• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Fedor I hope Edgar's 145 debut is more exciting than Florian's.

Also it is not fun when people try to get banned. Let's just get banned on our own merits.

I'm just glad we're on a new page now.
What happened on the last page? I've been so busy at work I can't even browse gaf. Although this is how it will be at my new job next week so I guess I should get used to it.

Heel

they-livekwy1x.gif

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
pretty sure he was begging for it. was it the devo caricature or the "dude should just kill himself" comment? either one would get him a vacation

The "kill himself" one could probably lead to a permanent vacation :( just look at our fallen "friend" what's-his-face, the Edgar & Renner-hater.

Heel

Perhaps MMA fan and BJJ practitioner EviLore was lurking the thread from Romania and got revenge for yaco's Rickson comment. Keen, could you request a pardon or forgiveness for yaco when you go visit him?

Yeah it had to be the "he should kill himself" post ITT.

I guess this means our insular MMA GAF is no longer the sanctuary we once assumed it to be.

Hope you weren't banned for three months like me yacob :(

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Perhaps MMA fan and BJJ practitioner EviLore was lurking the thread from Romania and got revenge for yaco's Rickson comment. Keen, could you request a pardon or forgiveness for yaco when you go visit him?

If I see him I'll try, but apparently he is fleeing Stockholm for Uppsala for health reasons. Despite my generous offer of an outdoor party with very fine women on Saturday. Fine character that is, wouldn't want any mods to think I'm objectifying anyone!

I did meet OnkelC yesterday tho.

Edit: see this post for a pic of one of said finely charactered women (me top right).

Pic also posted in honor of our fallen comrade Yacob, as he led the way.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I mean, there's a part of me that is sympathetic because he is obviously very lonely and finds meaning by being accepted by various communities on this forum. But then I remember that I'm a terrible person and it disappears.

image.php

It gets even worse - Miguel Torres released by UFC. I liked him. Granted he was a shadow of the fighter he was in his WEC days but he still was a solid fighter and always scrapped.

Haunted

I read the last couple pages to get up to speed on the latest UFC news and all I read is drama OT shit.

You've failed me, MMA-GAF.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It gets even worse - Miguel Torres released by UFC. I liked him. Granted he was a shadow of the fighter he was in his WEC days but he still was a solid fighter and always scrapped.

i read that. heres hoping it fuels his fire to be more the fighter he used to be and he can make his way back into the ufc.

I read the last couple pages to get up to speed on the latest UFC news and all I read is drama OT shit.

You've failed me, MMA-GAF.
That's what happens when you take a thread as pure as this one was and banish it to the community subforum due to a perceived insularity. It actually becomes insular.

ShaneB

Cody Mckenzie is a fucking bum. Almost literally, when he fought Chad Mendes my friends thought "he looks like some bum they took off the street!"

He's a nice guy I am sure, but other than pulling off a guillotine a few times, fighting isn't his calling in life.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
This song goes out to our departed Yaco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34pUPTy5Dk

attachment.php

Alas Yaco ..till we meet again...at the next nerd chat

in the spirit of Metal Goodbyes.

As the sun breaks above the ground
An old mod stands on the hill
As the ground warms to the first rays of light
A birdsong shatters the still

His eyes are ablaze
See the madman in his gaze

Fly on your way like an eagle
Fly as high as the sun
On your wings like an eagle
Fly and touch the sun

Now the crowd breaks and Yaco appears
Look the old mod in his eyes
As he spreads his wings and shouts at the crowd
In the name of God my father I fly

His eyes seem so glazed
As he flies on the wings of a dream
Now he knows his father betrayed
Now his wings burn to ashes to ashes his grave

Fly on your way like an eagle
Fly as high as the sun
On your wings like an eagle
Fly and touch the sun

SteveWD40

lol hasn't he lost the last 5 in a row to mostly scrubs? And he's picking a fight with a guy who's been doing nothing but title fights for the past 2 years?

At this point he is just looking for the payday / exposure I assume, much like the legions who call out Bisping, a fight with Edgar means a main or co-main, possible FOTN bonus even if you lose and he won't hurt you too much based on recent records.

Top Bottom