• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Spidey was pretty good.

So good I might add it to my small pile of non-shit comic book movies (aka the Dark Knight trilogy and Watchmen). Certainly more enjoyable than any of Raimi's hamfests.

Erick Silva will finally have a real test against Jon Fitch. Fitch will fade into obscurity and onto Facebook prelims if he loses.
Fitch takes it via Fitching. Money to be made there if he enters as the underdog.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
So good I might add it to my small pile of non-shit comic book movies (aka the Dark Knight trilogy and Watchmen). Certainly more enjoyable than any of Raimi's hamfests.

Fitch takes it via Fitching. Money to be made there if he enters as the underdog.

I'm a fan of all of those movies. Besides the third Spiderman. I enjoyed the first Hellboy and Constantine is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The only negative about Overeem beating JDS is the possibility of Overeem vs Werdum 3. Dana needs to make it a point to separate these 2 as far away as possible.
They'll have an easy out once Cormier mauls Murr.

In the meantime though we get Velasquez/Werdum which is a match-up I find highly interesting.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck with that interview. Is it with a decent company? I love the two posts in a row saying practically the same thing for different movies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm a fan of all of those movies. Besides the third Spiderman. I enjoyed the first Hellboy and Constantine is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I always forget about Constantine but yeah, that was a solid movie.

I've actually never seen Hellboy from beginning to end.

Same organization I'm with now but higher office. It's a little scary but would be a really good career move, and I've peaked at my current office.

HB 1 is solid, should watch it through.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Friends, I invite the vast majority of you to go back to our Shogun vs. Glover debate and eat some fucking crow. Thanks.

If Glover beats Rampage he needs to call out Shogun immediately. And I don't mean just a "Where you at Georges?!" I mean an all-out-in-Portuguese diatribe that would make Jose Landy's ethering of Anderson Silva look tame.

That said, I'd make these fights:

Glover (if he beats Rampage) vs. Shogun. Easy No. 1 contender fight right there.
Gus vs. Bader. If Gus wins, give him the loser of Glover vs. Shogun, and that should more than prove if he's ready for Jones.

Also, I'd like to see Vera fight someone on the fringes who could guarantee a no-employable-skills scrap. Someone like Chad Griggs. Or how about a rematch with Thiago Silva?

And I hope in the name of good spirit and all that we can have Davis vs. Prado 1.5 soon. Hopefully that one ends in similar Spiritwolf vs. Zaromskis fashion.

dream

489011_m03.jpg

489043_m03.jpg

489417_m03.jpg

489504_m03.jpg

God that is the greatest silver medal reaction ever.

Heel

If Glover beats Rampage he needs to call out Shogun immediately. And I don't mean just a "Where you at Georges?!" I mean an all-out-in-Portuguese diatribe that would make Jose Landy's ethering of Anderson Silva look tame.

That said, I'd make these fights:

Glover (if he beats Rampage) vs. Shogun. Easy No. 1 contender fight right there.
Gus vs. Bader. If Gus wins, give him the loser of Glover vs. Shogun, and that should more than prove if he's ready for Jones.

Also, I'd like to see Vera fight someone on the fringes who could guarantee a no-employable-skills scrap. Someone like Chad Griggs. Or how about a rematch with Thiago Silva?

And I hope in the name of good spirit and all that we can have Davis vs. Prado 1.5 soon. Hopefully that one ends in similar Spiritwolf vs. Zaromskis fashion.

Shogun should definitely fight the winner of Rampage/Glover. Both of these fights would have a story line to go with them. That would also give Rampage some extra incentive to resign with the UFC if he does win. I can't say I'd be happy with Rampage vs. Shogun II for #1 contender though, haha. Save us, Glover.

Gus...well, that's a tough one. I don't think Joe Silva likes winners fighting losers, especially for a title shot, which makes your scenario pretty unlikely. Not that I can really present a convincing alternative. Maybe they pump up Jimmo due to his good record and KO? Winner of Davis/Prado to guarantee a new face for Bones? Guys like Griffin and Lil' Nog seem unlikely...hell maybe they should fight each other, haha.

