• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dan Hardy said he on twitter he had no interest in the fight. The question is if Dan Hardy has any power over who his opponent is.

SteveWD40

Well he is fighting Sadollah in September so until late this year Riddle would be out and at his pay grade that's not good.

He is doing exactly what Dan did when he called out Marcus Davis.

lol at Dana during the post fight.

"Sportscenter called and wanted this guys knockout, I mean this card.....it was going in the right direction"

The way he was trying to reach....almost master troll status

did you guys see this re-enactment of Diaz/Condit yet?

0435_upk4g.gif

For reasons I've yet to determine that looks like every Ryan Martinez fight I've ever seen.

(Martinez being the penguin for the uninitiated)

I dunno, I didn't expect him to fall as fast as he did, but I questioned how he would do since he went into the UFC saying he wasn't going to train in a cage cuz he didn't think it mattered. He was also way small for the UFC hws.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I dunno, I didn't expect him to fall as fast as he did, but I questioned how he would do since he went into the UFC saying he wasn't going to train in a cage cuz he didn't think it mattered. He was also way small for the UFC hws.

Dude randy was holding the belt. This was just after randy stomped a mudhole in timmay's carcass.

Dude randy was holding the belt. This was just after randy stomped a mudhole in timmay's carcass.
Ya, but Randy is Randy. Actually I wasn't sure how he would do in hw at that time either. He went to lhw in the first place cuz guys were too big for him. He only went back cuz Timmay sucked. I thought Gonzaga would be too much for him but then turned out Gonzaga sucked too, but Crocop just sucked worse.

I think Randy even said he wanted Crocop to beat Gonzaga cuz he thought that would be a better stylistic match for him. Ie, he could hold Crocop against the fence without much problem cuz they were around the same weight.

If Randy had gone to Pride to fight in hw, I would have thought that was bad too cuz his game is made for the cage.

I'm hoping he sticks to his bread and butter with the grappling and makes a comeback. Could you imagine Marku Huntu and Gonzaga fighting for the UFC heavyweight belt?
In this Second Dark Age, yes, I can.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ya, but Randy is Randy. Actually I wasn't sure how he would do in hw at that time either. He went to lhw in the first place cuz guys were too big for him. He only went back cuz Timmay sucked. I thought Gonzaga would be too much for him but then turned out Gonzaga sucked too, but Crocop just sucked worse.

I think Randy even said he wanted Crocop to beat Gonzaga cuz he thought that would be a better stylistic match for him. Ie, he could hold Crocop against the fence without much problem cuz they were around the same weight.

If Randy had gone to Pride to fight in hw, I would have thought that was bad too cuz his game is made for the cage.

In this Second Dark Age, yes, I can.

HW division was abysmal at the time. Weakest it had ever been. Dana threw a party when Randy beat Tim just cause he was so happy to get rid of him. CC's issue wasn't size. Having the mental fortitude of a 6 year old was his problem.

TheNatural

My Member!
Apparently, HHH just kicked Brock's ass.

Sad this is the only thing to talk about in MMA lately. Crappy Guida, crappy Brazil, bad Strikeforce, and atrocity of the year Calgary cards all in a months time. Silva destroyed Chael so that troll has been taken to the curb, Fedor retired so that can has been taken to the recycling center.

Doesn't leave much to talk about until Thunder Dan vs Bones in a month plus.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Michael Bisping said:
"In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though."

"This is the real main event of UFC 152."
Other than calling himself a hard-hitting guy and saying he'll knock out Stann (I think he decisions him), I 100% agree. This flyweight farce gots to go, not even the fighters respect it.

HW division was abysmal at the time. Weakest it had ever been. Dana threw a party when Randy beat Tim just cause he was so happy to get rid of him. CC's issue wasn't size. Having the mental fortitude of a 6 year old was his problem.
In hindsight ya, but at the time it was still a question of where Timmay and AA would fit with the hws in Pride, at least in my mind. Timmay was way bigger than Fedor, Crocop, and Big Nog.

I hated Timmay by then too but I still remember his good fights with Cabbage and Ricco, who were also names at the time. Well, I dunno how much of a name Cabbage was, but he was from Hilo so he was a name to us. His face is still on the TUF gym wall.

Yaco also missed Dream going on a mini-racist rant about Koreans because I mentioned that I had a couple soju cocktails.
I just remembered this while at work.

Heel

I respect the flyweight division for the simple fact that the vast majority of fights have been solid if not spectacular.

They just signed Useless Gomez to replace McCall. Tachi Palace never die.

I like Randy, but he would have sucked in Pride. His game is meant for the cage. Also AA was never that good. I am a fan of the guy and he just can't take a hit for shit. He even fought better comp outside the UFC and got destroyed.

FACE

Banned
Ya, I felt sick after. And it was only partially because the event started at 7 am here and the bar made us buy shitty breakfast plates of spam, egg, and hard, leftover rice.

In this Bad MMA down time, shall we read a story? Say, Bradbury's Veldt? http://veddma.narod.ru/Veldt.htm

We should make a book club nerd chat.

Yaco also missed Dream going on a mini-racist rant about Koreans because I mentioned that I had a couple soju cocktails.
I just remembered this while at work.

He also said you'll never be Korean, no matter how hard you try or how much you want to. I found that hilarious(and true).

yacobod

Banned
We should make a book club nerd chat.

I'll be honest, I read that sci-fi hinterlands story for about 5 minutes and quit. Not something I would ever read on my own.

He also said you'll never be Korean, no matter how hard you try or how much you want to. I found that hilarious(and true).

give capt a break, he's a self loathing mexican who happens to be a south korean otaku.

Weidman just needs to go for it. It pretty much guarantees him a title shot if he beats Vitor. Though, theres really nobody else who deserves a shot.

Edit - "Here in Brasil"

f*ck that noise, Weidman doesn't have to go to brazil to fight him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I propose a revised version of mmagaf ban pool/league. Instead of guessing how long it will take Poly to get banned, we should now bet to see who gets banned faster in a time period, Ninja or Poly.

Top Bottom