• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
And Heel wants to know why Shogun chose Vera over Glover?
Probably a private bet for a go at each others' wives.

What about Frank Mir losing in a Strikefarce cage, friend? What about that? I might have to buy a ticket to this one.
Myrrh's only chance is to shave his head again and do a weird, "come in when the ref ain't lookin" triple tag team match with Kurt Angle and Frank Trigg.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If Bisping was willing to take that fight again he would deserve anyones respect, plus it wouldn't prove anything at MW for Hendo, re-match a guy he nearly killed a few years ago? Vitor, Franklin or Weidman would be better fights for him.

"A dude like Bisping" = some fighter with a name who would legitimise a title shot.

That said, if a title shot was on the line then I'm sure Bisping would jump head-first into a rematch with Hendo.

SteveWD40

"A dude like Bisping" = some fighter with a name who would legitimise a title shot.

That said, if a title shot was on the line then I'm sure Bisping would jump head-first into a rematch with Hendo.

Ah fair enough.

and yes, if he really wants to fight Silva then he would need to be able to deal with Hendo again, sadly I think he looked scared shit-less the first time and that would only be magnified now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Henderson should have to redeem himself against Shields if he wants Anderson again.

Actually I think Dan would rather fight at Heavyweight than have to cut weight again.

industrian

Henderson should have to redeem himself against Shields if he wants Anderson again.

IMO Shields is the dark horse of the Middleweight division right now. He should breeze by Herman, and then get a top 10 competitor to prove himself again. I wouldn't be surprised if he can wrestlefuck himself into the top 5 by the end of 2013.

Actually I think Dan would rather fight at Heavyweight than have to cut weight again.

IIRC, Hendo has a tough time gaining weight. I remember him saying he struggled to make weight for the Fedor fight (he weighed in at 207) and just ended up drinking a shitload of water.

yacobod

Banned
your good friend yacobod is visiting mother russia in august for business. i'll be in st. petersburg but don't count out a side trip to stary oskol.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

nobody-but-you-o.gif

Heel

Check the Kimo story on Middle Easy. What in the fuck?

I think this confirms Kimos death and his subsequent zombie reanimation.

Heel

Is that KOTC Tony Lopez?

Rick Roufus? Isn't he 100 years old?

Yes, friends. Plus the Kimbo Killer himself. Plus the 16-17 Mighty Mo.

Two of these men will qualify for the HWGP. Think about that.

Have you seen the prices for this shit?

I'm afraid to look. Sucks because there was a point in time where it looked like the kickboxing elite were going to have a card in L.A. Now we're thoroughly in the "so bad its good" category reserved for nerd chat amusement. What a let down.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'd rather K-1 die than continue in the sorry state its in. This is literally Bad MMA but in K-1. To continue further, K-1 right now is the kickboxing version of current Jens Pulver.

inb4 Jens Pulver is announced on a K-1 card in the future.

industrian

New Poll Suggests American Support for MMA as an Olympic Sport

MMA in the Olympics?! El oh el.

BJJ would be great in the Olympics. Muay Thai would be a welcome addition but watered down like hell. But MMA? Really? The rules would be cut up and fucked around with so hard that it would make lacrosse or field hockey seem exciting. Not to mention you'd probably just end up with the Wrestling B-team taking part in it.

Is this a result of people still believing that "the Olympics are for the highest of the elite world-class athletes and sportsmen to prove that they are the highest of the elite world-class athletes and sportsmen" company line?

Invicta 2 tomorrow night. Hopefully I wont forget to watch it this time.

_____

Matt Hume announced as VP of Operations for OneFC

"At ONE FC, Mr Hume is responsible for matchmaking as well as new fighter signings. He is also responsible for safety, rules, and regulations at ONE FC."

At 7pm est / 4pm pst Gracie camp "will be posting a statement regarding Nick Diaz's future on graciefighter.com," according to a tweet from his coach and manager, Cesar Gracie, who also said Diaz was only "temporarily retired" during an update just last month.

-mmamania

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
At 7pm est / 4pm pst Gracie camp "will be posting a statement regarding Nick Diaz's future on graciefighter.com," according to a tweet from his coach and manager, Cesar Gracie, who also said Diaz was only "temporarily retired" during an update just last month.

-mmamania

I think someone didnt get the memo when they were assigning a meaning to the term 'retirement'.

I wish we were getting Barnett vs Mir and DC vs Carwin or something

I'm down for Shogun getting another shot if he beats Vera. I still think Gus is too green and hasn't been overly impressive IMO. If Hendo beats Jones than you have the rematch of the century, if Jones beats Hendo than you have the revenge fight of the century. If Machida beats Bader than we can possibly see Machida/Shogun 3 for the title.

Top Bottom