• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hapa vs. Bigfoot for FX 5 in October. Not mad at that match up.

Beating Bigfoot will definitely make Browne a name. I'd put good money on Hapa following in Cormier and Cain's steps as being better than Fedor.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm down for Shogun getting another shot if he beats Vera.

[...]

If Hendo beats Jones than you have the rematch of the century, if Jones beats Hendo than you have the revenge fight of the century. If Machida beats Bader than we can possibly see Machida/Shogun 3 for the title.

Please tell me you're joking.

I know you're a Shogun fan and all that, but you're swimming into a waterfall of insanity if you think that a one-win-streak against Vera makes you No. 1 contender material.

I still think Gus is too green and hasn't been overly impressive IMO.

He's in an unfortunate position where he needs to be fighting dudes like Rashad, Machida or Shogun to fully prove himself... yet they're all tied up. For Gus to fight anyone else in the division is just another tune-up fight he's proved that he doesn't need. Hopefully when his time comes he doesn't choke like Phil did against Rashad.

Please tell me you're joking.

I know you're a Shogun fan and all that, but you're swimming into a waterfall of insanity if you think that a one-win-streak against Vera makes you No. 1 contender material.

I am not saying he deserves the shot at all, I am saying I would be down for him to get a shot. After all hes my fav fighter. Realistically I would rather see Lyoto fight Bones again than anyone else.

Heel

I am not saying he deserves the shot at all, I am saying I would be down for him to get a shot. After all hes my fav fighter. Realistically I would rather see Lyoto fight Bones again than anyone else.

i7r9xAdQ6YjGb.gif

yacobod

Banned
and SHFH at people saying they rather see the corpses of Ryuto Machida or Fatgun Rua fight JBJ than the young mauler?

you guys are retarded. both guys got beaten like red headed step childs and didn't look like they belong in the Ultimate against young bones jones.

the old lions need to back up and let the young guys go at it.

and SHFH at people saying they rather see the corpses of Ryuto Machida or Fatgun Rua fight JBJ than the young mauler?

you guys are retarded. both guys got beaten like red headed step childs and didn't look like they belong in the Ultimate against young bones jones.

Agreed

CaptOtaku be a man and eat some red meat and drink some bourbon whiskey.
But soju is good. Also I'm the only white person here.

So you would rather see a green young fighter that has not proven himself get murdered by Jones? Getting a UD win over T.Silva does not sell him into a title fight. Lets see him fight Evans or even have Sonnen or Vitor move to 205 and fight him before he gets his crack at Bones. Sorry, even Fatgun and Ryu's corpse have been more impressive than Gus.

Maybe if the young lions wouldn't keep blowing their chances than maybe they would get their shot. Davis and Bader suck and blew it, what makes me believe Gus can hang?

yacobod

Banned
so what did Fatgun Rua deserve to get a title shot besides getting buttfucked by JBJ and Hendo in consecutive fights? reality is fatgun has looked bad in more of his fights in the ultimate than he's looked good.

is getting beat up in your last 2 fights really impressive?

Heel

Wrapped up two weeks of jury duty today.

At one point an expert witness for the defense actually said "You're making chicken salad out of chicken droppings."

yacobod

Banned
Well we know that Shogun wont fight Gus, ducking dudes like it aint no thing.

and why would we give a title shot to a guy who can't even be bothered to get in shape for a fight. he's a smaller guy at 205# and he doesn't even come in great shape. dude is a middleweight.

if he had any heart, he'd get his ass in shape, drop down to 205#, and give us a superfight with anderson.

so what did Fatgun Rua deserve to get a title shot besides getting buttfucked by JBJ and Hendo in consecutive fights? reality is fatgun has looked bad in more of his fights in the ultimate than he's looked good.

is getting beat up in your last 2 fights really impressive?

Last 2 fights? He beat Forrest in the 1st round via destruction and just had a competitive war with the no#1 contender Hendo that could have been a draw. Also Shogun never ducked Gus, he actually wanted to fight him. You can make a case that he ducked Glover, no arguments there.

yacobod

Banned
The Spider weaves an intricate web of lies and deceit, friend.

I'm ok with this fight because I'd like watching GSP get knocked out on 360 Anderson Cooper BLVD.

and can we not use a win over Forrest Cannin as a positive because Tito Ortiz knocked Forrest on his ass two or three times standing last ppv.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

The problem with 205 is that the "young" guys are Gus, Phil, Ryan Bader and Stanislav Nedkov. Hell the last two are pushing 30 and aren't really young.
Unless they test for weed then BJ should be fine. I'd be more worried about Rory. His acne is a little suspect and he IS a disciple of GSP...

I still laugh everytime someone says "205 is stacked".

A few years ago it damn well was. Wand, Chuck, Forrest, Shogun, Rampage, Little Nog, Tito, Evans, Hendo and Machida. You can also add in some wild cards that were doing well at the time like Theigo Silva, Keith Jardine and Sokoudjo. Very star studed roster right there. Problem is that the future prospects are lacking compared to say...the lower weight classes.

Norml

Diaz wants Silva.
It’s been a trying time these last 4 months as I have been faced with the prospect that one of our team’s most talented fighters had decided to leave the sport. As a fan I’ve always admired what both of the Diaz’s brought to the cage; a combination of technical brilliance and raw violence.

Nate Diaz has finally put his game together and found the formula to propel him to the top of the 155lbs division. To see Nick leave at the top of his game was difficult.

For the last couple of months I’ve watched Nick begin to frequent the gym more and more. He’s training harder now than he has for many of his fights. It was obvious that training and fighting is in his DNA. It is who he is.
This week we had a great talk and he made it clear to me that he is ready to get back to the cage. Nick Diaz will return.

To address the NSAC suspension, I will say that we have appealed to the courts and if things go our way, it will be plausible that Nick could return as early as sometime at the end of this year.
For too long NSAC bureaucrats have acted with malicious incompetence towards the fighters. We will challenge them in court.

As far as future opponents, Nick has stated that he would like to take fights “that matter”. Since GSP will be fighting Condit, he has to look elsewhere. He will respectfully ask for a fight with Anderson Silva, a fighter he respects and would like to challenge.

Silva’s camp has been speaking of a fight with GSP, possibly even at a catch weight. Nick will take that fight in a minute but has told me that should Silva decide not to drop at all, he will move up to 185lbs to face the Champ.

I will be meeting with Dana next Monday August 6th to discuss this and other issues. If you appreciate Nick’s fighting style, please let Dana know that you want Nick back ASAP.

Thank you and best regards,
Cesar Gracie

Top Bottom