• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Damn, Swick back in action and already is going for knee surgery. He says he hopes to fight in 2012 again though.

Also Diego Sanchez wants Nate Diaz. That would be a phenomenal fight.

____

A brief look in E Honda Rousey's home. Looks trashy ...

http://youtu.be/i_j9lm1pT2E

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lol uncle dana

The event, highlights by a main event pitting former UFC light-heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua against Brandon Vera, saw its highest ratings in the last half-hour, when approximately 2.36 million tuned in for the showcase fight.

The last UFC on FOX special, which aired in May, drew 2.4 million viewers for an event that featured lightweights Nate Diaz and Jim Miller in the main event. The first two UFC on FOX events drew 5.7 million and 4.7 million viewers, respectively.

I wonder if a bong and an ash tray full of loose seeds and stems had to be removed from the coffee table before the cameras got there. I also imagine a lot of empty solo cups laying around the premises.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yeah, definitely getting smaller.

jb9Lb.jpg

industrian

They're showing UFC on Fox on Taiwanese TV now. Having Chinese commentators for this shit is weird.

Cant wait to see how miserable the numbers are for this weekends card. Hopefully Diaz gets the next title shot, the numbers would jump up significantly compared to Edgar headlined fight, people just dont give a f*ck about Edgar.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People don't give a fuck about Ben Henderson either or lightweights in general.

I do expect some bitter tears from the internet when Edgar wins the belt back though.

industrian

Is one of them a cagey, knowledgeable loudmouth and the other just a loudmouth?

Wo ting bu dong Zhongwen.

But I love them not translating technical terms into Chinese. Hearing "Lauzon niggua triangle choke" gave me a decent chuckle.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Wait, there's another card this weekend?

Henderson vs. Edgar 2?

This oversaturation, coupled with a lack of personalities is really hurting my enjoyment of MMA. I couldn't even get excited for
pudgy
Shogun last weekend.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wait, there's another card this weekend?

Henderson vs. Edgar 2?

This oversaturation, coupled with a lack of personalities is really hurting my enjoyment of MMA. I couldn't even get excited for
pudgy
Shogun last weekend.
Too many cards for you, friend? Well then, get hype because UFC 152, UFC on Fuel TV 5, UFC on FX 5, and UFC 153 run in consecutive weeks. Furthermore, that Fuel TV card is on the same day as a Strikeforce card.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Too many cards for you, friend? Well then, get hype because UFC 152, UFC on Fuel TV 5, UFC on FX 5, and UFC 153 run in consecutive weeks.

It's a good thing I don't have anything better to do between 4AM and 7AM on a saturday night! Thank you Uncle Dana!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
People don't give a fuck about Ben Henderson either or lightweights in general.

I do expect some bitter tears from the internet when Edgar wins the belt back though.

rewatching the fight, yeah, if edgar avoided that upkick, he would have won. should be an easy thing to correct for fight 2.

that said, frankie always seems to get clipped by something - so i still think bendo wins :p

industrian

Plan B if I can't find a job by September is to study full time. I've been here for over two years and outside of stringing together simple sentences and asking my local mealbox places for beef fried rice it's fairly depressing. Then again a full-time job where you work 10 hours a day does that to you.

I've got a bad feeling about this!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485700

If you have to say it's not about rape....

Well, since I'm on the subject of Taiwan: I hate how a lot of women here wear fake eyelashes and coloured contact lenses. I've got some sort of aspergers shit going on with the eyes, and the fake eyelashes just look stupid. Combine that with the overkilled makeup and it's like a 14-year-old got her hands on her older sister's Friday Night Kit and just went crazy.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Plan B if I can't find a job by September is to study full time. I've been here for over two years and outside of stringing together simple sentences and asking my local mealbox places for beef fried rice it's fairly depressing. Then again a full-time job where you work 10 hours a day does that to you.
Honestly, I learned to speak what I can speak because I married into it and they'll plot against you. It is a survival mechanism. And, once my management found out I was able to speak some of the language, they started sending me to courses and then to overseas trips to help deal with our China offices because they preferred in-house managers. Now I manage remotely.

I found that if you find some shows to watch, it can make it more entertaining and can give you more of an incentive to learn. I personally got addicted to Kangxi Lai Le after developing a thing for Dee Hsu, even though I'm more of a Pan-Green voter, so to speak.

Well, since I'm on the subject of Taiwan: I hate how a lot of women here wear fake eyelashes and coloured contact lenses. I've got some sort of aspergers shit going on with the eyes, and the fake eyelashes just look stupid. Combine that with the overkilled makeup and it's like a 14-year-old got her hands on her older sister's Friday Night Kit and just went crazy.
The colored contact lenses bug me too, but not as much as the black half-hose you sometimes see on the mainland (which makes them look like an old man wearing black socks and sandals). They're doing it as a statement of means, but damned if it doesn't look odd as all hell.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't know what's worse, working at a soul-crushing office job or being turned down from working at a soul-crushing office job.

industrian

I don't know what's worse, working at a soul-crushing office job or being turned down from working at a soul-crushing office job.

At this point I'm contemplating returning to teaching English. Or as it's known in Taiwan: babysitting for US$20 per hour.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

I turned down one soul-crushing job, to keep working at another soul-crushing job, while searching for yet more soul-crushing jobs.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
At this point I'm contemplating returning to teaching English. Or as it's known in Taiwan: babysitting for US$20 per hour.

I've considered it. The only downside is the parents who want to get their kids into the public high schools and universities and don't realize that their children are dumb as rocks.

industrian

How is teaching in Taiwan?

Worse than Korea, but the Korean gravy train is ending soon, and Japan's ESL industry might as well not exist anymore.

Honest answer: around US$2000 per month. Factor in around 5% taxation, universal health care and a decent sized apartment costing around US$400 and the salary is pretty good. If you don't mind teaching kindergarten students that is.

If you're a qualified teacher you can teach in a proper school. I'm not. But in Korea I taught in a middle school with just my software development degree and loved it (they changed it so that you need an additional TEFL/CELTA now, and probably added other herd-trimming requirements too.)

I've considered it. The only downside is the parents who want to get their kids into the public high schools and universities and don't realize that their children are dumb as rocks.

Pretty much.

One thing I'll say, is that whilst there's competition to teach English in Taipei and Xinbei leading to recruiters actually being "choosy" about who entertains their kids all day - as soon as you step outside of that are you'll get a job just by turning up for a demo lesson. And even in Taipei/Xinbei it's pretty much just a case of demo lesson attrition, you do 10-20 of them and you'll end up with a job - and/or a lack of will to actually work.

Still waiting to hear back on a couple of technical writing positions though. I give it until September.

Top Bottom