• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also, no MMA tomorrow night makes me sad.

But hey, we get the Invicta 2 womens BadMMA though!

Invicta-FC-2-poster_large.jpeg

iLLmAtlc

Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz would be a legit amazing matchup. I'm sick of seeing UFC's idea of entertainment being "let's match up the best striker we have who is a marginal wrestler with a bunch of wrestlers who want to blanket him to death." What ever happened to putting on a great fight?

To me, Nick Diaz is one of the best fighters in the world and creates an awesome stylistic matchup, so let's get it done.

We just need everyone to get over the fact that he lost his last fight by a very close margin. It doesn't change the quality of fighter that he is or the skills that he brings to the table.

Who am I kidding though the UFC will never make this matchup because Diaz is coming off a loss. This is the same guy who was on a 11 fight win streak with 9 finishes and a legit P4P contender before that close loss. To me he has as much credibility as any other fighter they could match him with at 185 but they would never look at it like that.

Norml

Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz would be a legit amazing matchup. I'm sick of seeing UFC's idea of entertainment being "let's match up the best striker we have who is a marginal wrestler with a bunch of wrestlers who want to blanket him to death." What ever happened to putting on a great fight?

To me, Nick Diaz is one of the best fighters in the world and creates an awesome stylistic matchup, so let's get it done.

We just need everyone to get over the fact that he lost his last fight by a very close margin. It doesn't change the quality of fighter that he is or the skills that he brings to the table.

Who am I kidding though the UFC will never make this matchup because Diaz is coming off a loss. This is the same guy who was on a 11 fight win streak with 9 finishes and a legit P4P contender before that close loss. To me he has as much credibility as any other fighter they could match him with at 185 but they would never look at it like that.

Silva's manager wants it.
https://twitter.com/edblackhouse

Ya, it'd be an exciting fight. I think Nick should pressure Silva right away, don't give him his feeling out period, or make him back up while doing it. I give him 3 minutes before he's sleeping.

My car stalled on a hill on the freeway tonight. Got a free tow from the feds, although now it's parked overnight in an industrial area. Nothing of value in it but hope I don't have to replace windows tomorrow. And then I have to find someone to look at it tomorrow.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
205 tournament:

-Shogun vs Glover (if both win upcoming fights)
-Machida vs Gus (if Machida wins his)
-Winners face for a shot at Jones

-Rashad is an alternate

Thoughts?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm pretty confident of Glover getting a title shot if he beats Rampage. That kind of victory would make him the only viable contender when you factor in win streaks, maturity and - of course - the visibility of being put over by Rampage.

Gus will be paired with the winner of Shogun/Vera or Machida/Bader. Gus needs to be fighting top 5 dudes now to finalise his maturity from prospect to contender.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fuck ya cunts, that Batman movie was pretty good. Snuck a bottle of rum in there. 11 standard drinks my ass. 3 good ones at the most. Anyways cant wait for it to come out on BD so I can smoke a HAAAA UGEEEEE bunga and get drunk and watch the 3 movies.

205 tournament:

-Shogun vs Glover (if both win upcoming fights)
-Machida vs Gus (if Machida wins his)
-Winners face for a shot at Jones

-Rashad is an alternate

Thoughts?

Kill ya self.

MMAGAF on them Timedong nuts, fuck y'all.

Possibly good bye, good friends, see you in Nerd Chat.

FACE

Banned
Fuck ya cunts, that Batman movie was pretty good. Snuck a bottle of rum in there. 11 standard drinks my ass. 3 good ones at the most. Anyways cant wait for it to come out on BD so I can smoke a HAAAA UGEEEEE bunga and get drunk and watch the 3 movies.

Kill ya self.

MMAGAF on them Timedong nuts, fuck y'all.

Possibly good bye, good friends, see you in Nerd Chat.

This post makes no sense.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jocelyn Lybarger 0 - 0 - 0 vs Cheryl Chan 0 - 0 - 0
Jessica Philippus 0 - 0 - 0 vs Liz McCarthy 0 - 0 - 0

someones "0" must go!

I wanted to watch but depends on my car situation. Anyone know about cars? It starts fine but stalls eventually and I smell gas so I think it is maybe a leaky fuel line. No engine warning light. First sign of problem was it being sluggish on freeway, and then when I hit heavy traffic going up a hill, it died. Restarted fine so I got it to the shoulder and up to the flat part of the hill. Never had problems with this car before.

Heel

Wow, I see that the Hawaiian dayjobber who put over McMann on the first ProElite card will be back in action. Nunes might legit kill her.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Count me in for Invicta, friends.

I'm pretty confident of Glover getting a title shot if he beats Rampage. That kind of victory would make him the only viable contender when you factor in win streaks, maturity and - of course - the visibility of being put over by Rampage.

Gus will be paired with the winner of Shogun/Vera or Machida/Bader. Gus needs to be fighting top 5 dudes now to finalise his maturity from prospect to contender.

Glover is not getting a title shot with a 2-0 UFC record, one of those wins being Kyle Kingsbury. He is just a prospect, not a superstar like Overeem and Diaz and other guys who got that kind of treatment.

Whoever doesn't get the next title shot between Shogun and Machida will probably fight Gus. Glover will get Rashad assuming Rampage doesn't send him back to the streets of Brazil. And yes, I'm counting Bader out against Machida.

I wanted to watch but depends on my car situation. Anyone know about cars? It starts fine but stalls eventually and I smell gas so I think it is maybe a leaky fuel line. No engine warning light. First sign of problem was it being sluggish on freeway, and then when I hit heavy traffic going up a hill, it died. Restarted fine so I got it to the shoulder and up to the flat part of the hill. Never had problems with this car before.
What kind of car do you have?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Nick "BUT I GOT THAT TAKEDOWN" Diaz
It will slip off of the Vaseline glaze and Canderson will send Diaz back to the 7-11, hunting for Cheetos in a post-medical marijuana haze.

anyone else watching the olympics opening ceremony?

awful i think, what was boyle thinking...
I liked the first part, but the kids jumping on the beds was really stupid. Bonus points for convincing the HRM to jump out of a helicopter.

Heel

anyone else watching the olympics opening ceremony?

awful i think, what was boyle thinking...

The chanting while the forged rings moved together was pretty damn awesome. Mr. Bean, JK Rowling, Mayhem's entrance theme, and a dance dedicated to the internet and social media, however...

I can't believe I'm watching archery lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The chanting while the forged rings moved together was pretty damn awesome. Mr. Bean, JK Rowling, Mayhem's entrance theme, and a dance dedicated to the internet and social media, however...

I can't believe I'm watching archery lol
Disappointed, friend. Judo is on and you're watching Archery.

Smh...

Heel

Yam, I am very sorry to report that 'merican archery just upset South Korea to advance to the gold medal match. We are unstoppable.

Friends, I'm currently reading Skeletons of the Zahara (fascinating book btw) and thought of you all when I came across the following line on page 182:

"Yesterday," he muttered to Robbins, "good Dick brought me some cooked snails."

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Really debating whether to watch Invicta or go through my Steam Summer sale stuff.

edit: ^^^^^^^^ 2 hours, 15 minutes

Top Bottom