• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hold up... didn't K-1 get bought out by some other company that would provide financial stability and shit to it?

Hold up... didn't K-1 get bought out by some other company that would provide financial stability and shit to it?
Yep, then they put on an event in Madrid and the same bullshit happened.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Then a couple months later the two entities that basically loaned the top fighters out to K-1 joined forces got frustrated, pulled their guys out and said fuck you we'll do this shit on our own.

Heel

A lot of the K-1 shit is near unexplainable because FEG split up the rights and funneled everything into different shell companies. The yakuza's serpentine movement is very difficult to follow.

Golden Glory head honcho Bas Boon wanted to buy K-1 with some investors, but it went to a guy named Mr. Kim who doesn't seem to have the money or know-to get things rolling like Boon. In response Boon purchased kickboxing promotion It's Showtime and now has nearly every fighter of value under contract, save a few (Ghita, the imprisoned Badr Hari, etc.).

In short, GLORY has the money, fight biz experience and roster. K-1 can't pay its bills on time and have cards headlined by a 50 year old Rick Rufus.

That's why K-1 on Spike isn't actually that exciting at face value, and actually kind of worrying. GLORY on Spike would be awesome but they don't have the brand name appeal and are currently contract bound by AXS (HDNet). Would have been perfect if Boon had acquired K-1 as intended but shit went serpentine in the 11th hour.

Wait what? Remy is back?

Yep, fighting Anderson Silva with a promotion that will actually pay him.

Heel

Glory is just ready for K-1 to fall so they can buy the company and make the ultimate kickboxing company. "

It's K-1 Glory"

Imagine the war Bas Boon and Uncle Dana would get in if Zuffa bought K-1.

Boon buying K-1 and aligning with Bellator and Spike against Zuffa would be gold too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
mission accomplished

0053_2wkeu.gif

yacobod

Banned
Seems like a thread for the resident OT celebrities to attention whore.

gosh i wonder who you might be referring to.

----
edit for some real talk:
If RawNuts was a real brah, he would have handled his business with Houston like a man, and not 2 or 3 years later on an internet forum. he should have whipped that ass 209 style and proved he was no bitch.

industrian

So adjusted for inju... you know what, I'm not going to play that game this time. UFC 154 will be 100% injury free. Believe.

dream

But she's so knowledgeable. She literally has a rudimentary and cursory understanding of every conceivably topic posted in the OT.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I can't wait until Aldo kicks his legs off and picks him apart standing. Then Frankie will have to drop down to 135, which I actually wouldn't root against since that division desperately needs talent.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Frankie heading to 145. The Bully won the war.

Gray the Gawd claimed earlier that he would follow Frank to 145. He wants that 4th fight badly.

I can't wait until Aldo kicks his legs off and picks him apart standing. Then Frankie will have to drop down to 135, which I actually wouldn't root against since that division desperately needs talent.

Frankie Edgar, the rightful Lightweight champion, is by far the best person Aldo will have ever faced. I can't wait for that fight.

dream

I mean, there's a part of me that is sympathetic because he is obviously very lonely and finds meaning by being accepted by various communities on this forum. But then I remember that I'm a terrible person and it disappears.

Heel

Gray the Gawd claimed earlier that he would follow Frank to 145. He wants that 4th fight badly.

Really? Man, so much respect for Lord Gray. Hes earned untouchable Gawd status for the remainer of his career. Anyone caught picking against him is on notice permanently.

industrian

I wonder what can Frankie is set to crush decision to legitimise his title shot against Aldo.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That one half-a-male dude.

Yeah, Mendes would be smart booking by Uncle Dana and Joe Silva. He's a name opponent who will give Edgar credibility in the division and at the same time, there's no chance Frankie actually loses to him. Basically the same thing they did with Florian.

industrian

The former Lay Praynard is fighting Creepy Joe next, not going to 145.

1) Frankie KO's Aldo in Brazil and somehow makes it out alive with the Featherweight title.
2) The Artist Formerly Known As Lay Praynard goes back to his roots and 50-45s Nate Diaz for the Lightweight belt.
3) Frankie vs. Maynard IV at whatever weight class they choose. Someone walks away as a two-division champion. Feud reignited.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
pretty sure he was begging for it. was it the devo caricature or the "dude should just kill himself" comment? either one would get him a vacation

Top Bottom