• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Im a Jon Jones fan but seeing him get knocked by Hendo would be pretty glorious. Might give him a reality check too. He'd obviously get a rematch and win anyways, but kid needs to get humbled first.

He might slip just for the fact that things are coming too easy for him, mix that with the fact that this fight doesnt have a huge angle for him, like Evans and Jackson.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I think I would have been happier if the Japanese Police Agencies were able to clean up the Pride Management at the end and Bust all the Yukuza that were trying to pressure the company.

This would have let us have the greatest MMA organization still putting on shows and not turned into the embarrassment that made the TV sponsors bail.
Both Pride and UFC were better when they were trying to out do each other.

Got my picks in for UFC on Fuel 4 tonight:

Weidman dec
Tehuna ko 1
Simpson ko 2 BOOST
Carmont dec
Dillashaw dec BOOST
Njokuani dec
Page sub 2 BOOST
Caraiso ko 1 BOOST
Craig dec
Guimaraes sub 1
Tamura dec

DKehoe

If PRIDE was around we would be seeing some sick fights already. Brock vs Fedor, Jones vs Silva and Jones vs GSP would have already happened. Not to mention freak fights like Hendo vs Carwin.

Pride also held back on booking Wand against non-Japanese because they wanted the storyline of a heroic Japanese fighter defeating the monster foreigner. Let's not pretend Pride's booking was perfect.

Dysun

Too bad they stick Munoz/Weidman on some random ass TV card instead of the PPV so I dont have to suffer through 4 boring fights

Heel

What's next for our book club? Discussion is fizzling out on Amontillado.

I think it might be best to not get bogged down with anything too lengthy. Here's a good starting point to pick something:

World's Greatest Novellas
Best Short Stories of All Time

Of those I had previously been looking to read The Postman Always Rings Twice, which was apparently the inspiration for The Stranger, which was dicussed as a selection previously.

Up for anything though.

Heel

Are you reading Fahrenheit or are you on to something else?

Yeah, read Fahrenheit (3 Tito heads) and Chael's book (2 Tito heads).

Embrassed to admit I'm slogging through The Hunger Games to discuss with a lady friend, which has not been enjoyable as MMA-GAF favorite Jersey Shore. Mistakes were made.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I'm a big audiobook nut and with it being summer work is slow as hell so i listen to books all day long. I've listened to about 40 audio books this year so far.

That being said i'll listen/read anything except textbooks and pure romance novels.
So if you guys want to pick out some classics I'm in.

I look at this as an opportunity to read some stuff I wouldn't normally pickup on my own :)

Ya, I'm open to anything, although reading Poe again makes me want to read more classics. And free online is good. Short stories I can consume during lunch break are good too.

ShaneB

Yeah, read Fahrenheit (3 Tito heads) and Chael's book (2 Tito heads).

Embrassed to admit I'm slogging through The Hunger Games to discuss with a lady friend, which has not been enjoyable as MMA-GAF favorite Jersey Shore. Mistakes were made.

Be a man! Tell that lady that Into Thin Air is a powerful survival story that will tear at her heartstrings.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I didn't even realize a card was tonight. I guess kind of like most don't realize Fuel TV is a network.

Not on HD for me. Hard to watch things in SD. I want to see the septic rashes kiss when they wrassle.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
could be pretty entertaining. I usually enjoy the strikeforce events quiet abit.

I wanna see if Rockhold can not be wrestlefucked by Kennedy

I'd like to see Woodly destroy Nate but

I expect Lawler to knockout Larkin in devastating fashion

I think diet Jardine is gonna have to retire if he can't finish Gracie( is this fight at 185?)

Masvidal should easlily beat Wilcox

Woodley doesn't know how to destroy anything.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I suggested Cask and I haven't even and time to read it and discuss it. I'm about to start Blood Meridian and that is pretty sure. Any free classic books would be good as well.

I suggested Cask and I haven't even and time to read it and discuss it. I'm about to start Blood Meridian and that is pretty sure. Any free classic books would be good as well.
Read it and contribute to our discussion before we move on. It will take like 5 minutes to read.

I wonder if I still have my copy of Moby Dick from college with all my notes. It would be boxed up at my mom's house if anything. I think it took half the semester to read and discuss.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Link for Fuel prelims with BRUCE LEE ROY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ruIGrvDkI8

0433_41r3j.gif

Heel

Good card so far? I'll join you for the main card brahs.

Be a man! Tell that lady that Into Thin Air is a powerful survival story that will tear at her heartstrings.

Sitting on my iPad. I'll definitely get around to it. I read the introduction and it has me interested.

Top Bottom