• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

I agree with Wayne Brady. When building up a challenger fails, Uncle Dana loves just throwing cannon fodder at champions. Why not at least attempt to build up more names in the division.
LOL I cracked up at work. But yes, I agree with our articulate friend also. Weidman has been impressive but he needs to show what he can do against a good striker. Also a win over Belfort would put him over and make lots of hype for a Silva fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Forrest got a TRT exemption for his fight.

Tito Ortiz from his Twitter:

@ForrestGriffin sorry to hear you had to use #steriods to beat me! Wait or try to beat me. @ForrestGriffin = #cheater lol. Have a good day!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yes, Bobblehead is full of excuses, see his description of when he got KO'd by Lee Murray in London. Claims the cops used CS gas when it was about 2 years before they had it and that he "ran into Lees hand" etc...

The funniest part in the UFC 148 countdown show was when they ran all the soundbytes of Tito's postfight excuses and spun it as "Tito has gone through a lot of injuries but now he's healthy!".

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Tito Ortiz ‏@titoortiz

He does it I'm a sore loser! If I did it I would of been a cheat my whole career. I haters can suck it. ‪#neverhappy‬. Lol

Would have motherfucker. Would have.

Heel

Fighters bemoan lack of promotion prior to 'Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy'

An hour earlier at the Courtside Club Room, two reporters sit in four rows of chairs designated for the media during a pre-event press conference held midday inside the Rose Quarter. The top-billed fighters are present, as is Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. A full PR team from big-brother promotion UFC is on duty, the men at the dais answer questions, and broadcast partner Showtime films the proceedings.

"Take a picture," Kennedy said. "There's not a single goddamn reporter here. There's four of you guys. This is two title fights for Strikeforce. It's crystal clear that nobody gives a [expletive]. They don't. I knock Rockhold out on Saturday night? Changes nothing for me. Nothing in, like, what media publications are going to cover me, who talks about me, sponsors I'm going to get. Do you know how much money I didn't make in sponsors for this fight because nobody cares about Strikeforce? It's insane.

"I'm fighting one of the best fighters on the planet. Not top 10 – like top five. I'm very confident that both Luke and I would clean house all the way to the top one or two guys in the UFC that could finally give us a fight, and nobody cares. It doesn't make any sense. Just the ignorance of the sport and the athletes, there's no way we can change that unless you let us fight other guys outside of the organization, and that's just not going to happen.

"I fight for me. I don't fight for the media, which is very clear, right? I fight because I want to know I'm the best I could have been as a fighter."

No disrespect to Navy veteran and war hero Tom Kennedy, but he might want to look in the mirror and ask why they don't care. These gentlemen really need to learn how to go into business for themselves.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

TheNatural

My Member!
161441_o.gif

Former WWE star and longtime MMA enthusiast Dave Bautista is slated for his pro-fighting debut on Oct. 6.

The 43-year-old, perhaps best known as "Batista" during a WWE title reign, will fight New York-based heavyweight Rashid Evans (1-2 as an amateur) at a CES MMA event at Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, R.I., TMZ today reported.

Back in 2010, Bautista told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he was in talks with Strikeforce about a possible deal. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker confirmed negotiations, but a deal was never inked.

The CES MMA event will be televised in some form, according to today's report.

Bautista left the WWE in 2010 and shifted his focus to acting and a crossover into MMA. After training with Nick Diaz and trainer Cesar Gracie, he recently opened his own Florida gym.

His first MMA opponent also will make his pro debut. Rashid Evans, who's far less accomplished than the similarly named ex-UFC champ Rashad Evans, lost his final two amateur fights. Both losses came via unanimous decision.

In addition to Bautista, other WWE vets such as Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley have shifted to MMA with with some success.

yacobod

Banned
Strikeforce champ Melendez to be offered fourth Thomson fight.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/29688/strikeforce-champ-melendez-to-be-offered-fourth-thomson-fight-healy-on-deck.mma
Jesus find some other 155's thats just sad

told you that it was a QUADRILOGY in the making.

zuffa is really leaving Strikeforce out to die. I imagine they want to make Showtime cancel the deal asap.

it seems like 2012 zuffa is trying to integrate the worst division in mixed martial arts into the Ultimate (125#) and then bring over the strikeforce heavyweights. hopefully 2013 will see the strikeforce guys making it over.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
who's fraud gil supposed to fight anyways? aoki? punk whooped that ass last time.

ultimate doesn't really seem willing to let one of their own slum it in strikeforce, so there are no other credible opponents around.

i'm bored drinking, seems like some regulars are around, just throwing it out there.

I got nothing better to do.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I would feel bad for Gil but he still CHOSE to re-sign with Strikeforce in 2010 instead of jumping ship with Shields and Nick. Too bad, playboy.

Top Bottom