• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Nobody mentions UFC fighters like Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, and Carlos Newton getting their soul taken in Pride.
They weren't ready to have their names screamed by the crazy lady.

Hope seagal taught spider some tdd cause he's getting bodied by an American hero.
Aikido take down defense? *snort*

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
They weren't ready to have their names screamed by the crazy lady.

Aikido take down defense? *snort*

Anderson will make chael fly through the air with a deft flick of his pinky if he shoots for a takedown. All thanks to Master Seagal's teachings.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Oh man I can't wait for Georges to come home and clean house.

I'll bet he'll clean house the same way I do. Throw a mop on the floor for 25 minutes and then apologise to my girlfriend for it not being clean enough.

And then watch her finish it in 2 minutes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The last thing Chael will remember (again) is the smell of andy's sweaty man sausage all up in his face business.

Bossun

I want a double knockout resulting in death.

Anderson choking Sonnen to death while Sonnen is snapping Anderson's spine with his amazing upper body.

And statues will be erected after that day. Believe me.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I want a double knockout resulting in death.

Anderson choking Sonnen to death while Sonnen is snapping Anderson's spine with his amazing upper body.

And statues will be erected after that day. Believe me.
I remember when all the Taker & Kane fans wanted them to simultaneously chokeslam each other...

Kellen

RujNO.png

Do guys think Zombie could pull it off? I'm a fan of his but I think it's a really tough fight for him.

ShaneB

RujNO.png

Do guys think Zombie could pull it off? I'm a fan of his but I think it's a really tough fight for him.

Zombie got ktfo by a headkick from Roop. I say a similar fate is in store if he fights Aldo. But Zombie has been all over the place in terms of performances (edit: in terms of styles and finishes and decicions), so it should at least be a fun fight.

I like Silva and Sonnen both and I am not sure on who I want to win, but things would probably be more interesting if Silva loses. I mean if he wins than we will get pointless fights like Silva vs Bisping/Munoz..that is some shit I have no interest in watching. On the other hand if Silva loses he can most likely get an instant title shot at LHW at either Jones/Hendo or even a GSP super fight.

Heel

Honestly though, are we really that sure Anderson can fuck with Weidman or Munoz in the wrestling department? I have my doubts.

Munoz went to train with Anderson and came back wanting to challenge him for the title. What does that tell you?

I'm still not buying into the "my hibs" excuse.

Honestly though, are we really that sure Anderson can fuck with Weidman or Munoz in the wrestling department? I have my doubts.

Munoz went to train with Anderson and came back wanting to challenge him for the title. What does that tell you?

Neither am I if you watch the Lutter fight. Fucking Lutter

yacobod

Banned

both guys likely would beat Anderson Balboa. Mickey Soares has been very wise to cleverly accept matches with guys w/no wrestling.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I like Silva and Sonnen both and I am not sure on who I want to win, but things would probably be more interesting if Silva loses. I mean if he wins than we will get pointless fights like Silva vs Bisping/Munoz..that is some shit I have no interest in watching. On the other hand if Silva loses he can most likely get an instant title shot at LHW at either Jones/Hendo or even a GSP super fight.
If Silver loses to Sonnen, I sure as fuck don't like his chances against an even bigger and more dynamic wrestler like Jones.

HiResDes

Silva is also aging guys, give me Silva in his prime and I really think his striking might give him a decent chance against Jones...Who sometimes seems a bit sloppy in that department.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The funny thing about people going on and on about a hypothetical Silva vs. Jones superfight is the indication of GSP's slide into irrelevancy. I doubt that his apology for wrestlefucking Carlos Condit for 25 minutes will fix that either.

The funny thing about people going on and on about a hypothetical Silva vs. Jones superfight is the indication of GSP's slide into irrelevancy. I doubt that his apology for wrestlefucking Carlos Condit for 25 minutes will fix that either.

GSP won't fight Anderson for the same reason that Andy won't fight Jones. The weight disparity between weight classes is too much. The only reason people think Jones will move up is because he is still young.

tass0

Banned
Eff you guys, after reading the last few pages, I hope Anderson gets his face smashed so Fedor can be unanimously considered the GOAT.

American Gangster from Oregon gonna finish what he started.

Heel

A fitting quote from Fahrenheit 451 that I'd like to share with you all in regards to July 7th:

Don't haggle and nag them; you were so recently of them yourself. They are so confident that they will run on forever. But they won't run on. They don't know that this is all one huge big blazing meteor that makes a pretty fire in space, but that some day it'll have to hit. They see only the blaze, the pretty fire, as you saw it.

Time and tide wait for no man, friends.

Boogie

Michael Jordanesque is Lutter's ground game.

After a decade and a half, that's still the most retarded thing that Goldie has said. Thank God Joe shut him down on that comment.

That being said, I've been watching some old BodogFight shows on The Score while I work out, and fuck me if "The Colonel" Bob Sheridan isn't the worst MMA broadcaster ever.

After one fighter threw a knee on a downed fighter, he goes "now Paul, how difficult is it for a Muay Thai fighter to adjust to MMA and not throw a knee to a fighter who's on the ground?"

To which I reply from the treadmill "You fucking idiot! Muay Thai is a standing art, there are no strikes on the ground!" Lazenby replied with a much tamer version of that. Of course, it didn't matter that I was yelling at a recording of an event taped six years ago.

That plus I will always remember how, for Fedor/Lindland, Sheridan went on and on about Fedor's "Brazilian jiu-jitsu" skills. Fucker never learned a gawdamned thing about the sport.

Heel

Golden Glory and It's Showtime are both claiming to have big announcements today.

"it will change the state of stand up fighting overnight"

"something that changes the kickboxing landscape"

"shock announcement"

It's Showtime in 15 minutes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Golden Glory and It's Showtime are both claiming to have big announcements today.

"it will change the state of stand up fighting overnight"

"something that changes the kickboxing landscape"

"shock announcement"

It's Showtime in 15 minutes.

Are we throwing up a chat for this mutha?

Top Bottom