• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

TheNatural

My Member!
fuck my fucking life

UFC 151: Ellenberger vs Hieron aka EVEN FUCKING FUEL WOULDN'T LIKE THIS CARD

aka

THIS GUY JUST STUNK UP A HDNET CARD, PAY TO SEE HIM ON PPV NOW

That's fucking wrong.

What you gotta understand is this guy Hieron, this guy is a fucking. STUD.

This is his first UFC fight in seven years and everyone around MMA circles knows what an absolute killer this guy is. This guy has beat Ellenberger, Healy, Joe Riggs, and basically beat the current Bellator champ if not for a shit decision.

I guarantee this will be a fight of the year candidate and anyone with a brain who is a true MMA fan knows it to be the same. It's going to be absolutely fucking nuts.

That's fucking wrong.

What you gotta understand is this guy Hieron, this guy is a fucking. STUD.

This is his first UFC fight in seven years and everyone around MMA circles knows what an absolute killer this guy is. This guy has beat Ellenberger, Healy, Joe Riggs, and basically beat the current Bellator champ if not for a shit decision.

I guarantee this will be a fight of the year candidate and anyone with a brain who is a true MMA fan knows it to be the same. It's going to be absolutely fucking nuts.
And the bottom line is, WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

TheNatural

My Member!
Jeremy Botter‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.

TheNatural

My Member!
Luke Thomas‏@SBNLukeThomas

@KCBanditMMA @jamiekilstein if what I'm hearing is correct, it's so much worse than what is even being rumored on Twitter.

WTF? Worse how?

TheNatural

My Member!
Sherdog > Twitter > Florian > Twitter > Sherdog > Internet

That's what I'm going with right now. White belt junior on Sherdog posted a one line troll any everyone goes nuts like wildfire is my guess.

Sherdog > Twitter > Florian > Twitter > Sherdog > Internet

That's what I'm going with right now. White belt junior on Sherdog posted a one line troll any everyone goes nuts like wildfire is my guess.
dude Hendo would have tweeted by now saying he's ok and the white belt is a dumbshit.

His silence however is deafening.

TheNatural

My Member!
dude Hendo would have tweeted by now saying he's ok and the white belt is a dumbshit.

His silence however is deafening.

It's like almost 1 in the morning and the guy has tweeted once in 4 days. He obviously isn't twitter obsessed like others.

Your fav though on the matter:

via FrontRowBrian:
Regarding Hendo. Everyone who would know that I know isn't talking. Dana not talking. Something is up.

It's like almost 1 in the morning and the guy has tweeted once in 4 days. He obviously isn't twitter obsessed like others.

Your fav though on the matter:

via FrontRowBrian:
Regarding Hendo. Everyone who would know that I know isn't talking. Dana not talking. Something is up.
It's 9:45 on the best coast which so happens to be the coast that Hendo is on.

He still doesn't Tweet.

ib1BVrNqtwIePJ.png

All those tweets are from 3 days ago.

TheNatural

My Member!
ib1BVrNqtwIePJ.png

All those tweets are from 3 days ago.

Which was kind of my point. Three days before that he was just retweeting stuff. Guy doesn't seem big on Twitter, not that I can blame him based on this wild goose chase so far tonight.

Anyway, I'm going to bed, I'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow. It's getting a little too Nintendo conferencey with all these wild rumors, it's like MMA's pre E3 night tonight or something.

I'll just wait for someone with a pulse to say something instead of all these stupid dick waving contests with cryptic messages from 'reporters' on Twitter.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jones blew his ACL today... watch man watch it happen.

I don't mind him breaking a bone or anything, but most sportsmen who fuck up their ACLs are never the same once they recover. As ambivalent as I am regarding Jon Jones, I would hate to see a talent like that get scuppered by this sort of injury.

It would make for good lulz though.

JPKellams

Wading into your insular GAF madness to posit the possibility of the following:

Jones got another DUI.

(Imagine how awesome that Dana press conference would be.)

Detective twitter is on the case.. apparently Tarec Saffedine who was included in Hendo's tweet hasn't seen Hendo since his fight last weekend. Tarec's tweet stating that has since been deleted.

From the looks of it, Hendo's tweet was a form of damage control, albeit a tad heavy handed. If you ask me, he's hurt and is going to take the fight anyways.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Detective twitter is on the case.. apparently Tarec Saffedine who was inluded in Hendo's tweet hasn't seen Hendo since his fight last weekend. Tarec's tweet stating that has since been deleted.

Someone needs to tell Detective Twitter that including someone in a tweet doesn't particularly mean that they were involved.

But yeah, this has Hendo out via injury written all over it.

Heel

the_fight_observer said:
There is so much misinformation about what has happened and is happening with K-1, that I'd like to take a moment to dispel a myth or two.

Myth 1: Glory has all the best fighters and K-1 only has the leftovers.

The Facts: At this time K-1 and Glory each have contracted about an equal number of top ranked fighters. Using LiverKick.com's Top 10 Rankings let's look at the respective fighter rosters.

Lets first take a look at the fighters who have qualified to fight in each promotion's 70 KG MAX Tournament Finals this year.

