• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fuck all friend, It should be well known by now that Anderson fights once every twelve months.

Because he can't draw* and is aware of that.

*anywhere but Brazil. For whatever reason he's a star here.

I'm ok with Anderson fighting once a year. The less I have to converse with Silver-GAF, the better. I'm just saying if he wants to do superfights only and pick his own opponents, he should vacate the middleweight title that he has no intentions of defending.

GSP says he would vacate title for Nick Diaz fight

The great Georges St-Pierre understands the champion fights the number #1 contender. If not, you vacate the belt. It's not Weidman's fault that he got booked on Fuel TV in what was essentially a title eliminator (great job Dana) or that Anderson Silva can't draw money on his own like other great champions.

FACE

Banned
His ego wouldn't let him vacate. This is what happens when you're the champion of UFC's flimsiest division for years, you get delusions of grandeur.

Weidman is not a name, but there is nobody that can sell a MW fight with Silva right now unless it's a super fight.

Seeing Vitor or Franklin get knocked again? No thank you

I honestly think Weidman is more competent and has a better chance than Sonnen ever did.

Heel

Nah I am posting because it is our fearless leader.

Thanks to our good friend Plywood, Greg Jackson was ugly dancing before it was cool.

-MMA hipster

Watching the Olympic judo archives right now. First match: Italian got pinned for 25 seconds to lose his match, started screaming and crying, then wouldn't get off the mat to take his L...lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thanks to our good friend Plywood, Greg Jackson was ugly dancing before it was cool.

-MMA hipster

Watching the Olympic judo archives right now. First match: Italian got pinned for 25 seconds to lose his match, started screaming and crying, then wouldn't get off the mat to take his L...lol.

Was he wrestling mike ross?

charsace

Weidman is not a name, but there is nobody that can sell a MW fight with Silva right now unless it's a super fight.

Seeing Vitor or Franklin get knocked again? No thank you

I honestly think Weidman is more competent and has a better chance than Sonnen ever did.

Example of what I was saying about Weedman having a certain aura right now.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Uh oh, trouble for Supaa Fiiiiight Leeeeeeeeague?

The Super Fight League website has been amended and no longer includes SFL5, SFL 6 and SFL 7 in the future events section. The initial schedule is still available on wikipedia (although presumably it could be amended any minute) and lists events in Chennai in October, Hyderebad in November and Mumbai in December.

Although no official announcement regarding the removal of these events has been made it seems probable that they have been cancelled which would leave the SFL with just one show booked, on September 29 in Bangalore. That card is expected to feature Satoshi Ishii vs Jimmy Ambriz and Jeff Monson vs Todd Duffee but it appears it could also be the last event the SFL ever holds.

-mmamania

This is what happens when you build an event on spectacle alone instead of developing a proper organisation with home-grown talent. Or let's go back to what I posted earlier this year:

SFL's approach is stupid. They are banking purely on the "spectacle" of MMA, of seeing two large hulks throw each other around. This is the one way to create a fad that will die once the excitement is gone. Their noted enthusiasm in begging people to stay to watch it after the music ends is the cherry on top.

In contrast, ONE FC is building a massive network of gyms and smaller organisations. They've had to utilise the "spectacle" card at least once but at the same time they've built up a few good names and have had some really amazing fights. Add to that major sponsorship deals and a continental TV deal and you've got something that genuinely looks like it'll still be here in 3 years time.

But I'm pretty sure that the entire SFL organisation acted as a decent enough get-rich-quick-scheme for everyone in at the ground level.

SteveWD40

Yeah, SFL was seemingly intended to build up and bail out quick, MMA is a tough sport to make money in over a long period, once you have to start investing in the infrastructure.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
And to report back on Taiwanese MMA, I rather enjoyed PRO FC 7 last night. One of the guys I've trained with made his debut, winning by KO in 19 seconds after going all-out full beast mode.

Pretty much every fight ended in a minute or two. Only one or two (out of ten) went the distance. I hope that in their next event they work on making a lot more competitive fights, but it's hard to do that when the small amount of money they can make leads them to booking fringe Asian MMA fighters, dudes making their debuts and just some good ol' fashioned can recycling. The guys who own the organisation have a tough time on their hands, but I hope they can succeed.

yacobod

Banned

Can't wait for the updated OT in a day or two, when he comes to with a ruptured butthole.

I hope he goes back and tries to read his own travel notes while high. He should find the nearest tall building and jump off it.

