• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
join join join
NKrVM.png

Whenever I see a picture of GSP I understand why BJ Penn fans hate him. If my idol was beaten close to death by a man that could looking I would be pissed too.

Heel

K-1 Final 16 Update: K-1 Brokering Deal With Fighters for Half of Money Owed

The deal is for fighters to sign a contract by tomorrow, and that the contract waives a certain degree of K-1 and FEG's liability to fighters for past financial obligations. Signing this contract being offered by FEG assures the fighters a spot in the Final 16, but waives the fighter's right to half of the money that FEG owes the fighters, which in some cases will be hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Who the fuck would agree to that? I have a feeling the tournament is either going to be cancelled or carry on with b-level talent. What a train wreck.

Heel

Schiavello refused to commentate the Final 16 that's supposedly happening in 2 weeks. Good on him.

@LiverKickdotcom - I've spoken to fighters who would feel like scabs if they stepped into a K-1 ring if this is true [debt contracts for a GP spot]

Sounds like the perfect sequel to The Replacements!

parasight

rinse82 said:
Got two tickets to 140 Jones-Machida =)

Sec 101 Row 19 at the ACC

Can't wait

Are the prices on Ticketmaster listed with the Fight Club membership added already, or before the membership? The prices seem ridiculously high, and I think even moreso than the Rogers Center event. The bottom of the upper bowl tickets are almost $200.

EDIT: I figured it out, it adds the membership fee after. What's up with the weird seating though? It says Gold section is in the Lower Level, but it's clearly the 300s.

goddam fuck k-1 they're on some bullshit

I'm boycotting this shit they are being shady as fuck and I hope its all scrubs. No Hari, no *****, no Gerges, no Silva, no Zimmerman evdn.

Heel

Whoa, looks like Badr isn't playing around with his boxing career. Naazim Richardson is going to be his trainer. I wonder who Saki is training with for boxing?

I know Sp*ng is a part of the Blackzillians training for MMA.

parasight said:
Are the prices on Ticketmaster listed with the Fight Club membership added already, or before the membership? The prices seem ridiculously high, and I think even moreso than the Rogers Center event. The bottom of the upper bowl tickets are almost $200.

EDIT: I figured it out, it adds the membership fee after. What's up with the weird seating though? It says Gold section is in the Lower Level, but it's clearly the 300s.

The map is useless, it doesn't show which price is in which section

My 2nd row blues were 140 each, which I don't think is that bad compared to Leafs regular season prices lol........and it helps that I added the fight club membership costs to my UFC 129 tix when I sold them to my friends :)

First 10 rows of the 500 level or 129 were almost 100 bucks a pop =/

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sazabirules said:
Eddie Alvarez is defending his title against Chandler mid-November. Bellator has way too many champions in non-title bouts.
What? You're not a fan of Bellator "superfights" such as Cole Konrad vs. Paul Buentello?

Heel

Chamber said:
What? You're not a fan of Bellator "superfights" such as Cole Konrad vs. Paul Buentello?

Hector Lombard vs. Trevor Prangley really takes the cake. I don't think they know what "super" actually means. I'd love to see an upset in one of these things just to see the aftermath.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sien916 said:
Hector Lombard vs. Trevor Prangley really takes the cake. I don't think they know what "super" actually means. I'd love to see an upset in one of these things just to see the aftermath.
Yes it does. Lombard is the current champion of fighting cans. By far.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
sazabirules said:
Eddie Alvarez is defending his title against Chandler mid-November. Bellator has way too many champions in non-title bouts.

Well Joe Warren getting KTFO probably knocked that dudes ego down a peg or 2.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AwesomeSauce said:
Well Joe Warren getting KTFO probably knocked that dudes ego down a peg or 2.
true but that wasn't a superfight. he should have lost the galvao superfight though. one of the top 3 worst joe warren decisions

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Score Fighting Series 2

Main card starts at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on TheScore.com

Kickboxing - It's Showtime: Fast & Furious 70kg MAX Tournament

Main card starts at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET on HDNet

M-1 Challenge 27: Magalhaes vs. Zayats

Main card starts at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET on Showtime (Note: 3 hour tape-delay on Showtime's west coast channel.)

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Bellator 54

Prelims start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

Boxing - Bernard Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson

Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on pay-per-view

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Sean McCorkle vs. Justin Grizzard (Saturday, Chicago Cagefighting Championship 4)
Marcus Davis vs. Chuck O'Neil (Saturday, Warrior One MMA 7: Reloaded)
Kim Couture vs. Suzie Montero (Saturday, Warrior One MMA 7: Reloaded)
Brian Foster vs. LaVerne Clark (Saturday, Capital City Cage Wars 7)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Got a good laugh from this one.

"Zuffa is committed to continuing Strikeforce. And really, it's in Showtime's hands. There's dialogue and negotiations going back and forth right now and I'm hopeful that Strikeforce will be renewed and we'll put on some great fights for many years."
iy2d6w.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Chamber said:
Got a good laugh from this one.
"Zuffa is committed to murdering Strikeforce. And really, it's not in Showtime's hands. There's no dialogue and negotiations going back and forth right now and I know that Strikeforce will not be renewed."
I fixed it.
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Hahahaha the dude on Bispings team in the first fight is pathetic. Just layed there getting pounded on.
Bisping was a douchebag in the latest ep, he mad cause Mayhem is being a better coach.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
X52NC.jpg

The Kern County Sheriff’s Office Coroner today released the name of the deceased and the details surrounding the death of Joe Son’s cellmate in Wasco State Prison this week.

The coroner has ruled the death Monday of 50-year-old Michael Thomas Graham, AKA Mike Thomas, AKA Dana Young, AKA Dallas Barger, AKA Michael Hernandez, AKA Michael Lewis, AKA Alanis Quinn, AKA Marc Davidson was a homicide. Autopsy results determined that the San Luis Obispo resident, who was in his third month of a two-year sentence for failure to register as a sex offender after serving an undetermined amount of time previously for “attempted lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age,” was beaten to death.

Charges against Son, who was being held at the transitional facility temporarily while officials determined where he was to serve out his life sentence for felony kidnapping and torture in relation to a 1990 gang rape he was the ringleader of, are pending, we are told. It is unclear how long the two had shared a cell, but Son, who is better known outside of MMA circles as “Random Task” from the 1997 movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, has since been moved to solitary confinement while he awaits arraignment on charges related to Graham’s murder.

Incidentally, Graham weighed 146 lbs. Son fought as a heavyweight, tilting the scales at 236 lbs while still an active fighter.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
alr1ghtstart said:
join join join
NKrVM.png

From my perspective as a marketer that is hilarious (To get it you'd probably need to work in marketing too.) See that minuscule "FREE" next to the "Join My Fan Club" ? Some guy had probably spent a day or so making that page, and it's quite a good page from my perspective, only for a high-up in his approval process just to say "BUT WE NEED TO EMPHASISE IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEE" ergo that stupidly out-of-place "FREE" that generally looks like it's been slapped on in five seconds.

If the dude who made this is watching, Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Top Bottom