• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
2djwgfm.jpg

Dancing!

f5blaq1.gif

dream said:
1. Why would BJ care if it's 3 or 5 rounds when he only needs 2 to dispose Nasty Nick?

2. BJ went 10 rounds with the #2 P4P fighter in the world. His gas tank is fine.
Not 10 rounds, I distinctly remember BJ's corner throwing in the towel.

Dysun

Was hoping to see a fluke GSP KTFOd by Condit. Oh well

BJ/Diaz was the best fight since they announced it anyhow...

yacobod

Banned
steroids are fine. i rather there be open use of steroids, then these guys pretending they are clean in the current system. another thing that was better in Pride.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Update 2:45 p.m.: Nick Diaz is on the line

Nick Diaz: I didn't even know about a call. I woke up, my phone was dead and my brother told me that I was supposed to be on the call. I didn't get any notice. I didn't hear anything about it until about fifteen minutes ago.

Oh Nicky...

DKehoe

One of the things about Penn/Diaz that I found interesting (aside from it being an awesome match up) is to see if Nick could restrain himself from putting his hands up and calling his opponent bitch. If BJ turns down the fight being made into a 5 rounder the odds of that happening go up.

DKehoe said:
One of the things about Penn/Diaz that I found interesting (aside from it being an awesome match up) is to see if Nick could restrain himself from putting his hands up and calling his opponent bitch. If BJ turns down the fight being made into a 5 rounder the odds of that happening go up.
Penn said he is down for five rounds but wants to be compasated for it.

tass0

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Based on who's rankings? Campbell's?

Based on pretty much the rankings of any notable MMA fan, or website.

The guy was ranked #1 for what, 7 years?

I don't care how new you are to MMA, if you don't consider him at the very -least- one of the greatest HWs in MMA's current history, then you're just trollin' or ignorant.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
tass0 said:
Based on pretty much the rankings of any notable MMA fan, or website.

The guy was ranked #1 for what, 7 years?

I don't care how new you are to MMA, if you don't consider him at the very -least- one of the greatest HWs in MMA's current history, then you're just trollin' or ignorant.
We've already established that Cain Velasquez is the #1 HW in MMA history.

Heel

Chamber said:
We've already established that Cain Velasquez is the #1 HW in MMA history.

Don't get ahead of yourself. His legacy isn't cemented until he defeats #2 HW in MMA history Junior Dos Santos.

alr1ghtstart said:
I wonder what the dicksucking OT for 137 has morphed into...
I was gonna call dibs on making the thread but I want to nominate yaco now for lulz and unfettered Penn fanboyism

It no longer deserves me putting time into doing custom graphic shit

A progression of the 3 different posters would be a good start

tass0 said:
I think he was trolling.

Cain has 9 total fights, and what, two Top 10 wins? three, tops.
I think 90% of the posts in this thread are trolling/semi-serious. It's what makes this thread so entertaining.

polyh3dron said:
I was gonna call dibs on making the thread but I want to nominate yaco now for lulz and unfettered Penn fanboyism

It no longer deserves me putting time into doing custom graphic shit

A progression of the 3 different posters would be a good start
He thinks Diaz is going to win.

parrotbeak said:
Idk who Elliot Marshall is but Vera doesn't belong on main card.
TUF guy. He was good on the show but hasn't been able to really get it together since then. Oddly enough I always thought him and Vera are some of the best examples of guys that should have much better records than they do.

Also Diaz beats Penn via decision. Calling it now.

thirty said:
so which 137 under card fight got moved up? please say Brandon Vera vs Elliot Marshall.
TAVARES vs. JACOBY

$500 for a good seat to this shit, lol
CaptYamato said:
He thinks Diaz is going to win.
As do I, doesn't make me any less of a Penn fan.

I too have Diaz by close decision.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Cowboy vs Siver should have been moved to the main card. Do you guys think Hioki could actually succeed in the UFC or be like his fellow Japanese brethren?

sazabirules said:
Cowboy vs Siver should have been moved to the main card. Do you guys think Hioki could actually succeed in the UFC or be like his fellow Japanese brethren?
Nope, Hioki's gonna get Roop'd

Sengoku champs suck, just look at Santiago

Penn gases when he's against bigger wrestlers. Diaz isn't going to be taking him down. I think Penn wins a decision. Unless it changes to 5 rds, then that changes things a lot.

Heel

polyh3dron said:
He's a (former) DREAM champ, that's different. He'd be a damn good addition to the BW division and Takaya would be as well.

Takaya came over and lost to Peralta on a Strikeforce undercard.

Bibiano at 135 in the UFC would be great.

I think Hioki actually has the skillset for some success in the UFC. His fight against Sandro was masterful.

yacobod

Banned
polyh3dron said:

i was going to make the OT for 137 to spite boogie, but now i could potentially make one for the true main event and for what could be mma legend mirko crocop final fight in the ufc.

and as much as i like BJ, i might be picking Nick to win for some crazy reason.

dream

yup. yaco and I had a plan that dates back many months but St. Pierre's possible steroid induced injury ruined it all. ):

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
People (stupids) don't like lighter divisions??
That's part of it but Cruz/Faber did 375k.

I think it's oversaturation at this point. Two weeks after 135 and three weeks before 137. Jones/Rampage and GSP/Conduit are probably more appealing for casuals than Edgar/Maynard.

Top Bottom