• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2042/jdstweet.jpg[/sIMG]

Yeah, he's fighting Overeem. What's funny about this situation is that JDS has been talking more about Alistair than Alistair has JDS.[/QUOTE]

They're not going to promote the event before Overeem can even get licensed (which Uncle Dana has confirmed). I'd like to see it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't follow the metal thread, so probably late news but I just saw the new Danzig cover Devil's Angels. First time in a long time that I liked something he did. Looking forward to the album, which is supposed to be Misfits style covers.

The Edgar vs Bendo fight was VERY close. I don't get it when people say he was getting a beating. The only thing I can give Bendo is that upkick which really looked far worse than it was. Fight could have went either way or even a draw. I couldn't possibly score that fight at all. Most difficult fight to score ever for me.

Good on JDS for not wanting the Cain fight. The first fight was a joke and this rematch wont go any better.

Loved seeing Machida get 2 perfects in a row.

dream

I hope Cain publicly calls JDS out for ducking him and

Based on the overnight ratings, the Olympics in prime time last night averaged 26.09 million viewers. The UFC on FOX averaged 2.14 million viewers and a 1.1 in the 18-49 age group.

Keep in mind a few things. Because the UFC was live and the Olympics were on tape, the Olympics number will be pretty close to the real number. The UFC actual rating when it comes out on Monday or Tuesday will be a little bit higher because the measure if FOX from 8-10 p.m. nationally, but in the Pacific time zone, where UFC is the strongest, much of the UFC viewership would have been from 5-7 p.m. and that viewership is not counted as the fast nationals measure the station, not the show, and it would measure FOX programming from 8-10 p.m.

In addition, the overnights only measure FOX from 8-10 p.m. and most of the Brandon Vera vs. Shogun Rua fight, the main event, took place after 10 p.m.

When all is said and done, the UFC total audience and rating will probably be in the same vicinity as the last show, and slightly higher in 18-49s. Given the television competition, it was as expected. You can't call a number like that on FOX good, as it would be the lowest or second lowest sports audience since they began airing sports most Saturday nights. But it's not bad all things considered. I don't think anyone realistically expected any better. In 18-49, they did beat most baseball games FOX has run in the time slot this summer, and against much stiffer competition.

As far as the other networks, they threw in the towel. ABC aired the old movie "Norbit," which did 1.98 million viewers and an 0.6 rating in 18-49. CBS ran a rerun of the short-lived and already canceled drama NYC 22, which did 2.67 million viewers, but only an 0.4 in 18-49.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Edgar vs Bendo fight was VERY close. I don't get it when people say he was getting a beating. The only thing I can give Bendo is that upkick which really looked far worse than it was. Fight could have went either way or even a draw. I couldn't possibly score that fight at all. Most difficult fight to score ever for me.

The only thing people remember about that fight is the upkick so there's a perception that Bendo dominated the fight.

Im quite fond of the first 2 danzig records.
I liked most of his stuff up through Danzig 3. I actually went both nights when he toured that record here, although it was because I had bought tickets and then someone gave me a ticket for the other night. I can't really get into Samhain now but in high school I liked it.

charsace

I hope Cain publicly calls JDS out for ducking him and

Based on the overnight ratings, the Olympics in prime time last night averaged 26.09 million viewers. The UFC on FOX averaged 2.14 million viewers and a 1.1 in the 18-49 age group.

Keep in mind a few things. Because the UFC was live and the Olympics were on tape, the Olympics number will be pretty close to the real number. The UFC actual rating when it comes out on Monday or Tuesday will be a little bit higher because the measure if FOX from 8-10 p.m. nationally, but in the Pacific time zone, where UFC is the strongest, much of the UFC viewership would have been from 5-7 p.m. and that viewership is not counted as the fast nationals measure the station, not the show, and it would measure FOX programming from 8-10 p.m.

In addition, the overnights only measure FOX from 8-10 p.m. and most of the Brandon Vera vs. Shogun Rua fight, the main event, took place after 10 p.m.

When all is said and done, the UFC total audience and rating will probably be in the same vicinity as the last show, and slightly higher in 18-49s. Given the television competition, it was as expected. You can't call a number like that on FOX good, as it would be the lowest or second lowest sports audience since they began airing sports most Saturday nights. But it's not bad all things considered. I don't think anyone realistically expected any better. In 18-49, they did beat most baseball games FOX has run in the time slot this summer, and against much stiffer competition.

As far as the other networks, they threw in the towel. ABC aired the old movie "Norbit," which did 1.98 million viewers and an 0.6 rating in 18-49. CBS ran a rerun of the short-lived and already canceled drama NYC 22, which did 2.67 million viewers, but only an 0.4 in 18-49.

How can JDS be ducking someone that he KO'ed?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I liked most of his stuff up through Danzig 3. I actually went both nights when he toured that record here, although it was because I had bought tickets and then someone gave me a ticket for the other night. I can't really get into Samhain now but in high school I liked it.

Yea i stopped caring after the third record as well. A friend of mine went to see him and apparently glen threw an axl tantrum and bolted half way through the set. After that i never had much desire to go see him live.

That cut looks as soulless his real eye. Surprised people noticed.

Yea i stopped caring after the third record as well. A friend of mine went to see him and apparently glen threw an axl tantrum and bolted half way through the set. After that i never had much desire to go see him live.
They played good sets both nights, finishing with When Death Had No Name and a Lucifuge medley, iirc. That was back when bands would still play small venues here. Tickets were only around $20 and the room probably only held a few hundred people.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Last club show i been to was for SuperJoint Ritual in a shitty small place in brooklyn that smelled like piss. It was free!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I am praying that we see an event with this:

JDS vs. Overeem
Cain vs. Werdum (for No. 1 Contender)

Depending on when DC vs. Mir goes down you may be able to put DC on the card too (unless Frank Mir's skull breaks DC's hand of course.) Shit would be epic.

