• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
To all the Americans who want to watch ONE FC: Welcome to my world - enjoy waking up at 7-8am bitches!
I do that during European soccer season anyway.

I'm waiting for the inevitable call for Hamill to drop to MW. But at this rate he'll be No. 1 contender within two wins. And then after that he'll retire again.
Did Hamill's movie already come out? The UFC should give him a title shot to coincide with the movie's release. Talk about exposure. He's earned it as the only man to beat JBJ.

Heel

I disagree with the bolded brah, are we forgetting about Anderson's favela tactics against Chael Sonnen?

How could I forget? I'd say honorable martial artist The Spider is the most blatant, where as The Hammer is the most serpentine. I mean, I'm sure the vast majority don't realize that he was in complete control of Bones' fate from the bottom. So cunning.

I'm waiting for the inevitable call for Hamill to drop to MW. But at this rate he'll be No. 1 contender within two wins. And then after that he'll retire again.

Considering he could walk into the arena on Saturday and beat Vera I'd have to agree. He should definitely retire as soon as he takes the strap off Bones, he would have nothing left to prove at that point.

FACE

Banned
How could I forget? I'd say honorable martial artist The Spider is the most blatant, where as The Hammer is the most serpentine. I mean, I'm sure the vast majority don't realize that he was in complete control of Bones' fate from the bottom. So cunning.

That's why I think his fight against Gus got stopped early.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Man, I was mad tempted to just chill around DTLA and see if I can win one of those #Hunt4UFC things or ditch work today and check out the weigh-ins.

Dwayne

I think they generally stream the undercards for free and then you have to pay something like $15 or $20 for the main card.

$10 last time around, notable that the replay didn't go up for more than 48 hours though. The card started 12am local time so I thought I'd get to watch the replay the next day. Ended up complaining to the stream provider and getting a refund, and after informing OneFC of my issues they sent me a signed poster. Awesome.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Friends, let me remind you all of Bad MMA on whatever the hell HDNet calls itself these days in one hour and a half.

FACE

Banned
Nah I'm out on a date with a chick that doesn't eat meat.

mj-laughingevz8d.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Did Hamill's movie already come out? The UFC should give him a title shot to coincide with the movie's release. Talk about exposure. He's earned it as the only man to beat JBJ.

Considering he could walk into the arena on Saturday and beat Vera I'd have to agree. He should definitely retire as soon as he takes the strap off Bones, he would have nothing left to prove at that point.

After making his comeback from retirement, securing the top contender status and then beating Jones in the rematch he gets the sequel to his movie. I can see it now - The Hammer II: Breaking Bones. Academy award winning stuff right there.

TheNatural

My Member!
Damnit Dana, this is one war I want:

Ariel Helwani spoke with UFC President Dana White and asked him about McMahon's recent comments on UFC's ratings. Here's an excerpt:

Vince keeps talking shit about us. I don’t know why. There’s a lot of things I could say about the WWE but I would never. I don’t know why he’s trying to kick us in the balls. I like Vince. I have a good relationship with Vince… I think it’s in his nature… as a competitor, as a human-being, it’s the way Vince is built. You know, whatever.

Don't hold your tongue now.

TheNatural

My Member!
The fallout from this FOX card's ratings should be fun.

I can see it now.

"What you gotta understand is we're going head to head with track and field, we had baseball on at the same time, college football practice, and it was a nice night outside in most of the US. So X number is still really, really good. And this card lived up to all the hype."

Heel

I think the weekend Olympics are a valid excuse. They'll definitely put a dent in the ratings.

Now, how a card headlined by Brandon Vera would dent the ratings is another story entirely.

industrian

They need another title fight as a headliner. I know that the UFC are too wrapped up in their PPV revenues to do this, but I really wish they'd provide "closure" to events such as this one. As in: have Jones vs. Shogun/Vera/Machida/Bader on a future FOX card.

industrian

I think the weekend Olympics are a valid excuse. They'll definitely put a dent in the ratings.

Now, how a card headlined by Brandon Vera would dent the ratings is another story entirely.

Didn't they use The Avengers as an excuse last time? How about Dana coming out and saying "people are now brave enough to come out and watch the Dark Knight Rises in the cinema and that definitely hurt us."

Too soon?

Vera being a main-eventer is their fault.

This is a knock-on from Injurymageddon 2012 isn't it? That and the whole palaver over not wanting to fight Glover.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's not just Vera either. Dana threw Shogun under the bus for weeks over the Glover situation and then booked him in the main event. Real genius promoting there.

Heel

Chamber, friend, I'm sorry but your boy Shogun deserves to be thrown under the bus. He's not even denying he ducked Glover at this point. We could've had a real barn burner on our hands, instead we get Brandon Vera.

industrian

Vera beating Shogun would be awesome just to fuck with dana even more.

That and Machida beating Bader of course. Considering that Bader is the only one of these dudes with ... you know... a current win streak.

In that scenario who do you give the title shot to, Vera or Machida? In one corner you've got a guy who would have been cut if it wasn't for his opponent having non-human piss in a drug test, and in the other corner you've got a guy that - including a hypothetical win against Bader - has a 2-3 record in his last 5 fights (2-4 out of 6 if you're a Shogun fan.)

industrian

From a quick reading of Wikipedia, I can't help but notice that Geronimo Dos Santos has been signed by the UFC and will be fighting Gonzaga in 153. I'm not sure how "new" this is so mock if old.

GDS has a resume of can crushing that would make Hector Lombard blush. But he comes to KO motherfuckers and we can all appreciate that really.

TheNatural

My Member!
Vera wins and brings that "Pacquiao money" to the UFC.

What you gotta understand about Vera is, this guy is a fucking stud.

This guy was up in weight and took out a Hall of Famer in Frank Mir and moved down in weight and had injury problems after injury problems. When he's been healthy this guy is a top 10 guy in the division.

Top Bottom