• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
andy_kaufman_l.jpg

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So what deals have you guys got on Steam sale so far?

I'm about to get Far Cry 2. Edit, clicked it :/

So far I got Payday, ARMA 2 for Zombies and Sniper Elite V2.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So it appears that Logan has returned (with a new set of bolt-ons). Unless I'm seeing things in this shitty stream.

edit: and Rachelle Leah

Uncle Dana smells $$$ in Lombard. He's already sponsored by UFC.

I swear Uncle Dana said it wasn't true in his 149 scrum. Maybe he meant that it wasn't true yet. Like how it's completely crazy that SF fighters can't sign with the UFC if they leave SF. Oh you mean while the SF Showtime contract still exists? Ok, ya that's true.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Gotta give fake-ass wannabe Wanderlei Silva Amoussou props. That flying heel hook was awesome.

edit: lol he called Askren Lay-n-prayer. Amoussou has official gone over for me and turned face.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
During the weigh ins for 149 they announced Faber as former UFC featherweight champ.

So that means Chase Beebe and "Razor" Rob McCullough were former UFC champs.

Bisping is delusional if he thinks he deserves a title shot. He bashes Lombard about who hes beat, yet who has Bisping beat? dumb ass. Bitching his way to a title shot.

SteveWD40

Bisping is delusional if he thinks he deserves a title shot. He bashes Lombard about who hes beat, yet who has Bisping beat? dumb ass. Bitching his way to a title shot.

Well, who has Lombard beat? I know Bisping is about a popular here as genital warts but lets remain objective.

I would say Mike should stfu about a shot until he has 2 top 10 wins, so Stann and then maybe Belcher or Weidman. On the other hand Lombard has a ton of hype for a guy fighting in the bush leagues...

In my mind Weidman is the clear contender if we need to pick one now.

Short basically.
Thanks, I got that from the hand motions, but he calls him something specific. He says like, "I thought someone was playing a joke. Seriously? Who's this little ____"

Also:

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/7/21/3173590/dana-white-tim-sylvia-not-signed-to-strikeforce

Just hours after it was reported that the former UFC heavyweight champion had agreed to a contract to fight Daniel Cormier on Sept. 29 in Strikeforce, UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMA.tv that Sylvia had not in fact signed with the organization.

"Long story," he was quoted as saying, "but yes, Tim is not with Zuffa."
C9G6w.png

LOLOLOLOL

Well, who has Lombard beat? I know Bisping is about a popular here as genital warts but lets remain objective.

I would say Mike should stfu about a shot until he has 2 top 10 wins, so Stann and then maybe Belcher or Weidman. On the other hand Lombard has a ton of hype for a guy fighting in the bush leagues...

In my mind Weidman is the clear contender if we need to pick one now.

Lombard has a long streak and is a champ in another org. Lets see what he can do with Tim before we jump to conclusions on a title shot for him. Bisping is way out of line. He won 1 round vs Sonnen and the guy thinks hes the saving grace of the MW division. If anybody deserves Anderson RIGHT NOW, I would say Vitor in a rematch. He is on a 2 fight win streak, legend, good record and is probably the biggest threat to Anderson at MW now.

SteveWD40

Lombard has a long streak and is a champ in another org. Lets see what he can do with Tim before we jump to conclusions on a title shot for him. Bisping is way out of line. He won 1 round vs Sonnen and the guy thinks hes the saving grace of the MW division. If anybody deserves Anderson RIGHT NOW, I would say Vitor in a rematch. He is on a 2 fight win streak, legend, good record and is probably the biggest threat to Anderson at MW now.

Yeah but a long streak of crushing cans, not trying to argue as defending Bisping on the internet is like plating fog.

Bisping is deluded and a bit of a tool yes but he has better wins than Lomard, hell Vitor's best win at MW recently is Akiyama who Mike beat.

Scraping a loss by 1 point to the number 2 MW is why he is even being allowed to say the word "title" without Dana shooting him down, plus Belcher and co all want to fight him as they know a win over him would get them a shot, so you can see why he feels he can (after a win) lobby for it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wait, Rachelle Leah is back for 149 too?

Hmm, maybe I'll head to a bar after Batman. These are good omens.

Can Cheese or someone who understands Bisping translate this into American for me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMoLebBQnE

What did he call Lombard when he saw him in the elevator?

"poison dwarf" - A selfish, untrustworthy, deeply obnoxious or evil person of diminutive size, whose ostensibly unthreatening appearance allows them to fulfil their predisposition for causing unprovoked pain and suffering in an under-hand manner for anyone who has the misfortune to strike-up a friendship them. (urban dictionary)

also, love the dig at belcher's horrific tattoo, lol.

Heel

I respect Bisping for calling Joe Silva to ask for a fight with Weidman over Stann.

Very interested to hear Uncle Dana's plans for 185 after the card tonight.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I respect Bisping for calling Joe Silva to ask for a fight with Weidman over Stann.

Didn't he say it was being announced tonight?

Edit: I hate the iPad autocorrect.

SteveWD40

He was pretty candid about Joe Silva's response as well, which was essentially stfu.

Didn't he say it we seeing announced tonight?

Yeah, which indicates if Lomard wins he does, if he loses then they are down to picking names out of a hat of the current guys in the mix.

Top Bottom