• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If I needed to make a visa run around the end of August, then I'd definitely jump over to the Philippines (2 hour flight) and get tickets for this show in the process. Alas I don't need to do shit until October.

Actually he looks more like he shit his pants and just found out.

Well that makes both of them.

OneFC has knees and kicks to head on ground though, right? That could be fun.

Also doesn't Sylvia have 100 lbs on AA by now?

This is gonna be the 4th time they fight. What other notable mma fighters have had 4 or more fights?
Well not yet but likely Frankie vs Gray 4.

industrian

Not to be outdone, let's check the super-packed card KSW is putting on for their 20th show:

http://www.konfrontacja.com/en/index.php?s=historia&kswID=24

Houston Alexander is in their main event fighting for the LHW title.
Pudzian has another fat can to crush.
Jerome Le Banner is fighting a dude with two penises tattooed on his face.

And much much more.

Also doesn't Sylvia have 100 lbs on AA by now?

He let himself go (to say the least) after the Fedor fight, but he seems to have disciplined himself recently. Probably part of his push to get another chance in the UFC.

Sylvia vs AA is a match to see which dark age ex UFC champ has aged worse. Still I am kinda pumped for it. The first 2 fights were pretty quick and somewhat exciting.

Heel

I still need to watch Invicta. Couldnt find a good source.

They put them up on YouTube.

Did anyone watch EFC Africa 15? I might have a look while I wait for my car to be worked on.

I used to watch them a bit when they'd stream for free, but now they charge for streams so I haven't bothered. Apparently they're doing very well, though:

Dana White: South Africa Next Target In UFC's Global Expansion Plans

White said within the last week, the promotion has begun discussions to launch a deal that would bring UFC television programming to the country, a move that would likely lead into a possible live event.

"Actually, mixed martial arts is huge in South Africa right now," he said. "There’s a show down there now that I just heard about that is doing 1.2 million viewers every time it’s on. So the sport is booming all over the world, and yeah, South Africa is next. That’s where we’re going."

The show he is referring to, Extreme Fighting Championship, has so far produced 14 events. According to a news report, a recent March event drew 1.6 million viewers -- 25.9 percent of the television audience -- a rating that beat popular sports like rugby and cricket.

South Africa has a population of just less than 50 million, according to The World Bank.

industrian

559338_10151127140976276_809398251_n.jpg

This is like a 3D painting or some shit. Every time I look at it or focus on it for 5 seconds JDS looks like he's getting larger and larger.

industrian

Sylvia vs. Arlovski isn't the main event. That accolade goes to Shinya Aoki and whatever can they find for him to crush. The co-main event being that DREAM dude who snubbed the UFC vs some Australian bloke.

Sylvia vs. Arlovski is listed as the fourth fight.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
What's the more embarrassing main event in 2012? Wanderlei/Htich or Aoki vs. another anonymous can?
Brandon Vera main eventing a FOX card is pretty damn embarassing too.

It's definitely more embarassing for the UFC to main Wand/Ace on a ppv in 2012 than for a Bad MMA promotion to main event an Aoki squash-match.

industrian

What's the more embarrassing main event in 2012? Wanderlei/Htich or Aoki vs. another anonymous can?

Well played.

It's definitely more embarassing for the UFC to main Wand/Ace on a ppv in 2012 than for a Bad MMA promotion to main event an Aoki squash-match.

Definitely.

But surely Fedor vs. Rizzo wins this "most embarrassing" contest by default though. I'm pretty sure that most people have tried to forget about that finale of career self-destruction though. Sorry to bring back all those repressed memories.

This is gonna be the 4th time they fight. What other notable mma fighters have had 4 or more fights?

