• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Watching TUF right now. I hate everything about Akira and people like him. Dickhead, loud mouth, hot head, unfunny 'prankster'. I hope he gets clobbered.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jon Jones Explains Why He Is Fighting Lyoto Machida at UFC 140

Did you tell the UFC that since Evans wasn't ready to fight in December that you would rather wait a month or two to fight him so you can finally put this beef behind you?

Well, Dana White basically needed someone to save 140. I didn't necessarily want to fight at 140, but because it was Rashad, I said, 'You know what? I would take the fight in nine weeks.' I'm already in shape. I already know what I want to do. Rashad, predicting that I would say no, he kind of kicked himself in the butt because I said yes, he turns around and says, 'Oh, I didn't expect Jon to say yes. I don't want to fight him that soon.' So in reality, he's kind of the one who's ducking the fight. I feel like he's ducking the fight.
nytp52.jpg

The drama continues.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
We all know they sit down and eat corn flakes together while Rampage makes some bbq. It's cool JBJ, you still play Madden with Rashad on PSN. We know man.

We know.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
CaptYamato said:
I don't think they want to fight each other.
I do believe Jones story about Rashad trying to make him look like a bitch but Rashad just had his pins taken out yesterday. 3 weeks of rehab and an 8 week camp means he could not possibly be ready for UFC 140.

I still wanna see Shogun vs Evans. I dont think Evans has a chance in hell. He is the perfect prospect of a Shogun smash. Loser of the Shogun/Hendo fight I guess gets loser of Machida/Jones?

Hendo/Evans would be an interesting fight as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I honestly thought warmachine was dead.

And yeah I like Huerta, great scrapper especially back in his UFC days. He's looked pretty bad of late though unfortunately.

thirty

Banned
exactly what i was thinking. huerta on fox would draw so many females, win or lose. both the ufc and huerta need to set their pride aside and work out a deal.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Maximum Fighting Championship 31: The Rundown

Main card starts at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET on HDNet

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard 3 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Early prelims start at 2:45 PM PT / 5:45 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Late prelims start at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on Spike TV
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on pay-per-view

Bellator 53

Prelims start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

Championship Fighting Alliance 3

Main card starts at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Sherdog.com

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Patrick Cote vs. Crafton Wallace (Friday, Instinct MMA 1)
Houston Alexander vs. Steve Bosse (Friday, Instinct MMA 1)
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Parker Porter (Saturday, Reality Fighting)

Balehead

If the Maia fight would replace Phan fight on MC it would be a 5/5 card for me. Should be the best night of fights in a while, Edgar/Maynard 2 was incredible, Aldo is always exciting and Sonnen most likely grinding the All American for 3 rounds... damn. Lauzon/Guillard should be very exciting as well.

I'd like to see that Kote fight. I always enjoyed him as a fighter. I just checked his record since he left UFC and had to giggle that one of the wins comes from Kalib Starnes. That guy just seemed like such a douche.

Maklershed said:
I'd like to see that Kote fight. I always enjoyed him as a fighter. I just checked his record since he left UFC and had to giggle that one of the wins comes from Kalib Starnes. That guy just seemed like such a douche.
I wonder if Kalib got hurt in the fight and if he had health insurance.

Balehead

Thanks a bunch for the reminder, almost forgot. I doubt there's any drama to be had, but I'll watch regardless.

Damn son, 146,5. Pantiedropped half a pound :p
Chewing gum the ultimate diss in a staredown.

yacobod

Banned
leonard garcia vs nam pham on the main card really? and after melvin and creepy joe, so stupid. this guy needs to get out of the ufc STAT!

Balehead

yacobod said:
leonard garcia vs nam pham on the main card really? and after melvin and creepy joe, so stupid. this guy needs to get out of the ufc STAT!
And fights with names like Pettis and Maia aren't on the MC...
Dudes have some heavy boxers these days, twice they've dopped half a pound with 'em.

Heel

UFC Calendar to Grow to 34 Events in 2012

Remember when you actually had to wait around and look forward to watching a card? Pride was maybe once a month at it's peak. We're fucking spoiled now! Check this out...

UFC events per year since Zuffa purchase:

2001 - 5
2002 - 7
2003 - 5
2004 - 5
2005 - 10 (TUF 1 Finale was the second event of the year...in April)
2006 - 18
2007 - 19
2008 - 20
2009 - 20
2010 - 24
2011 - 27
2012 - 34

TheNatural

My Member!
sien916 said:

Remember when you actually had to wait around and look forward to watching a card? Pride was maybe once a month at it's peak. We're fucking spoiled now! Check this out...

2001 - 5
2002 - 7
2003 - 5
2004 - 5
2006 - 18
2007 - 19
2008 - 20
2009 - 20
2010 - 24
2011 - 27
2012 - 34

I don't know if that's good or not. I love me some MMA, but I can't get hyped about at best, midcard fights on the card as the main event. But I guess if Strikeforce is absorbed, they'll have more guns to do it, and UFC basically just takes over what Strikeforce events were doing with a bigger roster. And I'm sure Bellator will get more hype and someone else like ProElite will be there to pick up the scraps for another organization.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
sien916 said:

2001 - 5
2002 - 7
2003 - 5
2004 - 5
2006 - 18
2007 - 19
2008 - 20
2009 - 20
2010 - 24
2011 - 27
2012 - 34

Christ. More free to view and global events with lesser known fighters where they make the bulk on gate and merchandise. One event every week and a bit does seem a bit exhaustive though.

Heel

MFC just proved there's no scoring system that will save you from shitty judging. Gee, how'd I guess? What a joke.

Plywood said:
We all know they sit down and eat corn flakes together while Rampage makes some bbq. It's cool JBJ, you still play Madden with Rashad on PSN. We know man.

We know.

why when 3 black men get together does it have to be a bbq? Fuckin 'cism.

Top Bottom