• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Heel

This thread title really is perfect, isn't it? Maybe NCAA division 1 champion Mark Munoz can actually wrestle? Maybe when two talented fighters compete, someone must lose? Interesting concept.

Heel

He also beat a former UFC title contender, who earned that shot by beating Dan Miller. See how this works? Everyone is a can in the MMA rear view.

It's like no one can have a valid win anymore. Weidman made a div 1 champion look like a horrible grappler. Fact.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Munoz was ko'd by Matt Hamil, I don't blame them for questioning his standing as a contender.

Matt Hamill remains one of my big nemeses from UFC Undisputed 3. For some reason they gave him and Rampage Jackson freakish, Baby Huey strength, and that forever colors my interpretations of the real-life fighter.

yacobod

Banned
He also beat a former UFC title contender, who earned that shot by beating Dan Miller. See how this works? Everyone is a can in the MMA rear view.

It's like no one can have a valid win anymore. Weidman made a div 1 champion look like a horrible grappler. Fact.

brah you fail to see the big picture, the entire middleweight division is weak. only reason a brah like munoz was a contender in the first place was because the division is so thin.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Future can.

The mw division is great; everyone else just looks bad because Spider is so good. It's not like the Pride hw division where everyone really did suck.

Give them time, Heel. Can't look in the rear mirror until you've driven past the scattered mess of scrap metal that are last year's elite.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
brah you fail to see the big picture, the entire middleweight division is weak. only reason a brah like munoz was a contender in the first place was because the division is so thin.

Even if you're only the King of Fools, you're still the King.

289035_257179540971054_209999859022356_833217_1849863_o.jpg

Theyre all cans waiting to get opened up. Name any fighter and we can systematically invalidate their whole career. No one is safe, friends. No one.

Jon Jones is a product of Greg Jackson's shitty game planning that is ruining MMA. He also has been lucky to face a bunch of competition that is over the hill and past their prime, which will continue with his upcoming bout against Dan Henderson. If and when he ever gets some real competition we will see how limited his arsenal really is.

FACE

Banned
Jon Jones is a product of Greg Jackson's shitty game planning that is ruining MMA. He also has been lucky to face a bunch of competition that is over the hill and past their prime, which will continue with his upcoming bout against Dan Henderson. If and when he ever gets some real competition we will see how limited his arsenal really is.

Wait until BJ Penn is done bulking up, that fraud will get exposed.

Machida and Rashad are over the hill?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm just back from my weekend in Hong Kong. I heard I missed the card of the century the other night, and I'm quite sad now. :(

yacobod

Banned
Some clever trolling from frontrunnin scoot.

Heel

Thank you for shifting the focus to yet another overrated wrestler who lost to Matt Hammil via strikes.

Hamill is a beast. He has wins on his resume over Bones Jones and MW contender Mark Munoz, and was robbed of a win over potential no.1 contender Michael Bisping.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This thread title really is perfect, isn't it? Maybe NCAA division 1 champion Mark Munoz can actually wrestle? Maybe when two talented fighters compete, someone must lose? Interesting concept.

so, which is it? is munoz a can now that he lost? or is weidman now unstoppable because he won?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Both, they are not mutually exclusive. See Overeem, Alistair.

sorry, my point wasnt clear. heel seems to be making a dig at those of us that dont think munoz is very good (not a new opinion of mine btw) by mocking "us" with the thread title. i was pointing out that he, and others, are already building up weidman more then he is deserving. the flip side of the very fitting thread title.

but, like everything with MMAgaf these days - i'm not sure why i bother posting. weeding through all the trolling to get to honest opinions has become increasing difficult.

yacobod

Banned
tbh brah, what's there to discuss in mma?

product has gone stale, injuries, lack of personalities, and over-saturation of the product, have all hurt the ultimate in the last year.

but don't worry there will be another shitty card to buy for 65 bucks in 2 weeks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Who else at 185 has done more to deserve a title shot? Regardless of what anyone thinks about Weidman, he has the best resume of all the would be contenders.

FACE

Banned

product has gone stale, injuries, lack of personalities, and over-saturation of the product, have all hurt the ultimate in the last year.

but don't worry there will be another shitty card to buy for 65 bucks in 2 weeks.

There's also a shitty fox card brah.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

Hey, it's 3 weeks for the next shitty ppv. The shitty card in 2 weeks is free on Fox.
edit: beaten by pitbull

FACE

Banned
149 made me question if I really want to keep watching this "sport".

Edit: I may have been overly dramatic about it in the nerd chat.

FACE

Banned
So glad i wasn't around then, but then again it's wonderful that all the negative energy i've pumped into the thread over the years has begun to permeate.

As someone said in the nerd chat the best fight on the main card was Matthew Riddle's fight, then you realize in horror that Matthew Riddle was fighting on the main card.

Edit: The best thing about 149 was seeing a horse posing as a ring girl.

As someone said in the nerd chat, the best fight on the main card was Matthew Riddle's fight, then you realize in horror that Matthew Riddle was fighting on the main card.

Dream said that. Riddle was Also the best part of the presser. Yaco missed one hell of a promo that saw Riddle get a fight with Dan Hardy... lol

Top Bottom