• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

yacobod

Banned
OK guys I've got the perfect UFC on FOX 4 title:

Not even that I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and that I'll look anyone in the eyes, calm and resolved from a thousand fights.

UFC on FOX 4: Train BJJ & Been in 1000 fights.

yacobod

Banned
Heel friend, who said the following:

Not even that I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and that I'll look anyone in the eyes, calm and resolved from a thousand fights.

A. Lyoto Machida
B. Shogun Rua
C. Ryan Bader
D. Brandon Vera
E. Rickson Gracie
F. None of the Above

The Black Dragon Ron van Clief trains bjj at my friend's gym. I didn't even know he lived here.

XCbrr.jpg

Well I'm sure the top 20 at Lightweight wouldn't do so hot at Welterweight either. You feel me, brah?

The weight discripency between MW and LHW is pretty minor. Most are the same size and I can go as far to say that most fighters in the MW division are just dehydrated LHWs. Look how many cross over Vitor, Wand, Silva, Sonnen, Bisping, Franklin, Munoz.......

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The weight discripency between MW and LHW is pretty minor. Most are the same size and I can go as far to say that most fighters in the MW division are just dehydrated LHWs. Look how many cross over Vitor, Wand, Silva, Sonnen, Bisping, Franklin, Munoz.......

The only guy this really applies to is Bisping. Vitor and Wand were more successful at 205 than 185, Sonnen gets triangled in every weight class, Franklin was a natural middleweight until Anderson kicked him out of the division, and Munoz is too small for LHW (6' with t-rex arms).

The problem with the LHW division now is that no contenders really deserve the shot. I'll even say my boy Shogun and Machida dont either just yet. Let's break this down though.

Machida - Just lost to Jones. Did the best out off all the other contenders.

Evans - Just lost

Rampage - Lazy and unmotivated. Just lost in a horrible showing to Ryan fucking Bader....the guy that a 2011 Tito beat.

Shogun - Got destroyed in an embarrassing fashion by Jones, came back and tooled Forrest than took a beating and dished out a beating on the no1 contender in a bout that could have been a draw.

Guss - not very impressive with a win over Silva who was coming off a year and a half layoff. Needs to face another wrestler as in Evans before he can convince anybody that he's ready....this guy got dominated by Phil Davis who looked like shit in his last fight.

Little Nog - the dark horse here. Hasn't looked too impressive, but did finish Ortiz in his last fight. He is an established name though.

Glover - just beat Kingsbu. Nothing special and maybe if he annialiates Rampage in spectular fashion should be get the shot.

Going through this and my obvious bias towards Shogun, I'd say it's a toss up between Glover and Shogun, that's if Glover looks good vs Page. I think Machida poses the best style fight vs Jones though. Shogun is coming off a very close decision despite coming into the fight in bad shape. Let's see how he looks on Saturday. I also wouldnt be aganist Nog getting the shot with one more top win.

Boogie

Machida - Just lost to Jones. Did the best out off all the other contenders.

Machida was finished in two rounds, Evans went to decision. Therefore, Machida did not do "the best" against Jones.

Rampage - Lazy and unmotivated. Just lost in a horrible showing to Ryan fucking Bader....the guy that a 2011 Tito beat.

You also forgot "is quitting UFC after his next fight."

Shogun - Got destroyed in an embarrassing fashion by Jones, came back and tooled Forrest than took a beating and dished out a beating on the no1 contender in a bout that could have been a draw.

yup.

Guss - not very impressive with a win over Silva who was coming off a year and a half layoff. Needs to face another wrestler as in Evans before he can convince anybody that he's ready....this guy got dominated by Phil Davis who looked like shit in his last fight.

Ya, Guss needs a better name win before he becomes a credible contender.

Little Nog - the dark horse here. Hasn't looked too impressive, but did finish Ortiz in his last fight. He is an established name though.

He's only an established name because the casuals can't tell him apart from Big Nog.

Glover - just beat Kingsbu. Nothing special and maybe if he annialiates Rampage in spectular fashion should be get the shot.

I think if Glover finishes, or beats decisively, Rampage, we see him getting a shot in 2013.

Going through this and my obvious bias towards Shogun, I'd say it's a toss up between Glover and Shogun, that's if Glover looks good vs Page. I think Machida poses the best style fight vs Jones though. Shogun is coming off a very close decision despite coming into the fight in bad shape. Let's see how he looks on Saturday. I also wouldnt be aganist Nog getting the shot with one more top win.

I kinda agree with this, just wish Shogun was facing someone worth a damn for his "title eliminator" fight. :-/

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
God Damn son. What is happening on gaf? Between account suicides and threads about suicides its like a royal rumble up in here.

yacobod

Banned
That we can go from books, to bans and ear fucking in the same thread just shows how diverse a community we are.

The beauty of MMA-GAF is you can't pigeon hole us.

I've been banned a few times for 2 weeks a pop. nothing major, i think one one time i went off on machida fans in a ppv thread.

What was the account suicide? Post is deleted.

Also what was context of Yam's good dick quote? I regret missing that 149 chat, so many ongoing jokes came out of it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What was the account suicide? Post is deleted.

Also what was context of Yam's good dick quote? I regret missing that 149 chat, so many ongoing jokes came out of it.

I said that Ronda needed a good dicking, to which Yam replied 'Are you saying the diaz bro's arent good dick?. Hilarity ensued.

Top Bottom