• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Looking at the Fox card, it looks like Phil Davis is demoted to fighting cans. How the hell do you go from fighting the #2 contender to a no name? Also Meathead is reduced to fodder as well.

FACE

Banned
Looking at the Fox card, it looks like Phil Davis is demoted to fighting cans. How the hell do you go from fighting the #2 contender to a no name? Also Meathead is reduced to fodder as well.

Same thing happened to Brian Stann and that worked out pretty well for him.

I love the way that Weidman continually gets overlooked, gonna be incredible when this "nobody" destroys Silva.

This guy would definitely f*ck up everyone else in MW including Vitors' old ass

Chamber

love on your sleeve

We joke about guys getting exposed whenever they lose but Phil Davis was EXPOSED in the truest sense of the word. He looked so bad against Rashad, I feel like he should retire and take up a new career. I can't ever see him threatening the top of the division.

Boetsch and Lombard are both shit and dont belong anywhere near "Title shot"

Belcher vs Vitor
Bisping vs Stann
Anderson vs Weidman

Fuck the rest
Based on Uncle Dana's comments, I wouldn't be surprised if we get Weidman/Mak as a #1 contender fight. Dana was obviously rooting for Hector and probably would have announced Silva/Lombard if he had won.

I still think there is no one deserving of a title shot in that division yet. Weidman is the closest but let's see him beat Franklin or Vitor first. I wonder if Dana would just gift Evans a title shot if just decides to go to MW, this gives time for a true deserving contender to emerge.

The LHW division will look like after the Jones/Hendo fight despite the outcome. Shogun, Machida, Evans and Rampage are coming off loses, Little Nog has been inactive, Forrest is nowhere near contention and Bader and Davis just suck.

The HW division might be the division with the most deserving contenders. Overeem, Werdum, DC and Dana wants Cain to fight JDS again.

I thought Franklin looked really good aganist Wand. Way better than how Munoz looked vs Weidman. That was embarrassing. Also a 2012 Wand not as bad as everyone thinks. He'd still put an ass whooping on Bitchping.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Munoz looked bad because Weidman made him look bad. People aren't grasping that. His game planning and execution were masterful.

I want to see Weidman/Belfort only because of the style implications. Weidman is above Vitor though, make no mistake.

SteveWD40

I thought Franklin looked really good aganist Wand. Way better than how Munoz looked vs Weidman. That was embarrassing. Also a 2012 Wand not as bad as everyone thinks. He'd still put an ass whooping on Bitchping.

You bring Bipsing up a lot, me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Munoz looked bad because Weidman made him look bad. People aren't grasping that. His game planning and execution were masterful.

I want to see Weidman/Belfort only because of the style implications. Weidman is above Vitor though, make no mistake.

Victor Gracie by KO.

Heel

Chamber is right about the Munoz fight.

It appears beating Victor Gracie will legitimize Chris Weidman in the eyes of a lot of fans. I don't think beating Bisping, Belcher or Boetsch would have the same effect.

Heading straight into Weidman vs. Silver would be fine by me, but it would have very little sizzle until more people believe the hype.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fat, gassed out Anthony Johnson was taking Belfort down at will. Thank God for those quick stand ups in Brazil.

Weidman via Round 2 sub.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
I don't see Weidman beating Vitor at all. Vitor is just too much of a beast and hasn't slowed down much over the years.

just sayin...

icikxI.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
9gwrh5.gif

Gracie BJJ black belt Old Vitor by whatever he feels like.

*edit*

How can you forget he has jesus on his side friends?

TheNatural

My Member!
So reading fallout from last night, Dana always seems to pass the blame to the refs or whatever for shitty cards.

Ever think a card is just shit because it as made that way Dana?

Wait for the crap fest the FOX card will be.

yacobod

Banned
your good friend yacobod just returned from a 3 day bender in las vegas, how was the ultimate card yesterday friends.

it appears it was as bad as expected, and it's funny that my best friend dream and i's warnings of the poor ultimate future are coming true.

your good friend yacobod just returned from a 3 day bender in las vegas, how was the ultimate card yesterday friends.

it appears it was as bad as expected, and it's funny that my best friend dream and i's warnings of the poor ultimate future are coming true.

Did you hit up any of the pool parties or clubs? Marquee is the shit

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

You missed the entire nerd chat being one shitty fight away from collectively slitting our wrists.

Why didn't Capt enjoy it?

Let's rank title contenders. Who would you be most interested in seeing fight Anderson?
Weidman
Belcher
Rockhold
Lombard
Bisping
Makler

Then by who I would like to be the one to fedorize Silva:

Makler
Bisping
Lombard
Rockhold
Belcher
Weidman

Hrm?

Also I enjoyed Batman for what it was: good action movie with pretty good interpretation of comic book characters. It was really long, but probably not as long as the UFC must have felt like.

None of my friends wanted to watch UFC after sitting through a 3 hour movie, and I wasn't going to argue. Spent the rest of the day at the beach.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Munoz looked bad because of that hideous haircut.

FACE

Banned

You missed this(quoted verbatim): "yamato: you saying Nate and Nick are not good dick? "

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ichael-phelps-for-being-a-jerk/1#.UA1FYaOQNZ8

And in other Ronda Rousey-related news, she shared this little piece of advice on the dos and dons of the Olympics experience:

"There's a lot of beautiful people from other countries in the best shape of their life, in the entire world, all coming together in one village. My only advice … is condoms. Please. Because all these people, all gorgeous, from all over the world … I'm just saying: Be safe, people."

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
From Weidman's post-fight interview, sounded to me like he has Jesus on his side too. :p
Never forget the capricious nature of Jesus' blessings.

So reading fallout from last night, Dana always seems to pass the blame to the refs or whatever for shitty cards.

Ever think a card is just shit because it as made that way Dana?
You're expecting a megalomaniac to experience a sense of agency with failure?

Classy. She talks and acts like a female Dana White.
Actually, the Olympic Village throws condoms at the atheletes because they know good and well it's going to be Fuck Fest 2012.

Top Bottom