On shrooms and the most interesting thing you can come up with to do is watch tv and post on neogaf

Dude, look at his picture. Unless he is rocking a travel container of chloroform, he ain't getting laid.

many gems from the first page alone, saving the rest of this for when i get to work.
lol

FACE

Banned
many gems from the first page alone, saving the rest of this for when i get to work.
lol

ibr02eKHpQd1FJ.gif

ShaneB

Chris Weidman bringing the truth. Fuck Canderson for ducking any fight and fuck Dana for allowing it to happen with any fighter. Does he want this to turn into Boxing where the fights people want to see won't happen because the fighters dictate their own fight? FUCK THAT. You're an employee for the UFC, you fight whoever the fuck they tell you to fight. Especially for a champion. You fight whoever the fuck is next in line.

Also fuck the Olympics making sports radio boring and therefore making work even more boring here on Monday morning!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Watching women's beach vball US vs Argentina. It's not as I had hoped it would be.
That's what they get for having Summer Olympics in a land that doesn't have Summer.

Next thing you know, we'll have the Winter Olmypics in New Orleans.

*anywhere but Brazil. For whatever reason he's a star here.
He gets to do what they wish they could do: beat Americans into submission.

SteveWD40

That's what they get for having Summer Olympics in a land that doesn't have Summer.

Truth, when I was living in Sydney I loved their winter as it reminded my of Summer back here in Blighty (25 degrees max, fresh usually)...

To be fair, this is the shittiest July we have had in ages.

Well the MW division is full of LHW rejects.

Stann - Destroyed by MR. NOTSOWONDERFUL

Bisping - Destroyed by Evans, Hendo and lost to a former 205er, a 2010 Wand and should have lost the fight with top 20 Hamil

Tim Boetsch - Destroyed by MR. NOTSOWONDERFUL and loses to Jason fucking Brilz

Sonnen Triangle loses to both Forrest Griffen & Babalu

Munoz - KOd by Hamil

Anderson needs to fight Jones graveyard of Shogun, Evans, Rampage and even Jones himself.

The MW division are full of guys that would be top 20 in LHW.

I know you hate the guy but lets remain objective, he lost a razor thin SD.

True. I was just overplaying the fact that Anderson has no worthy challengers that are deemed worthy at MW, which is why I would like him to either move up, or have some of the LHW's move down. Anderson vs Shogun/Evans/Machida/Rampage/Jones etc are far more worthy challengers than Bisping/Stann/Munoz/Boestch etc. Even if Shogun and Rampage are fat and past their primes.

SteveWD40

I agree with that totally, he needs to fight at LHW since he has wins over several of them as it is, calling out WW's is a bit sad.

He won't fight Machida though will he? I think Evans would be a good fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well the MW division is full of LHW rejects.

Stann - Destroyed by MR. NOTSOWONDERFUL

Bisping - Destroyed by Evans, Hendo and lost to a former 205er, a 2010 Wand and should have lost the fight with top 20 Hamil

Tim Boetsch - Destroyed by MR. NOTSOWONDERFUL and loses to Jason fucking Brilz

Sonnen Triangle loses to both Forrest Griffen & Babalu

Munoz - KOd by Hamil

Anderson needs to fight Jones graveyard of Shogun, Evans, Rampage and even Jones himself.

The MW division are full of guys that would be top 20 in LHW.

Well I'm sure the top 20 at Lightweight wouldn't do so hot at Welterweight either. You feel me, brah?

TheNatural

My Member!
Looks like the Blackzillians have kicked out Van Arsdale. BU BU BUT .. we're supposed to be a team right Shad? And you kick him out and bring in another coach?

LOL shows how much bullshit he was spewing before Jones handled him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Winner of Shogun/Vera is not getting a title shot. The most impressive performance between Shogun, Machida and Bader gets the title shot.

Clarify your old news, folks.

Winner of Shogun/Vera is not getting a title shot. The most impressive performance between Shogun, Machida and Bader gets the title shot.

UFC ‏@ufc

FOX conference call: Dana confirms that the winner of this Saturday's @UFConFOX main event will get a shot at the 205 belt

Old news from 30 minutes ago?

Also LOL

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones

Scratching my head “@FightCoveMike: @JonnyBones The winner of Shogun vs. Vera is guaranteed #1 contender at 205.”

Not that it matters, Dan Henderson is unstoppable..........except by Anderson Silva and Jake Shields =/

yacobod

Banned

brah if machida crucified bader in the middle of the octagon, lit him on fire, and then pissed on his smoldering corpse, he still wouldnt get a title shot. his lifeless corpse bouncing off the octagon a year ago vs JBJ is still too fresh in the minds of ppl to let that shit slide.

no way, no how does that fight get made.

Top Bottom