

CaptYamato said:
That's cheap. Most places in the States are over $100 a month.

Welcome to
non-Japanese
East Asia. Everything's cheap over here.

The gym I go to is primarily a BJJ academy. Andy Wang used to be one of the teachers. Once I get my cardio in check I may start doing both BJJ and MT, but I'll stick to one of them for the time being.

yacobod

Banned
CaptYamato said:
I'll bet money that Praynerd tries to LnP his way to a win.
Try he may, but he's going to get outwrestled edgar.

For a successful lnp title sparring match we have to wait for the 27th october.

Anyone in here live in London, ON? I'm gonna be up there this weekend and am trying to figure out where to go to watch 136, preferably a place with WiFi.. gonna bring the Touchpad with me to watch the Facebook prelims.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC%2BWeb%2BBannerG.jpg

http://www.unfitforchildren.org/

dem

Dana White
@FabricioWerdum @gilbertmelendez :)

I'll assume that means Werdum and Melendez are in the UFC

yacobod

Banned
dem said:
Dana White
@FabricioWerdum @gilbertmelendez :)

I'll assume that means Werdum and Melendez are in the UFC
Can't wait to see gil vs the best lightweights in the world. Don't care about werdum.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So Melvin says he won't fight Guida unless it's a title fight so the LW contender situation is a little more murky. I suspect Gil will receive an immediate title shot but if Guida beats Bendo, I'm not sure how the situation between Melvin and Clay will resolve itself.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I know Dustin Jacoby who is replacing Credeur against Tavares on the GSP/Condit card. He's from another small town about 10 miles away from here.

He has fought most of his fights for my buddys promotion(the one I judge for). So I've seen most of his amateur fights and his first several pro fights. His last couple fights have been for slightly bigger promotions against better competition and he still destroyed both guys.

He is big for 185 at 6'4. He was a running QB at a NCAA Div II school so he is a pretty decent athlete and he hits hard. I don't know if he has what it takes to out-bang Tavares but it will be fun seeing him try.

ShaneB

parasight said:
UFC 136 Promo

Haha, I dig it. Very different from the typical "OH YEAH HERE'S SOME MOTHERFUCKING HIGHLIGHTS WITH SOME INTENSE MUSIC!" Cool cameos too.

Oh man, I loved this, and definitely agree. Very cool to have a promo with a totally different tone than every other ufc promo.

Also I'm 6'4 and 185lbs, and skinny as fuck, I'd get crushed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
UFC Targeting Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans for UFC 140 Main Event

HOUSTON -- Get ready for the grudge match.

The UFC is targeting December's UFC 140 for the long-awaited Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans light-heavyweight title bout, MMA Fighting has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

The fight is not yet official, but appears likely to be announced within the next 24-48 hours. UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting that he could not yet announce a UFC 140 main event, but might possibly be able to do so by the end of the day.

Top Bottom