The latest ONE FC 5 card now includes:
• Shinya Aoki vs. TBA
• Bibiano Fernandes vs. Gustavo Falciroli
• Felipe Enomoto vs. Eduard Folayang
• Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia
• Phil Baroni vs. Rodrigo Ribeiro
• Eric Kelly vs. Jens Pulver
• Tony Bonello vs. Rolles Gracie
• Jung Hwan Cha vs. Igor Gracie
• Kevin Belingon vs. Soo Chul Kim
• Gregor Gracie vs. Nicholas Mann
• Mitch Chilson vs. Shannon Wiratchai
• Honorio Banario vs. Andrew Benibe
No lie. That is a card I must see.

industrian

To all the Americans who want to watch ONE FC: Welcome to my world - enjoy waking up at 7-8am bitches!

I don't know if it'll be PPV or free on Youtube. Hell, it might be televised live on Star Sports in Taiwan.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
To all the Americans who want to watch ONE FC: Welcome to my world - enjoy waking up at 7-8am bitches!

I don't know if it'll be PPV or free on Youtube. Hell, it might be televised live on Star Sports in Taiwan.
If that's the case, I may have my in-laws burn me a copy.

industrian

If that's the case, I may have my in-laws burn me a copy.

Tell me where they live and I'll watch it with them. As long as they've got enough Gold Medal beer in the fridge and don't mind being invaded by a Dasugelanren then we're cool.

Brandon Vera main eventing a FOX card is pretty damn embarassing too.
For a potential title shot no less.

Oh excellent, thanks!

I've had to wake up between 5-6 am for so long now that I do it even if I stay up late the night before. I've actually been waking up between 4-5 am lately due to work stress, and also needing to get rides into work from friends this week. It sucks.

I think they generally stream the undercards for free and then you have to pay something like $15 or $20 for the main card.

industrian

With ONE FC and KSW dealt with, it's time to wrap up the Bad MMA news with Bellator announcing their new heavyweight tournament to determine the winner of the "find someone for Cole Konrad to sit on for 25 minutes" contest.

Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos (hopefully both fighters make weight, don't get flu-like symptoms a week prior to the fight and don't kick each other in the balls)
Brett Rogers vs. Ruslan Magomedov

I wonder who the other 4 HW contenders are. Ryan Martinez is probably in the mix somewhere.

I think they generally stream the undercards for free and then you have to pay something like $15 or $20 for the main card.

IIRC I can only remember them having one PPV, and that was the Bob Sapp one. They tried pushing a PPV on their event after that but they decided to Youtube the entire thing - probably due to crappy numbers.

FACE

Banned
People are discussing the technical merits of Eminem's rapping in a thread, someone please shoot me.

I'm pretty sure ONE FC streams their cards on youtube mak, I remember watching zorobabel x enomoto free there.

People are discussing the technical merits of Eminem's rapping in a thread, someone please shoot me.

I'm pretty sure ONE FC streams their cards on youtube mak, I remember watching zorobabel x enomoto free there.
He's one of the greatest poets of our time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sylvia vs. Arlovski isn't the main event. That accolade goes to Shinya Aoki and whatever can they find for him to crush. The co-main event being that DREAM dude who snubbed the UFC vs some Australian bloke.

Sylvia vs. Arlovski is listed as the fourth fight.

I don't know if you're being serious but how did Bibiano Fernandes snub the UFC? He is having another kid and wants to provide for his family.

Heel

Hammil should have been disqualified for headbutting Jones' elbows.

The Hammer is both a master tactician and the dirtiest player in the game. He made it appear as though Jon Jones was using illegal elbows when in fact he was landing very solid illegal headbutts to Bones' best weapon. It may be unsporting but I have to respect it. All is fair in love and war, and The Hammer pulled the wool over the incompetent ref's eyes.

FACE

Banned
The Hammer is both a master tactician and the dirtiest player in the game. He made it appear as though Jon Jones was using illegal elbows when in fact he was landing very solid illegal headbutts to Bones' best weapon. It may be unsporting but I have to respect it. All is fair in love and war, and The Hammer pulled the wool over the incompetent ref's eyes.

I disagree with the bolded brah, are we forgetting about Anderson's favela tactics against Chael Sonnen?

industrian

I'm waiting for the inevitable call for Hamill to drop to MW. But at this rate he'll be No. 1 contender within two wins. And then after that he'll retire again.

Top Bottom