• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

UFC_137.jpg

god damn the UFC is trolling hard lol

yacobod

Banned
Chamber said:
He's not pretending. Bisping honestly thinks he's a nice and likeable guy. You have to appreciate that level of delusion.

At least you have a reaction from him. Somebody's got to play the heel.

MjFrancis

Diaz looks like he got a whiff of something horrible. Especially in that last poster. Then again, he always looks like that.

And meanwhile, BJ Penn looks like the calm center of the universe.

SteveWD40

yacobod said:
At least you have a reaction from him. Somebody's got to play the heel.

I met Mike once, and I know some folks that know him, generally he is "all-right", not the uberdouche Americans make out but not a nice guy per se either. He certainly has an ego flamed by the UFC paying him LARGE sums of cash.

But there it is, as Dana said, better you hate him than not give a damn, the same guys that bitch about him all day on forums are the ones that tune in to watch him get beat / laugh at him on TUF hence his PPV buy in bonuses and $300k paydays.

He lives in the US now I think as well, I wonder how many of his haters would say anything to his face.

Heel

FRIDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Xtreme Fighting Championships 14: Resurrection

Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on HDNet

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

Kickboxing - Fight Code: Rhinos Final 8 (Heavyweight Tournament)

Starts at 9:45 AM PT / 12:45 PM ET, free on LiveFightCode.tv

Bellator 55

Prelims start at 4:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM ET, free on Spike.com
Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on MTV2, HD on Epix (Note: Replay at 8:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM ET.)

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Paul Daley vs. Luigi Fioravanti (Friday, Ringside MMA 12)
Joey Villasenor vs. Chuck Parmelee (Saturday, Jackson's MMA Series 6)
Masanori Kanehara vs. Douglas Frey (Saturday, Jackson's MMA Series 6)
Jimi Manuwa vs. Nick Chapman (Saturday, Cage Rage UK 24: Hands of War)
Paul Kelly vs. Ryan Healy (Saturday, SportFight 30: Limitless)
Mario Miranda vs. Aaron Stark (Saturday, SportFight 30: Limitless)
Mike Whitehead vs. Jojo Thompson (Saturday, Rage in the Cage 156)

Honestly I think Conduit is pulling a Rashad by holding out to fight GSP. If Diaz ends up with an impressive victory over BJ, or if BJ KTFOs Diaz, what's stopping Dana from giving one of them the shot? Who says Conduit doesn't get hurt while he's waiting?

Heel

polyh3dron said:
Honestly I think Conduit is pulling a Rashad by holding out to fight GSP. If Diaz ends up with an impressive victory over BJ, or if BJ KTFOs Diaz, what's stopping Dana from giving one of them the shot? Who says Conduit doesn't get hurt while he's waiting?

I don't blame him for waiting. It's the culmination of his whole career. The first chance he's had at the title and a big pay day. Plus, it doesn't look like he's going to wait ages like Rashad did. If GSP needed surgery it would make more sense to take a fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
SteveWD40 said:
He lives in the US now I think as well, I wonder how many of his haters would say anything to his face.
What's he gonna do? Beat the fuck out of someone? Not really the way to go about proving the haters wrong.

sien916 said:
I don't blame him for waiting. It's the culmination of his whole career. The first chance he's had at the title and a big pay day. Plus, it doesn't look like he's going to wait ages like Rashad did. If GSP needed surgery it would make more sense to take a fight.
OK well here's my prediction: Conduit will not be GSP's next opponent.

Well I don't see how a guy that hasn't beat anyone is Top Contender. Diaz is another Hardy against GSP. Guy with nice stand up and weak wrestling that hasn't beat anyone fighting one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maklershed said:
Has anyone else done that? Amir Sadollah maybe?
Meathead as well.

I think this guy will do fine. Wrestling/BJJ is always a powerful combo, especially at the level this guy will bring. I doubt anyone will stop his takedown.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
GOD DAMN IT!

Dumb fuck Tavares pulls out and now Dustin Jacoby gets to fight a a former D1 wrestler. Which is a far shittier match up for Dustin.

Brian Fellows said:
GOD DAMN IT!

Dumb fuck Tavares pulls out and now Dustin Jacoby gets to fight a a former D1 wrestler. Which is a far shittier match up for Dustin.
haha oh wow this card is such a train wreck

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

Heel

Chamber said:
Meathead as well.

I think this guy will do fine. Wrestling/BJJ is always a powerful combo, especially at the level this guy will bring. I doubt anyone will stop his takedown.

The difference is these guys earned their keep through TUF, though. Maybe they'll throw him on a future TUF season? Hell, the source for this story is his Facebook page that I can't even find. Story seems pretty sketchy at the moment...

thefro said:
Probably could beat Silva right now.

Hahaha. I almost went there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Chamber said:
Meathead as well.

Meathead had a fight before the show even though it doesn't show up on his record. He fought in Kentucky.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:
The difference is these guys earned their keep through TUF, though. Maybe they'll throw him on a future TUF season? Hell, the source for this story is his Facebook page that I can't even find. Story seems pretty sketchy at the moment...
I'm all for the UFC putting legit prospects like this guy on TUF but keeping in mind the caliber of fighter we usually see there, I think he would roll through that show.

