• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see TUF 12 but I think Bruce Cacares is pretty nifty. Was his last fight the one where he destroyed his opponent's balls?

Pristine: See Guida/Pettis for the hideous exception.

I didn't see TUF 12 but I think Bruce Cacares is pretty nifty. Was his last fight the one where he destroyed his opponent's balls?

Pristine: See Guida/Pettis for the hideous exception.

LOL. Yeah, but didn't think I had to state the obvious--like controlling a guy's posture/escape opportunities. I still can't figure out how Pettis managed to make it through all those BJJ classes without one of the cardinal rules of finishing with that choke sinking in. Guida's a powerful guy, but Pettis wasn't even trying to cut off his escape plans.

Cacares on the other hand, was doing everything you like to see. Even when he missed, he was actively trying to hook his opponent's pushing leg, trying to control the posture, ect.

zeeaykay

Weidman is just making Munoz look silly.

Edit: HOOOLY SHIT was that stoppage the worst I have ever seen. What the hell was that ref waiting for?

Heel

Mark Munoz left Brazil with the confidence that he could wrestlefuck Anderson. He was then destroyed in all departments by Weidman. What does that say to you? Give the man his title shot. He is unstoppable and will claim the gold.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Mark Munoz left Brazil with the confidence that he could wrestlefuck Anderson. He was then destroyed in all departments by Weidman. What does that say to you? Give the man his title shot. He is unstoppable and will claim the gold.

I can hear the Chants of U. S. A! all the way up here already

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
good evening friends. did chris weidman cement himself as number one contender at 185#?

Like a machine! dominated the whole fight out wrestling like it was Munoz's first day on the mat..then as Munoz came in for a strike and he elbow struck him across the face and knocked him out then pummeled his head into the the mat.

4.gif

Heel

Well Weidman did call out Anderson during his post fight interview.

What's not to like?

I would like to point out that Chamber and I have believed in Chris "Requiescat in Pace!" Weidman for some time now. In fact, if you look at the first page of this very thread you will see that Chamber had picked Weidman to be champion by the time this thread ends.

We will have the last laugh, friend.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Welcome to the Weidman bandwagon, friends. Join now and we can forget all the "Who the fuck is Chris Weidman?" posts from OT2.

Heel

Wow, Weidman looked like garbage just one fight ago, and now everyone's on his nuts.

Took the fight on 11 days notice.

Welcome to the Weidman bandwagon, friends. Join now and we can forget all the "Who the fuck is Chris Weidman?" posts from OT2.

A simple search for "Weidman" has been very eye opening, friend. It's almost as if I actually believe he's a freak talent who is the real deal.

I'm sorry that I think there are mortals on this earth that can beat the demigod known as Anderson. It's called an opinion, of which mine is often wrong. Just because it's in the minority doesn't mean it's trolling. I actually believe he can beat him.

Natch and his merry men, can you handle that?

As I proclaimed in nerd chat, I didn't buy the Chael hype, and I didn't see tonight's fight yet, but just based on the comments made, I'm totally on the Waidmann war wagon.

Go Matt Waidmann!

Ænima

Easily? LOL
Yes? Its not like the result was controversial, Weidman clearly outfought Maia despite the boringness of the fight.

Silva didn't look particularly great against Demian either. Other than dancing around like a jackass he didn't really do much in that fight.

Weidman is a more composed, smarter, and younger version of Sonnen. Oh and while his striking is suspect he can do some pretty nifty things standing, apperantly.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Dunno, probably be catch weight maybe. We got no other "real" big names beside G-Sot so he's the obvious choice, just up to Danga to find someone decent from the UK close to his weight.

SteveWD40

Dunno, probably be catch weight maybe. We got no other "real" big names beside G-Sot so he's the obvious choice, just up to Danga to find someone decent from the UK close to his weight.

They were always talked about to be fighting each other a while back to be fair, Ross wanted that fight when G-Sot was nearing title contention.

I think Ross should have stayed at LW anyway, he got robbed against Barboza, out-boxed him and closed range so well. His only "bad" loss at LW was Miller and he broke his foot and did his knee in in the first round to be fair to him.

Top Bottom