Vera should job to someone like Te Huna or Nedkov to bring some new faces closer to the upper echelon. Bones needs bodies stat.

dream

She stands 5-foot-3. She weighs 101 pounds. They can't calculate her inner toughness. If gymnastics creates incredibly fierce and focused athletes, then this was a display of it as much as if she beamed a golden smile from the top of the podium.
"It's more just a shock," she said in explaining the emotions. "I wasn't focused on getting the gold medal. I wasn't worried about that. I just wanted to prove to everybody that I could hit two vaults."
Her voice began to catch.
"And I could do my best for USA."
She paused for the briefest of moments.
"And that's what I'm disappointed about. I have just trained so hard and on this day it didn't matter."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympi...ce-in-winning-her-silver-medal-in-vault-.html

so gutted ):

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Shogun should definitely fight the winner of Rampage/Glover. Both of these fights would have a story line to go with them. That would also give Rampage some extra incentive to resign with the UFC if he does win. I can't say I'd be happy with Rampage vs. Shogun II for #1 contender though, haha. Save us, Glover.

Gus...well, that's a tough one. I don't think Joe Silva likes winners fighting losers, especially for a title shot, which makes your scenario pretty unlikely. Not that I can really present a convincing alternative. Maybe they pump up Jimmo due to his good record and KO? Winner of Davis/Prado to guarantee a new face for Bones? Guys like Griffin and Lil' Nog seem unlikely...hell maybe they should fight each other, haha.

Vera should job to someone like Te Huna or Nedkov to bring some new faces closer to the upper echelon. Bones needs bodies stat.

Te Huna had some excellent standup in his last fight. That was the first time I had seen him fight besides getting choked out by Gus. I'm still waiting for Nedkov's return.

industrian

Gus...well, that's a tough one. I don't think Joe Silva likes winners fighting losers, especially for a title shot, which makes your scenario pretty unlikely. Not that I can really present a convincing alternative.

Unless someone takes the top 10 of the division by storm there's no real "winner" to give Gus a credible title shot. I still think he should fight Bader first as a wrestling test before then fighting for the No. 1 contendership.

Guys like Griffin and Lil' Nog seem unlikely...hell maybe they should fight each other, haha.

I'd support this. Hopefully both of them retire afterwards.

My second choice was for Vera to fight the winner of Pokrajac vs. Magalhaes.

dream

You know she competed with a broken toe? The Ultimate's youngster, Rory, got a cut and retired from competition.

FACE

Banned
Dream and Chamber, did you know that Yamato now holds the moral high ground compared to you? Think about that.

Not that you can listen to Dana, but at the pre-fight presser he hinted that the winner that didn't go on to fight the winner of JBJ/Hendo would fight the loser, aka Shogun rematches with one of them either way. Would be awesome to get Shogun/Hendo 2. But if Hendo wins, I'd much rather Shogun fight Glover or Page.

Gus can fight Vera. He won last night right? The Truth is Back!

Chamber, do you know how extra creepy you look with that avatar and tag combo?

industrian

If Hendo wins then all hell will break loose. Jones has a pre-packaged excuse in his DUI shit, and I wonder what one of these choices Dana would take: 1) Give immediate rematch/No. 1 contender fight keep Jones marketable. or 2) Force him to HW to reboot the LHW division.

I just hope Hendo gets subbed or decisioned though and keeps his no KO losses record intact. Host Samurai will be on suicide watch either way.

Heel

My second choice was for Vera to fight the winner of Pokrajac vs. Magalhaes.

Forgot about Vinny signing. Yeah the winner here is on a good tear too. I'd put Manuwa in this realm if he wins his debut as well.

Maybe LHW can recover for one more cycle of competitors for the Boneyard?

Please win Hendo.

Dream and Chamber, did you know that Yamato now holds the moral high ground compared to you? Think about that.

ifaOYZYzmnLj1.jpg

FACE

Banned
This sort of appalling behaviour must not continue friends, if we let these two corrupt our thread any further we'll be no better than those we deride.

Your mind is in the gutter, friend.
Young Chamber, I just worry about my MMA-GAF friends losing their minds to the rape culture surrounding us outside our sanctuary. Even if you and drm have pure minds, think of the impression this gives the unwashed lurking betas.

I miss the days when Dream commented on the aesthetics of Koscheck's body.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So perfect she won a silver?

That particular vault helped seal a gold medal, friend. Maroney is the best in the world and knows it which is why she's upset with a silver medal that most would be quite proud of. That's the heart of a champion.

Top Bottom