• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

ShaneB

Back from the $2 book sale friends

iVFerB2ldI0Kn.JPG

i0QZgf2hj6SLK.JPG

Now time to get my picks in for tonight!

Are those Clive Cussler books any good? They're always in the bargain section at Chapters, I figured I would get em for my Dad.

What you gotta understand about Vera is, this guy is a fucking stud.

This guy was up in weight and took out a Hall of Famer in Frank Mir and moved down in weight and had injury problems after injury problems. When he's been healthy this guy is a top 10 guy in the division.

I read that in Dana's voice and didn't even intend to.

Prelms starting soon. BTW heel, the times in the OP are wrong.

Are those Clive Cussler books any good? They're always in the bargain section at Chapters, I figured I would get em for my Dad.

They're by no stretch deep literature or books that will make you think but I've read three of them so far and they were all fun as hell. He has a few lines of books with different themes which is cool. One is Dirk Pitts (the movie Sahara) - the main character is an Indiana Jones type guy; one is The Oregon Files which is kinda like a Bourne Identity / GI Joe type thing - its a team of highly trained CIA type operatives who work privately and they all have specialties .. they're led by a guy who is basically Jason Bourne; and there's the Isaac Bell series which is also very Jason Bourne-ish if he was a an 1800s railroad detective.

Shogun ducking Glover aside, I think Rampage is the better fight business wise. It's Rampages last fight so he can either go out with a bang or go out with a beating as he puts over a new contender. It's a win/win for the UFC. I personally think Glover is way to down the ladder from Shogun right now and think the perfect fight for Shogun currently would have been Little Nog/Rampage/Evans/Silva. Yeah Vera is a joke and won't tell us nothing.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Chat link? The one in the OP doesn't go to a specific room. It makes me type in the chat room and a username instead of going right to the room. I'm rooting for Useless in the first fight.

Heel

Shogun ducking Glover aside, I think Rampage is the better fight business wise. It's Rampages last fight so he can either go out with a bang or go out with a beating as he puts over a new contender. It's a win/win for the UFC. I personally think Glover is way to down the ladder from Shogun right now and think the perfect fight for Shogun currently would have been Little Nog/Rampage/Evans/Silva. Yeah Vera is a joke and won't tell us nothing.

I don't think Rampage going out with a bang is a win in the UFC's eyes. He wants to keep fighting elsewhere, right? It's probably a bluff to get a better contract. They'd probably prefer he loses to get the upper hand in negotiations.

I don't think Rampage going out with a bang is a win in the UFC's eyes. He wants to keep fighting elsewhere, right? It's probably a bluff to get a better contract. They'd probably prefer he loses to get the upper hand in negotiations.

The UFC definetly want him to lose so he might be motovated to get a brutal KO. Judging from some pic on twitter he looks to be in good shape but you never know with Rampage these days. If and that's a big IF, he does get win in convincing fashion I am sure the UFC will resign him. Otherwise he's gonna join UFC rejects Tim Slyvia and Arlovski in ONE FC for some bad MMA.

This is too awesome - http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...enies-wrongdoing-in-alleged-role-in-bar-brawl

Aug 4, 2012 - Former UFC No. 1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes has been publicly named as a suspect in a 40-person bar brawl that broke out in a Hanford, California establishment named the Lacy Inn Bar last Saturday night. According to a story published in the Hanford Sentinel, a fight began at about 1:18 am, and when police arrived, Mendes was recognized as one of the participants, refused a police order to leave, and later, struck another patron. Police then chased Mendes but could not catch him, and have since been searching for him.

That's the police version of events. Mendes, through his management, has released a statement denying the allegations against him.

Here is the statement released to MMA Fighting through his manager, Jeff Meyer, who also happens to be a practicing attorney.

On Friday afternoon, Chad Mendes was shocked and surprised by the allegations contained in an article published on an Internet news site. While Chad acknowledges that an incident occurred last Saturday in Hanford, he contends that the majority of the facts pertaining to him in the story are absolutely false.

Attempts were immediately made by Chad's representatives to contact personnel at the Sheriff's Department on Friday afternoon. Despite these repeated attempts, Chad's representatives have not received any response from the Sheriff's Department at the time of this release.

Chad denies any wrongdoing and is very upset by the allegations contained in the story. He will fully cooperate with the Sheriff's Department and looks forward to clearing his name.

The King's County Sheriff's office told the paper that they have made multiple attempts to reach Mendes, and that they have yet to reach him. They also said that because of his professional fight training, he could face a charge of assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the fight.

The 27-year-old Mendes is 12-1 in his pro career and has fought for UFC parent company Zuffa since 2010. Mendes is 3-1 in his UFC tenure, with his only loss coming to division champion Jose Aldo at UFC 142. In his most recent fight, he knocked out Cody McKenzie in just 31 seconds at UFC 148.

For the previews for UFC 150...

Edgar keeps saying the fight was controversial in its decision.

Does anyone here honestly think he won that fight? Seemed pretty clearcut to me.

Fifty

Well fuck my nuts. Only the biggest fight by far (in terms of Canadian patriotism and crowd reaction). This is why I should have waited to buy my tickets. 3rd row floors now in jeopardy of being for a card headlined by Matt Hamill.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
For the previews for UFC 150...

Edgar keeps saying the fight was controversial in its decision.

Does anyone here honestly think he won that fight? Seemed pretty clearcut to me.

I thought Edgar won Rounds 1,3,5 but I thought Rounds 3 and 4 could have been scored for either guy. It was definitely closer than people seem to remember.

Man I love Shogun so much and this fight was painful. If it would have ended in the 2nd than it wodnt matter.

Tell me about it friend. After that was over, I had to watch the 2005 Grand Prix before I was able to sleep.

Top Bottom