• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Why is the Korean gravy train ending soon? I have a friend (former MMA-gaffer Eraldo Coil) going over to teach at the end of the month.

I turned down one soul-crushing job, to keep working at another soul-crushing job, while searching for yet more soul-crushing jobs.
I just verbally accepted a soul crushing job, when I already had a soul crushing job that I am good at. It's a risk but in the long term I think it will be better. I'm thinking 10-15 years down the line, if I lost this current job, I'd have a hard time finding something else. Best to move up now while I'm still young enough to learn quickly and handle stress.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Why is the Korean gravy train ending soon? I have a friend (former MMA-gaffer Eraldo Coil) going over to teach at the end of the month.

Oversaturation. Too many people arriving from western countries looking for work. Korea has been fairly good at controlling that in providing free return tickets from your home country - instead of encouraging people to fly there first to get work, but people are people.

The Korean ESL bubble's been good for a decade but the writing is on the wall about it bursting within the next few years. Especially if you want a good public school to work in. The hagwon trade will be around forever, but with the number of people looking for work the number of good jobs will dry up and shitty schools will just be even shittier with their staff knowing that there's fresh meat arriving in Incheon daily.

I see it becoming like Taiwan in a few years. Qualified teachers getting the good jobs and benefits leaving hagwons for people who are fresh off the plane. But luckily China's ESL market is expanding like a motherfucker and there's room for everyone over there.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I just verbally accepted a soul crushing job, when I already had a soul crushing job that I am good at. It's a risk but in the long term I think it will be better. I'm thinking 10-15 years down the line, if I lost this current job, I'd have a hard time finding something else. Best to move up now while I'm still young enough to learn quickly and handle stress.

Always better to move upwards!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I see it becoming like Taiwan in a few years. Qualified teachers getting the good jobs and benefits leaving hagwons for people who are fresh off the plane. But luckily China's ESL market is expanding like a motherfucker and there's room for everyone over there.
Chinese government is a PITA. So officious. Only place worse for that is India. At least in China you can eventually pay someone off.

Oversaturation. Too many people arriving from western countries looking for work. Korea has been fairly good at controlling that in providing free return tickets from your home country - instead of encouraging people to fly there first to get work, but people are people.

The Korean ESL bubble's been good for a decade but the writing is on the wall about it bursting within the next few years. Especially if you want a good public school to work in. The hagwon trade will be around forever, but with the number of people looking for work the number of good jobs will dry up and shitty schools will just be even shittier with their staff knowing that there's fresh meat arriving in Incheon daily.

Oh.

If I was going to teach I would try China.

ShaneB

Watching hunger games, my god this is atrocious! Do people actually like this?

I liked the movie. Well to clarify, I liked the action, the sci fi stuff, the survival parts, the actual aspect of it being a tv show and how crazy it all is. Hell it was a lot more violent than I expected as well. It was basically a modern Running Man in my opinion, but then all the teenage girl parts come into focus and I realize those are the parts I could do without.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I liked the movie. Well to clarify, I liked the action, the sci fi stuff, the survival parts, the actual aspect of it being a tv show and how crazy it all is. Hell it was a lot more violent than I expected as well. It was basically a modern Running Man in my opinion, but then all the teenage girl parts come into focus and I realize those are the parts I could do without.

Good for you, I found few, if any, redeemable qualities in it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
In Final Ratings, UFC on FOX 4 Draws Average of 2.44 Million Viewers

0017_n5e0.gif

another .08 mil! almost there!

Heel

So can we count you in among the members of McKaylaMaroneyAdmirers-GAF, friend?

NO.

If you were rooting for a gymnasts based solely on talent, wouldnt you be rooting for the prodigy and Olympic all-around gold medalist Gabby Douglas?

I see right through your web of lies and deceit.

^ whoever does OT4, please put that gif in the OP.

With Big Ben out, that is 2 of 7 2012.5 fights of interest to me that have been cancelled just today. Let's see if all of them can be cancelled before August.

Bendo vs Frankie 2
Kos vs Ellenburger
Struve vs Stipe
Hapa vs Big Ben
JLo vs Varner - ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!!
Cowboy vs Young Melvin
Okami vs Harris
Again, this is not a comprehensive list; just put it up fast last month to see how it would go.

iLLmAtlc

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Anderson is considering vacating the 185 lb belt to go down to 170 to challenge GSP:

Here's one way to solve the 185-pound problem the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is having -- have the champion vacate the title and move down to become a 170-pound problem.

That's apparently a move Middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva is considering now that the list of contenders in the weight class he's owned for six years now is less than appetizing. During a recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer revealed a conversation he had with higher ups at the UFC who told him he could reveal a few possibilities that could play themselves out in the future, likely sometime next year.

This is all subject to change, of course, but apparently, "The Spider" is kicking around the notion of vacating the middleweight title and moving down to welterweight to challenge division champion Georges St. Pierre for a superfight we know the promotion is already hoping to put together assuming "Rush" is able to defeat Carlos Condit when they tussle at UFC 154 in November.

That would free up the middleweight strap to a whole host of contenders who would no longer be under the long shadow cast by Silva, the greatest pound-for-pound fighter of all time.

Also an interesting connection drawn to Machida weighing 201lbs:

Interestingly enough, that could also be the reason Lyoto Machida came into his UFC on Fox 4 bout against Ryan Bader weighing just 201-pounds. He was a lean, mean ass-kicking machine and his knockout victory was so impressive, he earned a light heavyweight title shot with it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/7/32...itle-welterweight-georges-st-pierre-fight-ufc

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Anderson is considering vacating the 185 lb belt to go down to 170 to challenge GSP:

Also an interesting connection drawn to Machida weighing 201lbs:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/7/32...itle-welterweight-georges-st-pierre-fight-ufc

I predicted Lyoto would never rematch Bones because he'd tuck his tail and run to 185. If he didn't have to fight his butt buddy Canderson that would make it even convenient for him. Too bad all fighters don't' have the balls of GOAT BJ Penn. Dude is a lightweight (well, was) and moved up to fight Machida at one point.

You know how excited I would be to see Andy drop to 170 to fight GSP?

Well, if I were a girl I'd be all

methodgetswhite-dress-gif.gif

http://wrestlingfeed.com/image-gallery/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ric-Flair-Lost-Control-of-His-Tongue.gif
Disgusting. I am enjoying that girl purely for her lovely smile and healthy enthusiasm for the sport. All fans should aspire to attain her level of happiness.

You know how excited I would be to see Andy drop to 170 to fight GSP?

Well, if I were a girl I'd be all

methodgetswhite-dress-gif.gif

Disgusting. I am enjoying that girl purely for her lovely smile and healthy enthusiasm for the sport. All fans should aspire to attain her level of happiness.

That's funny. I'm enjoying her for her sweet tits and sexy looking tight dress.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That's really just Meltzer speculating. I don't believe Canderson is vacating anything.

What's with these mocking posts? Are you guys implying drm and I have anything but the purest of admiration for young, sweet McKayla?

Top Bottom