• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Boogie

polyh3dron said:
Anyone in here live in London, ON? I'm gonna be up there this weekend and am trying to figure out where to go to watch 136, preferably a place with WiFi.. gonna bring the Touchpad with me to watch the Facebook prelims.

Every single bar downtown? Jack Astor's on Richmond?

Boogie said:
Every single bar downtown? Jack Astor's on Richmond?
Yeah I was thinking of Richmond, just wondering if anyone knew what the best place to go would be... and you know, some places charge cover and others don't, some are good about putting on the Spike (or I guess it's Sportsnet up there) prelims and all that.

sien916 said:
Hate to rain on the parade, but Dana said it's not happening on Twitter. By now we should all realize a UFC title defense within 3 months is crazy talk.
so the site the UFC chose to exclusively break the news of both the WEC merger and Strikeforce buyout is now a HACK SHIT WEBSITE?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PIdJ4.jpg

Chamber said:
So according to Uncle Dana, a win over Shogun gets Hendo a MW title fight. How does that make sense?
Hendo wants to fight Anderson again, he's beaten Fedor and the UFC feels they can market him as a contender better than they can anyone in the current 185 division. If Chael wins this he'll probably need to win another fight before he gets his rematch. Also, Hendo would have to wait in line for a while to get a 205lb title shot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only way Silva/Hendo 2 is intriguing is if it's at 205. Not interested in seeing Hendo gas out at 185.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres is dropping to 135 pounds to take on Cole Escovedo at the UFC on Fox event in Anaheim. UFC president Dana White announced today that verbal agreements are in for the bout. "Both bantamweights had non-stop action fights in their last outings and are sure to do the same November 12."

just keep dropping classes, maybe you'll win.

alr1ghtstart said:
Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres is dropping to 135 pounds to take on Cole Escovedo at the UFC on Fox event in Anaheim. UFC president Dana White announced today that verbal agreements are in for the bout. "Both bantamweights had non-stop action fights in their last outings and are sure to do the same November 12."

just keep dropping classes, maybe you'll win.
aaaaahahahahahaha oh wow

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Those ESPN The Body issues are always a little awkward.

I wonder how weird it was throwing a high kick while naked and being photographed.

MjFrancis

parrotbeak said:
I think only a handful of us are even watching it. I'm only watching the fights; browsing internet through rest of show.
I'll do that for the rest of the season. The reality drama part of the show is absolute shit that drops my IQ for every second I watch it. I don't wonder why I haven't watched TUF until now (only the first two episodes so far). I'll watch the fights and nothing else.

MjFrancis said:
I'll do that for the rest of the season. The reality drama part of the show is absolute shit that drops my IQ for every second I watch it. I don't wonder why I haven't watched TUF until now (only the first two episodes so far). I'll watch the fights and nothing else.
That's how I've been doing it for a few seasons now and definitely the way to go if you want to preserve brain cells. Even though I've "watched" every season, I don't really know who these guys are unless they fight in real events a few times.

ShaunBRS said:
That's hilarious.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't really know where TUF went off the rails and why these assholes feel obligated to prank each other every single day. I wish Uncle Dana would come and check these kids like he used to in the old days with those "You wanna be a fuckin fighter?" speeches.

Chamber said:
I don't really know where TUF went off the rails and why these assholes feel obligated to prank each other every single day. I wish Uncle Dana would come and check these kids like he used to in the old days with those "You wanna be a fuckin fighter?" speeches.

If they didn't do that the show wouldn't exist. 45 minutes of scrubs training makes for boring television.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
All the bullshit pranks haven't done anything for ratings. If you care about reality tv drama, there are far more entertaining options for you than TUF.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Full Metal Jacket said:
It's like these dudes are on caveman mode 24/7. They perpetuate the stereotype really well.
How do you expect them to get on the show if they don't have green hair or a weird laugh or act like they're in college dudebro frat? Blame the people who manage the show.

Full Metal Jacket said:
It's like these dudes are on caveman mode 24/7. They perpetuate the stereotype really well.
I don't watch the show so I can't speak for it, but it is impossible to train more than couple hours a day, day in and day out. Considering they don't have television, newspapers, or any outside entertainment except each other's company and alcohol what else would you expect them to do spending a month couped up?

parasight

@danawhite:
Alright Toronto!!! Dec 10th UFC 140 tix go on sale next weekend and ur main event is Bones Jones vs Machida!!!

YESSSSS!

Time to buy tix.

EDIT: I really hope Evans comes into the ring after the fight AGAIN.

What?

Edit: oh ok, I never read the Bones vs Evans not happening article; assumed it was Bones who wouldn't be able to fight so soon. Huh.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't see that on his twitter.

edit: Oh wait, see it.

Which brings me back to...

What?

These guys are nut hug ducking each other.

Top Bottom