Glory 70 KG MAX 2012 Final 8 (11/03 in Rome, Italy)
1. Giorgio Petrosyan (71-1-2) World Rank 1
2. Robin van Roosmalen (35-13-3) World Rank 2
3. Shemsi Beqiri (71-7) World Rank 10
4. Albert Kraus (67-15-3)
5. Ky Hollenbeck (34-7)
6. Tim Thomas (47-13-2)
7. Davit Kiria (21-1)
8. Sanny Dahlbeck (25-4)

K-1 70 KG MAX 2012 Final 8 (12/08 in Athens, Greece)
1. Artur Kyshenko (50-9-1) World Rank 3
2. Andy Souwer (142-12-1) World Rank 4
3. Andy Ristie (38-2) World Rank 8
4. Harut Grigorian (41-7)
5. Reece Mcallister (33-3-1)
6. Yasuhiro Kido (27-13-1)
7. Mike Zambidis (151-20)
8. Chris Ngimbi (24-11)

Now it could be argued that Glory has both the number 1 & 2 ranked fighters in their tournament and thus the higher quality tournament. I'd suggest that both tournaments are of a high quality. With fighters such as Abraham Roqueni (67-9-2) World Rank 9 and Murthel Groenhart (47-14-3) failing to make it out K-1's final 16 it seems they have plenty of talented MAX fighters under contract.

Things are just as closely contested in the Heavyweight division. Taking a look at the fighters of both promotions shows us that there is a pretty even split of the top talent. K-1 and Glory each have 5 of the top 10 ranked fighters.

Glory Heavyweight Fighters
1. Semmy Schilt (39-6-1) World Rank 1
2. Gokhan Saki (75-15) World Rank 4
3. Errol Zimmerman (76-16-1) World Rank 5
4. Tyrone ***** (68-6-1) World Rank 8
5. Peter Aerts (103-28-1) World Rank 9
6. Remy Bonjasky (75-14)
7. Jerome LeBanner (72-21-2)
8. Sergei Kharitonov (3-2)
9. Filip Verlinden (37-7-1)
10. Braddock Silva (32-7-1)
11. Brice Guidon (28-7)
12. Jamal Ben Saddik (20-0)
13 Igor Jurkovic (44-5)

K-1 Heavyweight Fighters
1. Daniel Ghita (44-7) World Rank 2
2. Badr Hari (100-11) World Rank 3
3. Sergei Lashchenko (29-9) World Rank 6
4. Rico Verhoeven (37-6-1) World Rank 7
5. Hesdy Gerges (39-11-1) World Rank 10
6. Catalin Morosanu (32-5)
7. Paul Slowinski (101-18-1)
8. Raul Catinas (17-4)
9. Melvin Manhoef (37-10)
10. Ismael Londt (29-3-1)
11. Mirko Cro Cop (18-7)
12. Ben Edwards (31-8-2)
13. Dzevad Poturak (48-18-1)
14. Benjamin Adegbuyi (12-1-1)

Myth 2: Glory's purchase of It's Showtime put them miles ahead of K-1.

The Facts: There is a lot of emphasis placed on Glory buying it's Showtime with little mention of K-1's recently announced partnership with Eduard Irmina's Superkombat. While Superkombat is less known than It's Showtime in America, it has become a formidable promotion with a new Eurosport television deal.

The Romania based Superkombat now has its Grand Prix events broadcasted live to 350 million homes, in 20 languages, in 75 countries through Eurosport International and Eurosport Asia-Pacific. Irmina worked with FEG to promote K-1 events in Europe and has since filled the void that was left with FEG's bankruptcy.

The Superkombat partnership will help with production, fighter aquisition and eventually the big prize itself of course being amalgamation and the TV contract with Eurosport to pair nicely with the announced Spike TV deal in America.

I think both Glory & K-1 can put out great products, I'll write more on this when I have some time.

the_fight_observer said:
The biggest concern going forward for K-1 Global as a company is regarding their funding. EMCOM is hardly a massive concern especially compared the the financial clout being put behind Glory.

On one hand you have K-1 now owned by a small Japanese/Hong Kong based corporation that is entering this business space for the first time but seem to be making some interesting moves. The Spike deal and the Superkombat partnership are both very promising developments that bode well, but it is very early days.

The Madrid event was very entertaining as a fan to watch, I have only read what has been published online in terms of problems regarding late payments or short payments and have zero insight into behind the scenes issues like that.

I too am skeptical that EMCOM can pull this off without a major investment from an entity like Viacom. As they did for Bellator and Total Sports Asia & Pierre Andurand did for Glory. I think the Spike deal is a good sign though. Glory is already a behomoth and while out of the gate K-1 seems to be on equal footing, sometimes it takes a big machine some time to warm up.

If K-1 isn't on stable ground to start 2013, I think they will most likely be run over by the Glory frate trane.

iuGvrXI1KFNmG.gif

I had no idea K-1 actually had a roster like that, at least in theory if they can pay them. I ain't even mad now. Bring on Spike.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
K-1 wall of text damage control.
That's great and all in theory but it still doesn't change the fact that Bad MMA serpentined its way into what was up until now the most prestigious tournament in professional combat sports and has caused irreversible damage to it.

Oh and I can't wait until Hendo says fuck it, fights Bones on a bum knee, H-Bombs him, and goes down as the GOAT

Reading through the thread for the first time since yesterday afternoon. So what's the deal - what's going on? Is Hendo and/or Jones legit out?

I love that Machida gif.

Gr1m, I think all the current Transformers comics right now are on Dinobots. They all say DINOBOT MONTH or something on them. I stopped reading the new intertwined series, but picked them up because fucking Dinobots! Both are on #8 right now, just came out last week and this week. The trades release info say they'll be 4 issues each.

I'm not exactly sure what the other series are--was only reading Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets the Eye, but I guess Regeneration picks up where the last Marvel series ended 20+ years ago and written by same guy. And maybe there's another series, I dunno. Never followed the comics so it's confusing to me.

I was bored at work and decided to make a fake twitter account. I was trolling Bisping hard and he even responded, but the best part was that Tim Boesch started following me.

Top Bottom