• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Stann can win this fight if he just goes for the kill. Bisping ain't finishing shit. Also ironically Bispings best win was vs Mayhem, who he got dominated by in the first round.....Mayhem is no longer in the UFC.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well, who has Lombard beat? I know Bisping is about a popular here as genital warts but lets remain objective.

I would say Mike should stfu about a shot until he has 2 top 10 wins, so Stann and then maybe Belcher or Weidman. On the other hand Lombard has a ton of hype for a guy fighting in the bush leagues...

In my mind Weidman is the clear contender if we need to pick one now.

Agreed, friend. Weidman has more top 10 wins in the last 6 months than Bisping does in the last 6 years. The fine folks at Fight Matrix did a good job detailing the myth that is Michael Bisping.

Fight Matrix said:
2012-01-28: L[UD] vs. [#2MW] Chael Sonnen
2011-12-03: W[TKO] vs. [#88MW] Jason Miller
2011-02-27: W[TKO] vs. [#46MW] Jorge Rivera — Listed rank, if he had not retired.
2010-10-06: W[UD] vs. [#132WW] Yoshihiro Akiyama
2010-05-29: W[UD] vs. [#42WW] Dan Miller
2010-02-09: L[UD] vs. [#23MW] Wanderlei Silva
2009-11-14: W[TKO] vs. [#88MW] Denis Kang
2009-07-11: L[KO] vs. [#2LHW] Dan Henderson

You have to put some confidence in our rankings for the purpose of this list. Now in all fairness, when analyzing the wins, nearly all of the fighters were ranked higher prior to Bisping beating them. This is the only reason that he’s as high as #14 here, but this also goes to show you that his worth is overrated, as not a single one has stayed in the division AND improved their rank. In fact, two of them have retired (Rivera and Miller). In fact, when considering the losses as well, you could certainly argue that Henderson is the only one on the list to improve his status since fighting Bisping — and we all know how that fight went.

I can only presume that Bisping holds such a lofty rating due to his visibility and also due to his competitive fight with Sonnen, which ultimately, went down as a loss. I think this begs the question, how much can a competitive three-round unanimous decision loss do for your ranking?

Heel

Let's rank title contenders. Who would you be most interested in seeing fight Anderson?

Belcher
Bisping
Lombard
Rockhold
Weidman

1. Weidman 2. Belcher 3. Lombard 4. Rockhold 5. Bisping

1. Boetsch (even though he'll probably lose tonight) :(
2. Weidman
3. Belcher
4. Bisping
5. Lombard
6. Rockhold

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Don't talk until you're only drunk when you watch a movie over and over. Alcohol and Die Hard are as mandatory as Fedor and tomato soup. :p

Well of coarse its one of the trifecta of Best Holiday Movies of all time..who watches this Lethal Weapon and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Sober?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
1. The All-American
2. Weidman
3. Rockhold
4. Boetsch
5. Belcher
6. Bisping
7. Lombard

I can dream that Stann will somehow become a contender. You think the mention of his military service was annoying already, just wait until it is played over and over for PPV commercials.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
1. Weidman
2. Rockhold
3. Lombard

Not interested in the others. Belcher losing to Akiyama sticks out to me like Bisping losing to Wanderlei.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
1) 4 man tournament (Bisping v. Stann winner, Mak v. Lombard winner, Weidman, and Belcher as the four. Rockhold is stuck in Strikeforce purgatory).
2)Weidman
3)Lombard
4)Rockhold

sizable gap in interest

5)Bisping
6)Stann
7)Belcher
8)Mak

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Ugh, knew I should have held off on Arma 2. Oh well, only a few extra bucks. Gonna buy Rayman..... really want it on Vita though.

Kung Lee Vs Silva brahs.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC149_Weighins_085.jpg

LoganStanton.jpg

not too bad

How can anyone want to see Boetsch after the beating Okami put on him? He's the only guy with any (undeserved) hype at MW that Lombard can beat.

1. Weidman
2. Belcher
3. Rockhold
4. Shields
5. Philippou
6. Le
7. Stann
8. Bisping
9. Khalidov

Boetsch is totally sent to be the guinea pig for Lombard, slower striker and weaker grappling abilities. Still hoping Boetsch does some derailing.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
can't believe how bad this Main card is turning out to be.
The prelims were great..
only thing Boetsch showed was that the Okami win was a fluke.

SteveWD40

Well that sucked. Dana agrees that if they had to pick now: Weidman, but they don't so will probably see who is still standing between Bisping, Stann, Belcher, Vitor etc...

I think some of those guys will start self harming if Rockhold leapfrogs them...

The Barabrian sucks. Vitor is the only one that can give Silva a fight at MW. I really hope Rashad decides to move down. I like the MW division but we have a huge gap between the champ and the rest of the division.

Rally for Evans @ 185

Dysun

Boetsch and Lombard are both shit and dont belong anywhere near "Title shot"

Belcher vs Vitor
Bisping vs Stann
Anderson vs Weidman

Fuck the rest

Top Bottom