• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod said:
Well i guess it's for the best that God damn Sleeping Pill is off the main event spot. Diaz and Penn was the unofficial main event of that card anyways. And Mirko is always deserving of a co-main spot.
ehh you're probably right. He was a buzzkill for UFC 129 which was the best event ever until he stunk up the joint. Condit would have been wrestlefucked and wouldn't have been a threat on his back unlike Diaz.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
CaptYamato said:
By your logic that means he doesn't participate in MMA either. So GSP is the best grappler at 170.
omd82.jpg

Ninja Scooter said:
So what are the odds that in 2 months when GSP does come back, after the fight he uses the knee injury as an excuse for why he's boring as fuck?

He's going to make Condit tap. Remember that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Actually I imagine Georges will just beat the fuck out of him like Rory did except without gassing in the 3rd round.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
RBelong2Us said:
Oh wow, injury this close to the fight? Bad sprained knee? I bet its being blown up a bit.
He's out for the rest of the year but yeah, I'm sure he was just afraid of Conduit.

dream

"It's not harder to overtrain while on cycle. But, it's not as easy to tell you're overtraining while on a cycle.

When you're off cycle, overtraining usually first manifests as prolonged muscle soreness, then comes fatigue/irritability, and finally injury.

While on steroids, the soreness and fatigue is often not apparent and the irritability is generally written off as a slight case of the mythic "roid rage." Injury is often the first, clearly recognizable sign of overtraining while on a cycle--sometimes the injury is minor, sometimes the minor injuries aren't noticeable but build up to the major one.

So, you should becareful to rest well, but do not use it as an excuse to slack off on your training--you should never "undertrain"; you should just make sure that you don't "overtrain" by resting your body properly. Keep your workouts intense, but limit them to to 3-4 times per week and use the other days to rest. Remember, we grow as we rest (as long as proper nutrition, rest and workout intensity are apart of your regimen)."

dream said:
"It's not harder to overtrain while on cycle. But, it's not as easy to tell you're overtraining while on a cycle.

When you're off cycle, overtraining usually first manifests as prolonged muscle soreness, then comes fatigue/irritability, and finally injury.

While on steroids, the soreness and fatigue is often not apparent and the irritability is generally written off as a slight case of the mythic "roid rage." Injury is often the first, clearly recognizable sign of overtraining while on a cycle--sometimes the injury is minor, sometimes the minor injuries aren't noticeable but build up to the major one.

So, you should becareful to rest well, but do not use it as an excuse to slack off on your training--you should never "undertrain"; you should just make sure that you don't "overtrain" by resting your body properly. Keep your workouts intense, but limit them to to 3-4 times per week and use the other days to rest. Remember, we grow as we rest (as long as proper nutrition, rest and workout intensity are apart of your regimen)."

I don't get it? Are you trying to say BJ Penn is on steroids?

thirty

Banned
diaz's camp is asking the ufc and bj to turn it into a 5 rounder. nick is a damn triathlete while bj looks like he's the fattest he's been in years.

thirty said:
diaz's camp is asking the ufc and bj to turn it into a 5 rounder. nick is a damn triathlete while bj looks like he's the fattest he's been in years.

It's his only chance. Try and gas BJ out and win on points.

thirty said:
yup, no way bj agrees to that shit.

if he does he's fucked

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
CaptYamato said:
All of them take some type of PED. Mostly for recovery from training 16 hours a day for three months.

Yeah, I guess there's a bit of a difference between over the counter stuff and full blown roids..... and doctor prescribed.

dream

1. Why would BJ care if it's 3 or 5 rounds when he only needs 2 to dispose Nasty Nick?

2. BJ went 10 rounds with the #2 P4P fighter in the world. His gas tank is fine.

dream said:
1. Why would BJ care if it's 3 or 5 rounds when he only needs 2 to dispose Nasty Nick?

2. BJ went 10 rounds with the #2 P4P fighter in the world. His gas tank is fine.

I'm Glad you're on my side about this Dream.

dream

3. Wouldn't throwing 250 pitter patter shots a round tire Nasty Nick out more than the 30 solid shots BJ throws every round?

Top Bottom