EDIT - All this assuming his skills translate properly to MMA because you never know.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Brian Fellows said:
GOD DAMN IT!

Do they always try to keep decent fights on the Spike card? Big Curran doesn't deserve to be on a main card.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sazabirules said:
Do they always try to keep decent fights on the Spike card? Big Curran doesn't deserve to be on a main card.
Yes they do. The more people who watch the prelims, the more who potentially buy the PPV.

Heel

Chamber said:
I'm all for the UFC putting legit prospects like this guy on TUF but keeping in mind the caliber of fighter we usually see there, I think he would roll through that show.

EDIT - All this assuming his skills translate properly to MMA because you never know.

Yeah, you really don't know until they're in there.

All of this just reminded me that the UFC was courting Satoshi Ishii, an Olympic judo gold medalist who was also 0-0 at the time. He was hyped through the roof. He ended up going to DREAM and performed nowhere near expectations straight out of the gate.

Edit: @MMANation - Please spread the word: reports that Khadjimorat Gatsalov has signed with the UFC are FALSE. Source? @UFC itself.

Yeah, seemed pretty sketchy. I'm sure he could easily get on TUF with those kind of credentials. Where there's smoke there's fire...

CaptYamato said:
Well than I guess Diaz should fight Kos. Because they both beat the same hack.

I would be down for that.

Also the all the rosters except the WW have been posted for Undisputed 3. HW roster seems weak without Coleman, Herring, Arlovski and Couture not there. I was hoping that they would leave AA in the game.

LHW is missing Bonnar for some weird reason

MW is perfect

LW missing loads of people

FW is good

BW is good

An interesting thing I noticed is that there is a Pride section in there so I think we will see some Pride exclusive characters. I hope Saku, Igor, Frye, Arona make it in the game. Pride mode with no Saku is a sin.

Lastly I pray for Overeem DLC

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:
Yeah, you really don't know until they're in there.

All of this just reminded me that the UFC was courting Satoshi Ishii, an Olympic judo gold medalist who was also 0-0 at the time. He was hyped through the roof. He ended up going to DREAM and performed nowhere near expectations straight out of the gate.

Edit: @MMANation - Please spread the word: reports that Khadjimorat Gatsalov has signed with the UFC are FALSE. Source? @UFC itself.

Yeah, seemed pretty sketchy. I'm sure he could easily get on TUF with those kind of credentials. Where there's smoke there's fire...
Hopefully they take him on TUF. Those credentials are too insane to go to waste.

Host Samurai said:
I would be down for that.

Also the all the rosters except the WW have been posted for Undisputed 3. HW roster seems weak without Coleman, Herring, Arlovski and Couture not there. I was hoping that they would leave AA in the game.

LHW is missing Bonnar for some weird reason

MW is perfect

LW missing loads of people

FW is good

BW is good

An interesting thing I noticed is that there is a Pride section in there so I think we will see some Pride exclusive characters. I hope Saku, Igor, Frye, Arona make it in the game. Pride mode with no Saku is a sin.

Lastly I pray for Overeem DLC
The roster for this game is really pissing me off. 16 Lightweights?! Deepest division in the sport and they have 16 fighters?

So much for the 150 fighters nonsense.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man this card is so fucked now, went from one of the best cards the UFC has put together into an utter train wreck. You'd think Rashad was headlining it with all the issues.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sinatar said:
Man this card is so fucked now, went from one of the best cards the UFC has put together into an utter train wreck. You'd think Rashad was headlining it with all the issues.
It's still worth watching for Cro Cop's retirement match.

Losing remains a distinct possibility, and if it happens, he said, all he can do is "say to people, 'I apologize, and I'm sorry I waste[d] your time.' That's all I can say and that's exactly what I will say. I will disappear from the UFC and I will apologize, first to the headquarters of the UFC, because I was treated like a king, I was paid well, and unfortunately I didn't justify the treatment. I didn't justify the treatment. I don't want live on an old glory. That's why, believe me, I trained really hard for this fight."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/21/mirko-filipovic-i-want-to-prove-to-everybody-that-im-still-cr/

Sinatar said:
my thoughts exactly. so pissed that I paid $500 for a ticket, it's definitely the last time I'll spend that much on a UFC ticket no matter how stacked the card is.

I still blame Rashad in absentia

As for Cro Cop, Roy Nelson is tailor made for a trademark LHK KO. Mirko just needs to pull the fucking trigger.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All I can say is Dana is fucking lucky he kept Diaz v BJ on the card, otherwise Matt Mitrione v Kongo would be the main event. lol

alr1ghtstart said:
All I can say is Dana is fucking lucky he kept Diaz v BJ on the card, otherwise Matt Mitrione v Kongo would be the main event. lol
Nick and BJ still have 8 days before fight time to get hurt.

Expect The Unexpected.

Top Bottom