Last club show i been to was for SuperJoint Ritual in a shitty small place in brooklyn that smelled like piss. It was free!
I think mine might have been Cannibal Corpse/Brutal Truth/Immolation/Oppressor in 1997 at a dive bar in Portland. I mostly remember the local bm band that sprayed fake blood everywhere. It was a good show but that was a lot of metal for one night. I think it was around then that I stopped listening to metal and got into Phil Collins.

Heel

There is no way they will book Overeem to fight two days after his suspension is up. Maybe they'll move JDS off that card and book him against Overeem in early 2013 instead. Super Bowl weekend?

I am praying that we see an event with this:

JDS vs. Overeem
Cain vs. Werdum (for No. 1 Contender)

Depending on when DC vs. Mir goes down you may be able to put DC on the card too (unless Frank Mir's skull breaks DC's hand of course.) Shit would be epic.

I am down for this. Dana should grow a pair and have a stacked card like this for free.

Ninja you do realize that Cormier could probably beat Bones? Or do you realize this and want him to beat Shogun so you could start front running like a mad man for him?

Heel

Friends, I invite the vast majority of you to go back to our Shogun vs. Glover debate and eat some fucking crow. Thanks.

Hold the crow till he fights someone. So far he beat a guy who lost to Bonnar in his previous fight, and is now going to fight a Mr. T impersonator.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think mine might have been Cannibal Corpse/Brutal Truth/Immolation/Oppressor in 1997 at a dive bar in Portland. I mostly remember the local bm band that sprayed fake blood everywhere. It was a good show but that was a lot of metal for one night. I think it was around then that I stopped listening to metal and got into Phil Collins.

You should have picked up Yani live at the Acropolys. It changed my life ...forever.

I need to go to the gym but I'm stuck on US vs Turkey women's vball. The way the Turkish girl kisses the ball before each serve is sexy. I like her neck tattoo also, very classy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How can JDS be ducking someone that he KO'ed?
He saw what he did to Bigfoot. He doesn't want any of that.

Which is why he's trashtalking Overeem and is probably gonna play up the "mma has to be honorable" high horse angle that Silver pulled with Sonnen he might even accuse Overeem of being a fraud and question his win over Brock.

Fuck, my car is stalling again. Now it won't idle for more than 30 seconds or so, but as long as I'm pressing the gas it seems to be ok. I dunno if I should drive to my interview tomorrow or take a 2 hour bus ride with a 20 minute walk in mid-day sun and show up all sweaty.

@bjpenndotcom
“@Rory_MacDonald , with all due respect you challenged me to come out of retirement and I accepted. Then, you back out of the fight!

Now you want to put our fight off for two-more-months, but this fight should happen as soon as the cut heals. 10-weeks from now is plenty of time. Let’s fight on Oct. 13th, that’s more than reasonable.”

Someone should tell BJ that two months from now is Oct...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck, my car is stalling again. Now it won't idle for more than 30 seconds or so, but as long as I'm pressing the gas it seems to be ok. I dunno if I should drive to my interview tomorrow or take a 2 hour bus ride with a 20 minute walk in mid-day sun and show up all sweaty.

You sir are boned. Or take an exta shirt with you ans Change in a bathroom

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just got back from watching the Total Recall remake.

Obviously, this has not been the best weekend for me.

Just got back from watching the Total Recall remake.

Obviously, this has not been the best weekend for me.

Not good eh? That's a bummer cause it looked good from the commercials. I love that Blade Runner / 5th Element type environment. Also - I've never seen the original Total Recall so I just bought the original on bluray (the new Mind Bending edition that came out last week).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not good eh? That's a bummer cause it looked good from the commercials. I love that Blade Runner / 5th Element type environment. Also - I've never seen the original Total Recall so I just bought the original on bluray (the new Mind Bending edition that came out last week).

It's generic and forgettable. All I kept thinking during the movie was how much I'd rather be watching the original and how hot Biel and Beckinsale both are.

Not a total loss though because I made it a double feature and watched Amazing Spider-Man which was surprisingly enjoyable.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It's generic and forgettable. All I kept thinking during the movie was how much I'd rather be watching the original and how hot Biel and Beckinsale both are.

Not a total loss though because I made it a double feature and watched Amazing Spider-Man which was surprisingly enjoyable.

Spidey was pretty good.

Erick Silva will finally have a real test against Jon Fitch. Fitch will fade into obscurity and onto Facebook prelims if he loses.

Gr1mLock said:
You sir are boned. Or take an exta shirt with you ans Change in a bathroom
Gonna borrow my mom's car. But what is weird is I was just driving and it was fine. It's really hot outside, so maybe it is better when it is hot. The mechanic was thinking it would stall more when it was hot, so he idled it for 45 minutes before test driving it. But first thing this morning, it was stalling. Drove it 5 miles and it stalled at every long red light. It sat in sun for an hour and it didn't stall once driving it back home. I was even trying to get it to stall in my parking lot by coasting without gassing and then sitting idle for a minute. This is stressing me out.

Wow, that's the opposite of what I'd hoped and thought. I'll probably wait for both on dvd.

The only negative about Overeem beating JDS is the possibility of Overeem vs Werdum 3. Dana needs to make it a point to separate these 2 as far away as possible.

There's no way to hype that fight unless Werdum gets a crazy ko in his next fight and they try to con us into thinking he'd be dumb enough to K1 strike against Reem. They're both smart fighters with something to lose, so it would be boring again.

Top Bottom