• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

charsace

Rockhold's performance is disappointing. I was hoping his rugged good looks and surfer boy attitude would save us from the reign of Canderson but it's probably not to be.
The way he fights now he would get destroyed by anderson. And Rockhold has the same problem that 99% of guys in MMA have; he doesn't know how to jab.

Fifty

Showtime is really into showing fighter's moms. They should replace Mauro and Frank with both fighter's mothers for the next card

Heel

Showtime is really into showing fighter's moms. They should replace Mauro and Frank with both fighter's mothers for the next card

iAQX736Ez1gjg.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
On the Strikefarce topic tonight, a new contender has emerged to challenge Queef Sardine in the canagory:

Ladies and gentleman, Amir Can

i2Sfftg2yCGNV.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
It's the drugs but damn, lot of people with white shirts/tops in that gif.

I think our next level shit should be to watch combat sport in the Olympics. Judo, Wrasslin, Boxing and Karate or Tae Kwon Doe or whatever they do.

You know it will be like we're refining ourselves, smoking pipes and reading news papers in an exclusive members only club house.

Man old school weeds awesome.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's the drugs but damn, lot of people with white shirts/tops in that gif.

I think our next level shit should be to watch combat sport in the Olympics. Judo, Wrasslin, Boxing and Karate or Tae Kwon Doe or whatever they do.

You know it will be like we're refining ourselves, smoking pipes and reading news papers in an exclusive members only club house.

Man old school weeds awesome.

I wonder what the reason is why Muay Thai isn't in the Olympics yet. Probably a combination of being considered "too brutal" and a decent amount of bribes from the Korean TKD promoters.

As for combat sports at the Olympics, anything like a repeat of this is good in my book:

zjooA.jpg

The greatest thing about this being that it proved that TKD "combatants" are just a bunch of pillow-footed point counters instead of actual fighters.

Heel

I wonder what the reason is why Muay Thai isn't in the Olympics yet. Probably a combination of being considered "too brutal" and a decent amount of bribes from the Korean TKD promoters.

As for combat sports at the Olympics, anything like a repeat of this is good in my book:

zjooA.jpg

The greatest thing about this being that it proved that TKD "combatants" are just a bunch of pillow-footed point counters instead of actual fighters.

Speaking of, we missed the ISKA U.S. championship yesterday. Watching a replay on ESPN3. I shit you not, a guy is about to karate chop some coconuts.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ronda Rousey, Luke Rockhold, Other Strikeforce Fighters Reportedly Contractually Blocked From Moving To UFC

"They made this list of guys and they said 'these are our guys' and, even if their contract expires, they can't move to UFC. That's part of their deal with keeping this alive. So these guys are stuck."

"He [Gilbert Melendez] couldn't go to UFC. He could go to Bellator if he wanted to, but he couldn't go to the UFC.

There's a list of guys, not everyone on Showtime is on the list, but Ronda Rousey is on the list, Gilbert Melendez is on the list, Luke Rockhold is on the list...

It's for as long as Showtime broadcasts MMA."

lulz

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
alright who is Mateus on Goodreads?

Time to post an opening discussion on Hinderlands..or are you waiting for someone else to start like I am? LOL

FACE

Banned
alright who is Mateus on Goodreads?

Time to post an opening discussion on Hinderlands..or are you waiting for someone else to start like I am? LOL

Me.

Feel free to start a discussion there. I would have liked to, but I couldn't come up with anything interesting to add there even after re-reading it.

Edit: Dream, what do you think of this?

I still have to read the damn thing.

dream

I've read Life of Pi, FACE, and would be in favor of book clubbing that shit up. I think the ending would give us much to discuss.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Meltzer issued an update on this story.

I said as long as Zuffa and Showtime have a deal, they can't fight on a UFC show unless Showtime gives the okay. It's in the Zuffa/Showtime contract. (Ed. note: actually, he said "as long as Showtime broadcasts MMA." but that's unimportant)

I was told by one of the fighters who got it straight from Stephen Espinosa that certain guys are Showtime fighters as long as the Zuffa/Showtime contract is in effect. The fighter was a main guy on a list agreed to be Showtime and Zuffa when the new deal went down and the agreement was all fighters on the list are Showtime fighters as long as they are under contract to Zuffa and as long as Showtime airs Strikeforce.

Zuffa and Showtime can sign a new contract that changes the stips between Zuffa and Showtime now or when this deal expires, but he was told he can't transfer to UFC as long as the current deal is in place and could not fight on a UFC card unless Showtime gives the okay.

The fighter was told by Espinosa that in specifics because they insisted on the deal after what happened with Dan Henderson where his Strikeforce contract expired and they signed him to a new deal but brought him to UFC at a time when nobody knew the future of Strikeforce. This stip was insisted on by Showtime so something like that couldn't happen with their however many exclusive stars.

Not as bad as it initially sounded. Zuffa can apparently renegotiate at any time and at least some of the fighters agreed to be on this list.

So, why is the MMA OT all about Just "Read!!" instead of "Bleed!" Stop trying to act all smart and shit. I gave up on being smart after I was known as the guy who's a good sparing partner because I could take a good beating.

BTW, I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? because Blade Runner was based on it. First time I liked the movie better than the book. Anyone else like a movie better than the book it's based on?

FACE

Banned
So, why is the MMA OT all about Just "Read!!" instead of "Bleed!" Stop trying to act all smart and shit. I gave up on being smart after I was known as the guy who's a good sparing partner because I could take a good beating.

BTW, I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? because Blade Runner was based on it. First time I liked the movie better than the book. Anyone else like a movie better than the book it's based on?

Because we ourselves are not savages, even though we watch this savagery.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've think we've already covered the amount of downtime in this sport compared to others. Not to mention we're a small community so rather than discussing rankings ad nauseum like your standard MMA forum, we branch out to other topics.

I'm totally down to talk about combat sports at the Olympics though. I've actually begun watching Judo and Greco on youtube whenever I'm bored.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Has he always been this annoying?
Tito's always been an asshole, yes. Always complained when he didn't get FOTN. Always had an excuse when he didn't perform to expectation or felt he got "robbed".

So that was Forrest on TRT? Maybe that stuff isn't as good as I thought.
It helps you heal. It doesn't give you skill. There's no amount of drugs you can take to promote yourself from being a mediocre can.

That was a great finishing combination. Just brutal.
I hope that guy is getting checked by qualified docs, because my neuro friend had to look away when they were showing that last uppercut.

The way he fights now he would get destroyed by anderson. And Rockhold has the same problem that 99% of guys in MMA have; he doesn't know how to jab.
A lot of them dismiss jabs as being non-damaging energy wasters, but they don't realize that jabs help you gauge your distance and also keeps the guy too busy eating punches to formulate taking you down or winding up for power moves. Leg kicks sometimes serve the same purpose, but getting countered when you're throwing those can be a little more discombobulating.

The only cream you'll get from her is when she squeezes Diaz DNA out of her asshole.
I don't think Rousey is unattractive until she opens her mouth, and then you realize she's just the intelligent Diaz sibling.

Top Bottom